8 comments

Bedtime Holiday Kids

Part 1 

I woke to a thump,

Thump

Thump

Bang

Crash!

And a 

“It’s Halloween!”

I recognized that voice anywhere.i turned around and kept trying to sleep.truth is i am pretty excited for Halloween! my brother is going as a fireman.and i am going trick-or-

treating with my friends.we are all going as witches!

Then i heard fast foot steps coming up to my room.then my brother bursted in screaming,

“Wake up Chloe,wake up ,today is Halloween!”

“I’m up .....” i groaned.Samuel was jumping on my bed.

“Time to make paper ghosts,Chloe .”

“Come on,come on!” Samuel whined.

“Coming,i just need 5 more minutes,then i will be ready...

How bout you get all of the supplies we need for the craft.”

“Okay see you soon.”

I got up and begun my daily 5 .

I was getting dressed in all black.cause i really wanted to be a cat for Halloween.but we made this rule to decide what we be for Halloween. 

This is the chart for Halloween that i made up,cause i love Halloween!its my favorite holiday! Here is the chart....

Samantha/2012 = bumble bees

Avery/2013=ghosts

Savanna/2014=witches 

Chloe/2015= ?

It’s 2014 now and savanna chose us to go as witches.

I guess it’s kinda cool.but I don’t like witches.savanna’s family is spooky,like dead people and grave yards,rip signs. 

But our family is pumpkins,cute ghosts,and black cats,and harvest themed lights.

See the difference.

I made my own cat costume.and i am wearing that untill it’s time to meet up at 5 o’clock.I finished getting dressed and slid down the stairs to the kitchen table.

“Okay Samuel are you ready?”

“Yep,cool cat costume Chloe!”

“Thanks Sam.”

We started to make the ghosts out of construction paper.

While we did that mom was making breakfast.

———

“We finished mom!” Samuel shouted to his mom from the kitchen table.

“Cool Sammy I can’t wait to see!”

“Let’s hang them up on the front porch,come on!” Said Chloe as she picked up her ghosts.Samuel got his things and they hung them on the front porch.

While they did that there mom cleared the table and set the table.

Samuel and Chloe entered the house,and there mom shouted,

“Wash your hands and come sit up for breakfast!”

“Okay!” Samuel and Chloe shouted back.

They washed there hands and sat up at the table.

“Cool,pumpkin pancakes!”

—————-

“Costume time !” Yelled Samuel.

“Be there in a minute honey!” Yelled there mom from upstairs.

“Be there soon !” Yelled Chloe from her room. She was figuring out the best route for Halloween.she been working on it for at least 45 minutes.

“It needs to be PERFECT!” Chloe rememberd savanna saying.

“She’s always bossy!she seems to think she’s the leader!” Chloe said to her friends a while back.

Chloe sighed.

“But if i leave savanna everyone else will leave me too,then i will not have any friends.i will be lonely....” chloe muttered.

“Some day i will have a talk with her.but today is-“

“Halloween!” Samuel finished as he bursted into her room.

“Come on it’s 5:00 o’clock,costume time!”

“Fine.I’m coming.”

And the two of them ran downstairs to get ready for Halloween.

—————-

“Bye mom love you!” Chloe said as she walked out of the house.

“Bye honey,and remember,home at 7 o’clock!”

“7 got it,bye!” 

Chloe walked of the front porch and skipped on to savanna’s house in her witch costume,with her pillow sack and her special route for trick-or-treating....

————-

Part 2 

“Ouch!” I had tripped on the curb.My hand hit the pavement so hard I felt like it had broke,but I knew everyone was waiting for me.”hi savanna.””oh hi-chloe.”savanna said like she absolutely dreaded me coming here. Oh and by the way savanna’s mom made her invite me.

————-

All right savanna has a mapped route for where and when to be at the houses, she also has thing brand new $150 watch she you can depend on her to tell the time, after all I had a specialist mark it to the  exact time so ya.”

“Everyone meet me here at 11:00 pm sharp.”

“Um Mrs. Evergreen my mom said I need to be home at seven.”

“Well that’s unfortunate honey  we are going till eleven.”

“I guess you will need to miss out on a good deal of trick-or-treating and watching twilight and for popcorn and for the sleepover.”

“In my mind I thought what sleepover and sweet lord who in the name Barney will watch twilight at the age of 12.”

“What time is it I asked politely?”

My mouth was so dry when I said that I felt like I could not speak like I was about to cry, maybe this was a test that was set up by my mom so when I got home she would take me back to Mrs. Evergreens hose so I could have the sleepover she was talking about. 

“Umm let’s see,savanna what time is it?” Mrs. Evergreen asked pridefully. 

“It’s 5:50 Mom.”

“Ok let the trick-or-treating begin!”

“All right let’s go!”said savanna. 

————-

The first house we hit was our math teachers house, she was very very very nice.

Then on the next house we ran into my mom I said hi, and told her about the movie and the sleepover and the popcorn, so she told me that we could do all of that but watch a age appropriate movie.

It was 6:50 when I said my goodbyes and headed to my house, on my way there I saw something that looked like... my map. I went to go grab it because my mom always says how bad it is to litter. 

I had got it but when I opened it it wasn’t what I thought it was it wasn’t my FAKE map it  looked real 

This wasn’t the end of a adventure it was just the start of a new one 

      To Be Continued........

Hey guys it’s Hannah here so Lizzie and me planed to get this out on Halloween but plans changes Ya hope you liked it

December 14, 2020 16:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

B. W.
22:41 Dec 16, 2020

this was a good story

Reply

16:39 Dec 17, 2020

Thanks...I wrote part 1 and Hannah finished it.

Reply

B. W.
16:52 Dec 17, 2020

Nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
02:42 Dec 15, 2020

Hi. You two start an account .This is a lovely story. Keep writing. Well written. Keep going. Amazing job on your first story you two write.

Reply

22:38 Dec 16, 2020

Aw,thank you so much

Reply

The Cold Ice
02:34 Dec 17, 2020

Welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
22:38 Dec 16, 2020

Aw,thank you so much

Reply

The Cold Ice
02:34 Dec 17, 2020

Welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.