3 comments

Holiday Lesbian Romance

It was the first night of Hannukah, and Rachel and Leah were getting ready to light the menorah. Rachel was a talented artist with long, curly hair and a warm smile. Leah was a software developer with short, stylish hair and a confident demeanor. Together, they made a dynamic and loving couple.

As they lit the first candle, they reminisced about the past year and all their challenges. They had both lost their jobs due to the pandemic, which had been a challenging and uncertain time for them. But they had leaned on each other for support and had managed to start their own business, a handmade jewelry store.

"It's been a tough year, but we've made it together," Leah said, taking Rachel's hand.

"I couldn't have done it without you," Rachel replied, looking at Leah with gratitude. "You've been my rock, partner, and best friend."

They felt a sense of accomplishment and pride as they lit the menorah and sat together on the couch. They had faced many challenges but became more assertive and closer than ever before.

After they finished lighting the candles, they enjoyed a quiet evening at home, playing board games and discussing their future plans. They talked about Rachel's dream of starting an art program for kids in their community, and Leah offered her support and encouragement.

As they settled in for the night, they felt grateful for each other and the many blessings in their lives. They knew that no matter the challenges, they would always have each other to lean on.

On the second night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah invited their friends over for a potluck dinner. Sarah, a close friend who was a nurse at the local hospital, brought her famous latkes. As they sat around the table, enjoying the delicious food and each other's company, Rachel and Leah exchanged gifts.

Sarah had knit them a beautiful blanket, which they both loved. Leah gave Rachel a handmade necklace, and Rachel gave Leah a hand-painted mug. They laughed and talked late into the night, grateful for their bond.

After dinner, they sat around the menorah and sang Hannukah songs. Rachel played the guitar while Leah sang with her beautiful voice. Their friends joined in, and they all had a great time celebrating.

As they sang, Rachel thought about how lucky she was to have such amazing friends and a supportive community. She knew that not everyone was as fortunate, and she felt grateful for all the love and acceptance she had found.

After singing, they sat around the table and played board games. They laughed and joked and had a great time together. As the night drew to a close, Rachel and Leah were grateful for the joy and happiness that their friends brought into their lives.

As they said goodnight to their guests and settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the many blessings in their lives. They had each other, a successful business, and their friends and community's love and support. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had everything they needed to face them together.

On the third night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah decided to take a break from the traditional celebrations and go ice skating at the local rink. Rachel had always been a natural on the ice, while Leah was a little more hesitant. But they both had a great time gliding across the ice, laughing and holding hands.

As they skated, Rachel told Leah about Rachel dream of starting an art program for kids in their community. Leah listened intently, offering her support and encouragement.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, Rachel," Leah said. "I think it would be a great way to give back to the community and help kids discover their creativity."

"I agree," Rachel replied. "I just need to figure out how to make it happen."

Leah assured Rachel they would work together to make her dream a reality. They skated a few more laps around the rink, enjoying the cold air on their faces and the feeling of freedom and joy that skating always brought them.

As they walked home, arm in arm, they talked about their plans for the future. They spoke of the art program Rachel wanted to start and how they could make it a success. They dreamed of traveling the world and seeing all the amazing sights it had to offer.

As they settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the many blessings in their lives. They had each other, a successful business, and their friends and community's support and encouragement. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had everything they needed to face them together.

On the fourth night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah spent a cozy evening at home, playing board games and enjoying each other's company. They cuddled up on the couch and watched their favorite movie, "The Miseducation of Cameron Post," a poignant and moving tale about a young lesbian struggling to find her place in the world.

As they watched the movie, Rachel and Leah were struck by how relevant and relatable it was, even though it had been released several years ago. They felt deeply connected to the main character, Cameron, and her struggles.

"It's amazing how much things have changed in the LGBTQ+ community, but there are still so many challenges and struggles," Leah said as they watched the credits roll.

"I agree," Rachel replied. "But it's inspiring to see how far we've come and to know that things will only get better with time."

