0 comments

Drama Fiction Romance

There is a young lady sitting in a chair and looking out the window. She avoids the bustle of city life by settling outside of it. At times, she experiences panic episodes. She lives here alone, with only the bare essentials in terms of furniture and household goods. She was a recluse who rarely left the house. There is no one home opposite her. However, very soon a new neighbour will be moving in next door. The household next door is really normal and unremarkable. He is joined by his wife and their two young girls. A dermatologist at a local hospital is the man's place of employment. The lady intends to drop by and meet her new neighbour someday. However, the doorbell rings abruptly. When she opens the door, she sees a group of her neighbours waiting for her outside. However, she was taken aback at seeing him standing behind her family, and tears quickly began to stream down her cheeks. The person she sees behind her family soon disappears, and she is able to gain control of her emotions. As it is just a hallucination, she decided not to pay any attention to it. Once the family has had time to get to know the woman, they become very attached to her. The woman revealed to her friend one day that she, too, has a little kid who is adopted, who is still to come, and how he is a wonderful guy. Suddenly, the woman inquires as to the details of the discovery, and upon hearing the woman's account, she is convinced that it is indeed him. The woman cries herself to sleep every night remembering the dear friend she left behind that day. And she's not sure which way to turn to greet him when he finally arrives. Akanksha and her family relocated to Mumbai around the time of the New Year. She was completely unaccustomed to her surroundings. She decided to enrol in a different university. It doesn't take long for her to meet and befriend a lot of people, and Namit Malhotra is one of her closest new pals. A few years later, Namit and Akanksha began dating. Both sets of parents took this news badly, and soon enough, Akanksha's parents arranged her marriage to someone else. Akanksha and Namit are devastated by this news, yet they are tied together by their parents' conversation. Namit permanently relocated to the United States when Akanksha got married. Namit will soon return to his new family's home. Though he is visually impaired, he welcomes the change of scenery brought about by his family's relocation. When his adoptive parents finally take him to see a young woman, he is shocked to hear the voice he hasn't heard in so long. Akanksha, who has been upset at witnessing Namit's plight, keeps her feelings a secret from everyone. Namit's parents are frustrated since he can't find a marriage because of his blindness. Akanksha confronts the woman about his blindness one day, but she has no idea what caused it. Eventually, everyone in the family decides that Akanksha would be the perfect bride for Namit. Although Akanksha initially baulked, she now agrees because nobody else can watch over Namit. Since it was their first night together, they both went to sleep without doing anything, with her hiding her true identity out of fear that Namit would misunderstand her sympathies for him. After being married for a month, Namit suddenly developed a high fever, causing Akanksha to fear. With nowhere else to turn, the couple ended up sharing an erotic moment in which they merged into a single being. When morning came and Namit finally got out of bed, he was shocked to realise to get the familiar feelings, but he couldn't see the figure lying next to him, so instead he just held her close to him after feeling her near after so many years. He was overjoyed to realise to whom he got married, but he kept his happiness a secret from Akanksha. After the events of that night, Namit becomes naughty toward her and begins to treat her as if she were his wife as soon as he recovers from his fever. Akanksha is taken aback by his treatment of her, but she keeps her cool in the hopes that he will eventually come to terms with his own reality and make an effort to accept her as well. Akanksha follows Namit about in silence as they proceed. Thankfully, they've been blessed with a set of baby daughters. Namit loses his eyesight in a car accident that occurs on the way home from a shopping trip. Eventually, after all these years, they find each other again and are able to take comfort in each other's arms because of what happened. Then they both reflect on their harrowing histories and decide to have a heart-to-heart about their own traumas. Later that day, with the kids in bed, Akanksha tells her new partner about how her alcoholic ex-husband used to abuse and torture her. Her folks find out about the marriage and try to confront him about it; he kills them both in the process, but he is killed on the way home from a bar because he was driving intoxicated. Namit, on the other hand, never tied the knot but instead got involved with a woman in an effort to exact revenge on Akanksha; however, she cheated on him with another man, and as he was leaving her, he was involved in an accident and lost his eyesight. Soon after, he learned that an automobile accident had claimed the lives of his parents. In the end, they adopted him as their own son. If you're in love, the timing might be a major factor in your life. Time is always on their side, and they will eventually meet. No matter how difficult their journeys may be, they are together and will finish up together. In the same way, Namit and Akanksha have become each other's rock in modern life. There's no way for them to ever cross paths, but fate has other plans. Akanksha still does it today, but instead of melancholy, she feels a giddy, all-encompassing joy when she gazes out the window. They moved away soon after but stayed in touch with him. The peaceful existence that Namit and Akanksha's share is unusual in modern times.

January 19, 2023 15:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.