My story is entitled the young man James Brown who due to luck came across a large amount of money to the sum of one million dollars.

Written in response to: Write about somebody down on their luck who unexpectedly comes into a large amount of money.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the young man James Brown who due to luck came across a large amount of money to the sum of one million dollars.

Once upon a time,there lived a man called James Brown who due to some sort of luck came across a large amount of money to the sum of one million dollars.

Also James Brown and his three friends immediately came to the town in search of the gangsters where they set fire to the gangsters hut that happens to be their place of abode.

It was by then that the gangsters were running almost helter skelter in the town.

The inspector was definitely trying to catch one of them that happens to be the evil Agbos.

It was during this incident that they ultimately came across a large amount of money to the sum of one million dollars due to luck.

James Brown and his three friends were very surprised at that moment.

The gangsters got to their feet and then run quickly. James Brown also got up at once and immediately run quickly after the gangsters.

The chase was on again and James Brown left his gun and the gangsters unarmed.

It was then that I realized that the path was actually wider and they were soon on more level ground at the end of the valley.

James Brown then realized that the path was now wider ,they were soon on more level ground at the end of the valley.

Also James Brown could see almost far enough ahead to then make out the figure of the gangsters in the moonlight.

Again James Brown was actually running very quickly.

In addition a beam of light shot out along the track in front at the same moment Daniel then heard the sound of a car engine by then.

So this was what actually James Brown was making amends for entirely.

Also James Brown had then forgotten all about the One Eye but now he knew that he must have come straight down this path when he ran from the burning hut in the town and reached the gangsters hidden car.

James Brown also put all his strength into a final sprint and was rapidly overtaking James Brown.

The car was by then moving very fast.

With some sort of desperate effort , James Brown caught up with the car and then scrambled in the car.

Mr. Only was however close behind him, but just as he tried to grab the back of the car,James Brown threw something out ,Mr. Only then tripped over him and fell flat on the road.

Also getting to his knees, James Brown saw that the car was now moving so fast that he had no chance of overtaking it,so he threw the knife with all his force at the back wheel.

During some lucky chance the point of the knife pierced through the old worn out tyre.

The tyre then burst with a loud bang. The car also continued down the rough road by swaying dangerously.

He could possibly hear the two men in the car cursing and shouting at each other until they disappeared rounds bend on the road.

Also James Brown then looked to see what Wendy had thrown from the car and which had tripped him, which happens to be a bundle of clothing.

He then looked back along the path and then saw both Samuel and Wendy running towards towards .They also came up panting .

What has happened.? Where is he.?

He has got away. James Brown who luckily found one million dollars informed the Police about it.

The Police the àsked James Brown to keep the money.

Also James Brown had no other option but to put the money in a Savings Account and also an investment so that incase the owner returns he could possibly pay for the missing sum of money money with some good returns.

When getting to his knees he saw that the car was moving so fast that he had no chance of overtaking it. He then threw the knife with all his force at the back wheel.

Also through lucky chance the point of the knife then pierced through the old worn out tyre.

It then gave out a loud bang.

The car actually continued down the rough road and was by then swaying dangerously.

He then heard the two men in the car cursing and then shouting at each other ,until it disappeared round a bend in the road.

James Brown then looked down to see what Mr. Only had thrown from the car and which had tripped him.

It then seemed to be some sort of a bundle of clothing.

He then looked back along the path and actually saw Samuel and Wendy running towards him. They almost came out panting.

What has happened.? Where was he by then.?

He got away exactly. They almost had their car hidden here. The One Eye also managed to get here first ,he had the car started and James Brown got in as it was moving off. You can possibly hear the car listen.

They actually stood listening and soon heard a scream from the distance followed by a crash and the noises of some sort of breaking glass.

There was a silence of some sort.

They then ran on past the bend in the road, down a slight hill,until the track then joined a wide main road and crashed against a tree with the car.

Also lying beside it was a body. They ran exactly to it and it was James Brown but he was not dead. He was breathing but blood was flowing from a cut in his head and he groaned faintly.

Finally James Brown with the aid of the Police were able to catch the gangsters and they tied them up.

Lastly James kept the one million dollars in a Savings Account and some investment so that he could pay the owners back in full returns.

August 19, 2022 06:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.