1 comment

Asian American

It was a hot summer day; everything was going on normal for Ratha. He was taking a warm shower bath, and then suddenly something strange happened. He accidentally drank a little bit of soap mixed with an old traditional bottle of oil that he had bought from an Ayurveda shop. Chemical reactions started happening instantly. He kept thinking what is going on, due to the weird taste in his mouth. He was afraid of the side-effects but when nothing seemed to be working, he decided to forget about it and take a nap.

 He was getting notifications of big and big sad events. HE WAS GETTING TO KNOW THE FUTURE. When he visited his Ma and Pa he did not want to tell his parents he got powers because he was not that happy to try them and was speechless. Because he got a notification on his head that his Ma is going to die from the car accident. He cried in his mama’s room secretly. His Pa walked in and he got a goosebumps and tried to wipe ALL his tears he had. His pa said what happened? He didn’t want to say it. When he got home he cried more loudly with a tissue paper. His Pa called again… He was very emotional so he picked up and said the issue. His Pa said

Ratha: I had a notification that my Ma is going to die. I also know the whole future!

Pa: Don’t worry son! Look the notifications is just your imagination!

Ratha didn’t know that it came from that shampoo taste on his tongue.

When he was at office he got late. He looked tired. Then when sir said, “You are late you brat! Ratha: Sorry!! OKAY?           

Sir: Hmm ok fine                  *below the word Bacha means kid

 Everybody looked at his tongue, it was weird. Ratha was wondering “WHY did they look at me that way?” When he got home his Wife knocked (she was from shopping.) He got a notification that she is going to get extremely fat. The wife was sad and never talked to him. He was lonely and had a normal business so he visited his Pa. They both had a glass of Rum. He felt a little good. His mama came and asked, “Want to watch the movie, “Wake up Sid” for a little?” He said, “No” and went back. When his wife and he went for dinner he got a notification on his head that now she is going to sign a divorce. Ratha wanted to live a little so he also signed it. He was feeling okay and then decided to browse it and then quickly forget about it and watches some R rated movie. When he browsed it nothing popped up. When his Mama messaged him, “I’m going to come to your house and have tea.” He said “Can you please walk?” His Ma replied, “13 miles?!?! I am old, *Bacha

Ratha: NO! You don’t understand…  Ratha’s Ma ignored him and came… Then… SHjhdsijhkjsncus slam BOOM kssssshh jjjjjjjjjj DEAD! She passed away L

All Ratha’s family except the mom because she is no more now came and felt sad. And prayed. Ratha just wanted to chill in his house. Again He went to office as usual. One time there was a party in the office because the office hit 20 Million Members and 10K subscribers on YouTube. Then He wanted to go to Goa after the office gave everyone the 3 weeks holiday break. He forgets about everything and gets a notification that he is going to get a new girlfriend!!! When they move into their hotel they try lots of stuff in Goa! Then with an expose a man said “She is a fake girlfriend.” He ignored the boy… Then he gets a notification she is going to cheat on him. He runs away fast because he is having a lot of trouble in his life. He heads to his real home and starts praying for god that god would remove the power and sad things of his life. (It was not only the power there is also sad things and they automatically came.) When he prayed for god a lot of times… STILL he was very sad because the god didn’t listen to him this time and he noticed it because he got a notification that he got a heart attack………… He slowly woke up his eyes.. He woke up in the hospital. No one was there he was thinking about all his future… He thought about 7 years back his girlfriend (which is his ex-wife now) played and had a lot of fun… He even thought about his team winning in college and his girlfriend and he got his first date. He thought about more events like this in his deathbed he was not breathing!!! Dying alone…. Still! Now he was thinking about an event when He had his first date… Ratha: Oh no why is my girl not here yet!? Ratha’s Girl: HII! Ratha: OMG There you are! What kind of drink will you like? Ratha’s Girl: Just a glass of… AH Idea maybe a glass off… what was that name?? OOH yes the Winston Cocktail. But its $12790 a shot… Ratha: Anything for you baby…. *Ratha buys drink* *they both sit on table* Yummy! They taste amazing! Said both at the same time. (They were drinking from the same glass*…..  He thought of that a lot of times at the hospital. He was very happy but sad… Finally with a big surprise his   Pa came and told their story of how they had to stay in a hospital too when they were young… Pa: If I could survive that then you could…

Ratha was still in tears because of his pain… He met his wife!! The wife was also here!!!  He talked a little… than he blinked… than for 5 minutes what he could see was black stuff... then he finally woke up. Then he felt something very bright… his wife waking him up!!! From his real bed!! All of the things were just a long dream since he went to a small nap! His Ex-wife which his is wife now is very angry because the Ratha promised to do the dishes. Ratha said, “It was just a long dream I am so sorry”. Finally in real the wife breaks up with him… then finally he finds a new girlfriend!!! Then slowly gets married. That was the story of the sad adventure. HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

June 19, 2021 03:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Arav Gamez
21:27 Jun 23, 2021

Very good story.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.