Once upon a time, Samuel made his own choices.

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Write about someone finally making their own choices.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

Once upon a time, Samuel made his own choices.

Each person has the right to make decisions and have choices about how they live their life.

The decision making is the process of making choices by identifying a decision or gathering information and assessing alternative resolutions. There is a step-by-step decision making process or choices that can help you make more deliberate thoughtful decisions.

Choices as in decision making is perhaps making the most important component of Managers activities. It also plays the most important role in the planning process. When the managers plan, they decide on matters as what goals their organization will pursue , what resources they will use and who will perform the required task.

It is important to evaluate your life and make choices. Also for certain outcomes of that decision may not be what you want them to be. Again when evaluating  decisions or choices , Samuel looked at the whole situation which gives him the whole perspective of the situation and what all the outcomes can be for you entirely.

Some examples of decision making skills that assists in making choices includes problem solving, leadership, reasoning , intuition, teamwork, emotional intelligence , creativity and time management. Also making a choice makes a difference.” The one thing that you truly control in life is your own choices.‘ as commented by Samuel.

Again make sure that you exercise your ability to choose and make choices , otherwise life will make those choices for you entirely.

The ten reasons why you need to make a choice includes

·        You may not get another chance because opportunity knocks only once. Do not let an option pass you by because you don’t make a timely decision.

·        You can change your mind. Don’t let the fear of making a wrong choice paralyze you.

·        It is not that important. There are very few decisions in life that are truly important. Also don’t let the perceived importance scare you from choosing.

·        Again, not making a choice is a choice.

·        When you don’t choose for yourself, life will choose for you. People make decisions by not choosing.

·        Also making choices is a privilege. It is the one thing that you control in your life.

Make sure you choose your own path.

·        Some other people decisions are not your own, make your own choices. Do live your own life.

·        The sorts of inaction lead to a boring life. In addition, be bold in your decisions and live with the good and bad.

·        Also note that today always beats tomorrow. It is said that Today is the only day you have. Tomorrow is only a promise and may never come. Dream for tomorrow, but live for today, Make your choice and do it now.

Make your own choices, then life or someone else will make them for you. Also make today the day you decide. Choices are so vital to Samuel, many times in our lives which if not taken would prove detrimental to our survival and sustenance. Choices require to commit extensive resources of finance and usually involves an impressive level of uncertainty with respect to outcome.

Also one of the most important aspects of life is decision making and for every choice involves making the right decisions. Every choice that we had decided on doing can also impact our lives either in a good or bad way, it helps shape our lives to also identify who we are to ourselves and to other people.

Samuel made choices and other decisions by determining his goal , determining its value, arranging and examining the options available to reach it.

Again determine the likelihood of each option meeting your goal in life in terms of the choices you make. Seek also to choose the option with the highest likelihood of meeting it.

Good choices made by Samuel are decisions that keep you heading in the direction in which you want to go. Again life is made up of an infinite amount of choices. Choices as noted by Samuel is the act of picking or deciding between two or more possibilities.

Choices is the opportunity or power to choose between two or more possibilities.

Also the opportunity or power to make a decision. Life choice is an important decision that you make about your life as in the scenario of Samuel.

Graham Brown once said , and I quote that :“Life is all about choices.” The choices we make and the path we take helps us to create our lives.

Choices makes us different from our peers, it makes us who we are today and what results we are seeing in our life. Choices helps us get a better result. In addition choice is the act of making a selection or the person or thing which is selected. Samuel decided to make his own choices finally. The most important choices he made was financial decision. The others decision or choices Samuel made includes Investment decisions, and business decisions.

The most important choices in life that Samuel had in mind includes life’s biggest decisions that includes

·        Having children

·        Getting married

·        Learning to drive

·        Retiring

·        Buying a property with a partner.

·        Breaking up with a partner.

·        Choosing to save or spend money.

Again, the two primary choices in life is to accept things as they exist or to accept the responsibility of changing them.

Ezra Bloom also narrates that:” Who you are is just a collection of choices, decisions that somehow all adds up to the person you become in life.” Choices either made you good or bad responsible or irresponsible. Choice is also essential for our well-being as it allows us to feel we have some control over our lives.

Also managing too many choices can be detrimental in terms of time, energy and focus.

We make our choices, then choices also make us. The power of choice means that you can decide where you can decide where you want to go in life. Again you can do and choose to do work that matters in life. Samuel makes choices in order to choose to select to separate and also take in preferences.

The five most important decisions or choices of a person’s life includes

·        Choosing to love yourself.

·        Choosing the right friends.

·        Choosing the right partner.

·        Choosing a Career you love.

·        Choosing to get excited every day.

·        Choosing to exercise every day.

·        Choosing to eat healthy.

Finally, Samuel made his own choices because making his own choices about the things he does is very important because it gives his life some sort of meaning.  

May 22, 2021 20:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.