As they finished the movie and settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the love and acceptance they had found in their own lives. They knew they were lucky to have each other and a supportive community, and they vowed to always stand up for those still fighting for their rights and their place in the world.

On the fifth night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah decided to volunteer at the local soup kitchen. They served meals to those in need and felt grateful for all they had. As they worked alongside fellow volunteers, they discussed their hopes for the future and their plans for the business.

Rachel told Leah about Rachel's dream of starting an art program for kids in their community, and Leah offered support and encouragement. They brainstormed ideas and discussed the various challenges they would need to overcome.

As they finished their shift and headed home, Rachel and Leah felt a sense of purpose and fulfillment. They knew they were making a difference in their community, which felt good.

As they settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the many blessings in their lives. They had each other, a successful business, and the opportunity to impact the world positively. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had everything they needed to face them together.

On the sixth night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah attended a party at their synagogue. They danced and sang with their community, feeling a strong sense of belonging. As they stood in the warm glow of the menorah, they felt grateful for the love and acceptance they had found in this special place.

As they mingled with their friends and sang Hannukah songs, Rachel and Leah were struck by their sense of community and belonging. They knew that not everyone was as fortunate, and they felt grateful for the support and acceptance they had received from their synagogue.

After the party was over, Rachel and Leah walked home arm in arm. They talked about their future plans and dream of starting an art program for kids in their community. Leah offered her support and encouragement, and they both agreed that it was something they wanted to pursue.

As they settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the many blessings in their lives. They had each other, a successful business, and their friends and community's love and support. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had everything they needed to face them together.

On the seventh night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah decided to hike in the nearby woods. The winter landscape was breathtaking, with the snow-covered trees sparkling in the sunlight. They marveled at the beauty of it all and felt grateful for their time together.

As they hiked, they talked about their future plans and dream of starting an art program for kids in their community. Rachel was excited about the idea and couldn't wait to get started. Leah offered her support and encouragement, and they both agreed that it was something they wanted to pursue.

As they finished their hike and headed home, Rachel and Leah felt a sense of accomplishment and purpose. They knew they were making a difference in their community, which felt good.

As they settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt grateful for the many blessings in their lives. They had each other, a successful business, and the opportunity to impact the world positively. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had everything they needed to face them together.

On the final night of Hannukah, Rachel and Leah lit the last candle on the menorah and reflected on all the blessings in their lives. They were grateful for each other, their friends, and their community. As they blew out the candles, they looked forward to another year filled with love and happiness.

As they sat on the couch, surrounded by the warmth of the menorah and the love of their community, Rachel and Leah knew they had everything they needed to face whatever the future held. They were strong, they were resilient, and they were in love. And that was all that mattered.

They talked about their future plans and dream of starting an art program for kids in their community. Rachel was excited about the idea and couldn't wait to get started. Leah offered her support and encouragement, and they both agreed that it was something they wanted to pursue.

As they settled in for the night, Rachel and Leah felt a sense of accomplishment and purpose. They knew they were making a difference in their community, which felt good.

As they drifted off to sleep, Rachel and Leah were grateful for all the blessings in their lives. They knew that no matter the challenges, they had each other and their friend's and community's love and support. They knew that together, they could face anything.

The end

December 23, 2022 20:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

17:03 Jan 05, 2023

This is everything I have ever wanted. A Hannukah lesbian love story. I disagree with Tara Leigh Parks, I don't think it needs conflict. My only concern is the repetitiveness; I would like to hear them have more discussions than just the one about the art program. Other than that, it is perfect and I intend to read it every year from now on.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tara Leigh Parks
22:29 Jan 04, 2023

Hello, Dilbert. This is a sweet story. It is obvious how much the characters care about each other. That is refreshing to read in a romantic story. However, I do think it needs some conflict. I suggest that you put in more conflict from an external source, one that forces them to put their connection into action in terms of achieving their dreams and protecting their community together. That could really enhance the beauty of their relationship because it would give them a more active way of showing their strong bond, and it would surprise t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wendy Kaminski
00:45 Jan 04, 2023

What a nice love story, Dilbert!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.