the call of the death

Submitted into Contest #103 in response to: Write about a character looking for a sign.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery Fantasy Fiction

That Night dinner had just finished..it was ten o'clock. Suddenly, I had a running hiccup. The hiccup was very long. The hiccup did not stop. It did not stop even after drinking a lot of water. First thought it was due to the acidity problem, So I drink soda into the water glass, but in vain. I mixed ENO powder, mixed in water and drunk, but it was still in vain ... Then till the last, I moved here and there……. But what. The wife was saying..someone must be remembering ... so I took the names of everyone in the house..but in vain.

At that moment, the mobile phone rings ... Whose phone is ringing on such a long night ... Mhanun's mind became numb.

Hiccups, it was not stopping even remember the dared name, now. The wife picks up the phone. Hello .. Who…. At that moment, the wife's face was curled with a serious expression. There was no reaction on her face… ..Only…….As soon as she heard the news, her word stuck in her mouth.. she could be talking, The news was like that. She turned her weakened face and said in a sad tone ......Baba has gone…… She started crying after saying that. I didn't know anything. I was standing still in one place. I didn't know anything. There was a tingling sensation in my body like an electric shock. My ears became numb when I heard the news of "Father is gone". I could not feel any touch. Maybe I could not bear this accident. I was just remembering my father. When I came back from work in the afternoon, he asked for coconut water and I brought it.   It was late in the evening. My father was looking at me alone. But it was too late for me. Then left for home. I could not recognize him with that look. Even though I knew, my father was alive. I was about to leave, but I was not going to leave. I knew where that last visit of my father would be.

This incident had upset my balance. The hiccups I had had now disappeared. Was that hiccup a bell? .. that message… .dododododon't know. Father's last message….I am leaving this world...

  After a while, I come to my senses. I was ready to go to JJ. It was about to start. I was very annoyed. Now .. and …….I remembered in mind take the name of my father. I didn't understand what was happening in this amazing place. I fill the clothes in the office bag she found a  condom packet  .. .She doesn't say anything...It's been a long time since we've met in bed. But it turns out to be impossible now. Even today, I didn't feel special because of the thought that I would have to stay away from my wife. I had no idea what was going on. I was lying. My father's departure. Am I intoxicated? I don't know if I have been given a numbing injection. I don't know., didn't have any expression on his face. I didn't have any desire left. I couldn't even recover.

At that moment, my wife was ready. I put this T-shirt and pants on my back, but the hunchback on my back, and locked the house. It was late at night. As he was coming, a scene was coming in front of his eyes. As the train was approaching, he was feeling like a father. When he came to the village, he would have worn the same, long safari the clothes, the trunk of his hand, the extended beard, I  was remembering. I was looking at father for a few moments when I reached home. I was remembering the same beard. But that curly hair was now white. The same beard and the same anatomy had not changed. I was looking at it alone...

There was a rumour going around. Some people were saying that the food was stuck in the throat and the breath was choked. The last breath was high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. I used to think. The old man says, 'The person who remembers you, when he is far away, he becomes a hiccup and turns his back. Then when he takes his name, he leaves, that hiccup was for me. At ten o'clock in the night, my father passed away and I was shocked at the same time. It's not a coincidence!

When a person dies, his life is lingering.

When I reached home, I saw a body wrapped in a white cloth. false short gimmick tear open-minded percolation, as they had tears even smoother and unique loving are devout sacrifice family for work certificate indicating that the person, society,

and I Usually I didn't cry but I cried a lot when I saw my father for the work he did for the society, for us; but today for the first time tears were shed. When Baap came to live here, no one was together. No, no get together, get agitated, and get associated.

Looking at my father's face, I remember the same garbage bin, Chandanwadi Chowki, served there for thirty-five years. The corpse was going to the same Chandan Wadi in the same direction today.

Asa once said, "I will die in this room." But it was going to be true today.

Within minutes, I spoke to the mother sighed in the middle of the face, mouth Spitter forget what I'm aware of that,

"  Speak, speak, don’t cry stuck word mouth, mother said.

I was aware of his own not forget one Infinity immortal world Slowly, the blink of an eye was getting less and less. There was a dimness in my eyes. The flood of tears chipped on it was taking me to a different world. An excitement, an impulse of the mind; Tears should come from the eyes and the sound of crying should come from the mouth, so the mind becomes light.

But I was in a different world. I was not saying anything. There were no tears in my eyes and no reaction from the mouth. There was a suspicion that the people around me might have a toothache. So. It felt like that. But more than what happened outside, my attention was focused on my father's pillow. Agarbatti and candles were burning in it. From time to time, a bottle of rose water was sprinkled on the body. Somebody was pressing the incense sticks bunch in the cup of rice and staring at the burning candle, saying, "Life is mortal". The fragrance was spreading in the atmosphere. Slowly my whole attention was fading in the memory of my father.

In the morning, the corpse was taken to the same place where my father's life was spent in the garbage bin. Near  BMC garbage bin, a dead dog, a rotten dog, was lying dead, the roadside beside the same bin. And tooth even will continue to shine like the after the end of life. Continuous In

that electric combustion machine, the body was going to leap into the flames of fire forever. Finally, the body was placed on that hot stretcher. Coming ... in an instant, the body turns to ashes. The hiccup that came to me with that memory had now disappeared. Whenever I need that hiccup, I will always remember my father's work.

                     :

July 21, 2021 06:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.