5 comments

Romance

Cassy was from the Kampire family and in her family, there was a long known family tradition which was that whenever a girl from the family wanted to get married, she would have to spend the night before her wedding day in her parents' home as it would be marked as the very last time she stayed there as a single lady. Ms. Cassy Kampire was going to get married to Dr. Peace Paul Akani. She was the only daughter of her parents', Mr. Jonathan Kampire and Mrs. Cathy Kampire. She had one brother who was Jessy Kampire and she was older than him. Her whole family was happy for her having found love after completing her education. Cassy was a professional air hostess and she was working at Entebbe International Airport which was the best airport in her country. Cassy was proud of her job and her choice of marriage too.

❤️

It was one week to her wedding day and Cassy was concluding with the organization and shopping for her wedding day. She would call her fiancé, Dr. Peace Paul to check on him and how far he had gone with the preparations for the wedding and he told her that he concluding too. Then came the night before the wedding day and everyone at home in the nuclear family expected Cassy to spend the night at her parents' home. The extended family expected the same from her. Cassy knew very well what was expected of her and that it was a long family tradition which no one had ever broken. However, Cassy decided to go with the modern times.

Most brides in the year 2019 we're spending the night before their wedding day in a hotel together with their maid of honor and their other bridesmaids. So Cassy chose to do the same. Their hotel of choice was Protea hotel Kampala.

❤️

Back at home, Cassy's parents were receiving multiple phone calls from different relatives who were wishing Cassy well and telling her parents to enjoy their last night with her as a single lady. Cassy's parents then explained to these relatives that Cassy had chosen to take a modern twist and do what most brides were doing which was to stay in a hotel on the night before the wedding day. Most of the relatives were disappointed because no one had ever broken the legacy and they hoped no one ever would. Though some relatives were actually happy for her because they looked at it as a way of Cassy owning her life and leaving a unique legacy behind. No one was allowed to call the bride on the night before her wedding day and on the wedding day itself, those too were family traditions.

❤️

Then came the wedding day, the ladies dressed up and the gentlemen dressed up too. Dr. Peace Paul had his groomsmen who were equal to the number of bridesmaids so that they could match up. There were four groomsmen and four bridesmaids plus a best man and a maid of honor. The occasion happened and it was a beautiful occasion, from the church, to the photo booth, to the reception and finally to the after party. The theme colors of their wedding day were silver and light pink. The bridesmaids wore light pink dresses and silver heels. The bride was stunning in an off shoulder white gown and all the groomsmen on the entourage were in black tuxedos, except the groom had a silver metallic expensive flower on his breast pocket. During her wedding speech, Cassy apologized to her relatives. She said she was very aware of the family tradition but she really fancied the modern way of doing things and so she had to go with it. She also said that perhaps it is good that she started her own legacy. Some relatives let go but others who were so conservative couldn't let go but it's not like they could do anything to her, she was an adult of 28 years and even her parents had let go of the issue. After all, she would still visit her parents from time to time. Cassy's family was wealthy and they stayed in Munyonyo.

❤️

Then came the honeymoon and Dr. Peace Paul had visas for himself and his wife Cassy to go to South Africa 🇿🇦.

The couple was originally supposed to go to the United States of America for their honeymoon. Dr. Peace consoled his wife about the whole issue of her relatives judging her for spending the night before their wedding day in a hotel. He said that people eventually have to let go of the old cultures and embrace the new ones. While at South Africa, they visited various gameparks, they went shopping for clothes and souvenirs and they went to visit an uncle of Dr. Peace Paul who stayed with his family in South Africa. The couple was staying at a hotel and they spent two weeks in South Africa in total. They then returned to Uganda and by that time, Ms. Cassy was already pregnant.

❤️

It was only Cassy and her husband who knew about her pregnancy. Cassy had confirmed the pregnancy by using a pregnancy test. Plus all the morning sickness and body changes was a clear sign of her pregnancy. They were a happy couple although they did not know the gender of the child because the pregnancy was still young. Dr. Peace Paul had built a house for his family in Kololo and on return to Uganda, they moved into the house. It had new furniture, white tiles, a large compound and a mini garden with fresh vegetables and fruits. It was a beautiful home. The couple then organized to go and meet up with both Cassy's parents and Dr. Peace's parents to announce to them that they are expecting a child. First, they visited Cassy's parents in Munyonyo and they told them the good news. Cassy's parents were so happy. Dr. Peace's parents were visited two days later and they were happy too that they were going to have a grandchild.

❤️

The news then spread quickly through the extended family and everyone was so happy for the couple. The couple had planned that if it was a boy, he would be named Calvin Akani and if it was a girl, she would be named Chrissy Akani. A few months later, Cassy's gynaecologist told her the gender of the child she was expecting and it was a baby girl. The couple then held a party to announce the gender of the baby to family and friends. So many people attended the party and it was such a colorful party. Everyone brought with them presents for the gender they suspected. Then the couple popped the balloons and they had pink filling which meant that they were expecting a baby girl. The couple received their presents and lived happily ever after. Cassy made her legacy.

#Merinastories.📸

September 01, 2020 13:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Linda Atulinda
07:43 Oct 30, 2020

This is a beautiful writing Merina😍💞👏👏

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:45 Sep 25, 2020

Hey, Merina would you be kind to watch the first video it's on Harry potter. https://youtu.be/KxfnREWgN14 Sorry for asking your time, This my first time to edit video

Reply

Show 0 replies
B Easton
17:06 Sep 11, 2020

Hi, so this was a fun story. I thought you did a good job chronicling the events and thought you did a good job communicating the thoughts without dialogue. The only downside I saw was that there were a few sentences that felt unnecessary but all in all still a good story!

Reply

19:31 Sep 11, 2020

Oh thanks for criticing. I appreciate your reply and I will use it to better my next story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:28 Sep 01, 2020

Theme: romance

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.