My story is entitled Joshua Jackson entered a taxi and said "Follow that car to the train station there is a thief in the Railway Carriage."

Written in response to: Start your story with someone entering a taxi and saying ‘follow that car.’... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Joshua Jackson entered a taxi and said "Follow that car to the train station there is a thief in the Railway Carriage."


Once upon a time,both Wendy and the man in the blue hat were alone in the Railway Carriage ,that was the train. Wendy was not pleased at that moment when they were alone.

This strange man who behaves like a thief of some sort also gives away sweets and tells all sort of foolish stories.

Also the strange man is noted to have been a man of good company but a criminal of some sort and a very wicked man.


Also as soon as the train had ultimately started again he went into the washroom at the end of the carriage or train.

Again he took the little bag out of his pocket then counted the money in order to make sure that it was equal and the exact amount as noted earlier on.

As mentioned earlier on it was still there but he did not know how to make it safer at all times.


However at last he then put a pin through the notes and bag and fixed it inside his coat.

Again nothing can happen to it exactly. Wendy thought that he went back into the Railway Carriage.

Mr. Ebenezer Johnson was asleep in a corner of the Railway carriage.


Wendy was then glad that he didn't have to talk to him for he liked looking out of the window,trees, fields and other houses.

Mr. Ebenezer Johnson went on sleeping making a little noise as he did.

Wendy then watched him. Wendy then asked Why did Mr. Johnson always keeps his blue hat on.? The young man was noted to have a long face with ears that were very thin and actually stood out away from his head as noted.


I then realised that suddenly Wendy jumped with surprise. The man had almost fallen asleep by then.

Again as though the train stopped several times ,no one came in .

Wendy kicked his foot to keep himself awake as he often did at school during Biology lessons.

This awaken the man in the Railway Carriage and helped him not to fall asleep in the train

The young man who happens to be the suspected criminal was very jovial.


However this helped him. Wendy wondered what her cousin Helen almost looked like at that time.

In addition he had not seen her since she came to New York two years before and couldn't actually remember her face in the crowd.

Also he nearly fell off his seat ,Had he been asleep.?

Again he kicked his foot again. He then tried counting the flies on the window.

He counted them up and down and then he counted them again.

There were about twenty-nine flies then it reduced in number to twenty five.

Wendy then fell back wondering why this was actually so at that moment.

As he wondered he fell asleep.

Again when Joshua Jackson the Detective got to the train station to arrest the criminal and his accomplice the train had almost moved.


Also when Wendy awoke, the train was just beginning to move to it's destination in town.

It can then be noted that Wendy actually followed the car to the train station and he realised that the thief was an accomplice in a crime scene for stealing other people belongings.

The young man had fallen from his seat in his sleep and then he found himself almost lying on the floor of the carriage or train.

The young man was really unconscious in the train as if he had fainted whilst in the train.

Again he almost had a bad dream in which he thought that the Policeman from New York was by then running after him.

Slowly he began to remember that he was going to the city. The young man might have fallen asleep like the gentleman in the blue hat.

Wendy sat up quickly next to the man and then she rubbed her eyes and said Why, Has he gone.!"

His knees were almost shaking and he was really shocked.


The young man got up from the floor and then brush his dusty coat with his hands,after he washed his hands in the wash room.

Also he put his right hand into his pocket and then realized the young man and the thief had gone together with the bag full of money and also including his pocket money.

At that moment he was very worried because he did not have enough money to fend for himself and his family.

Also since his pocket money was taken he had less money for transportation ,this means no money to board a vehicle.

The thief in the Railway Carriage might have stolen the money in the young man's pocket together with the bag full of money by the help of his accomplice who followed the train with a car.

The theft case was a planned thing in order to steal money from the young man in the train because he carried with him huge sums of money.

Joshua Jackson the Detective also carried out his own investigation to find out the hideout of these criminals and thieves in order to arrest them.


One Friday morning,which happens to be a day that we show love,Joshua Jackson the Detective got to know that the thieves and the other criminals were hiding in town , so he went with the Police Patrol to arrest the young man and his accomplice.

They arrested the thief and the other criminals and then kept them in prison for stealing money.

Also the thief and his accomplice were taken to court for the Judge to then judge them.

The Police men and the young men took the thieves and other criminals to court ,they filed a lawsuit against them due to the fact that they were guilty of all offences.

At the court ,the Judge mentioned that the the thieves and other accomplices were guilty of the offences.

The Judge also mentioned that since they pleaded guilty of the offences he was going to sentence them to two years in prison with hard labour for stealing huge sum of money from the young man.


January 24, 2023 06:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.