2 comments

Fiction Teens & Young Adult Romance

"Ky! Come downstairs, Lia is here." My mom said.

I ran when I heard that  Lia is here. I actually tripped on one of the basket causing me to fall down the stairs.

"Lia! I'm here!" I said and struggling to stand up.

"What happened?" She asked while laughing at me.

"Just help me. Oh gosh!" I said and still trying to get up.

"Just a second! And..... There you go." She said and helped me.

"So how's your school?" I asked.

"Fine. But not as great as the old school with you." She said while we walk towards the kitchen.

"You'll get use to it." I replied. "Good morning mom!" I greeted to my mom.

"Good morning Sweetie! And to you too Lia." She said and kissed us on the cheeks.

"I want to ask for permission for the upcoming festival at Toronto. If you would let Kyle to go with me." Lia said and waiting for my mom's response.

"Ohh 1 hour drive but sure as long as there's no hooking up with boys." Mom said.

"Mom! Oh gosh why do you have to say that." I replied and cringing to what my mom said.

"I heard the festival is tomorrow. Now Kyle packed your stuffs so you can go tonight." She suggested.

I went back to my room and grab my bag. Lia is also helping me find clothes to wear.

"Really? A t-shirts and jeans? That's all you have?" She asked in frustration.

"You know I never wear girly stuffs!" I replied and gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Yes! Typical Kyle! I guess you packed a lot so that's great. Now I need to go home or just tell the driver to bring my stuffs and we can leave using your car." She said but I just nodded then looked outside to look at the sunset again.

"You do love sunset! What makes you think sunset is special?" She asked again.

"I've explained that to you for like a hundred times. Sunset is special because it symbolize that the day is done and means I did great everyday." I explained to her AGAIN.

"Now I'm still wondering why I became your friend at nursery." She said and jumped on my bed.

"Me too. I can't believe you listened to all my weird stories about sun, moon and stars." I replied and chuckled.

"Before, I like your stories, I mean don't get it wrong. I still like you stories especially about zodiac sign compatibilities." She said and a car stopped.

"Who's that boy?" I asked and pointed at the boy who get out of the blue car.

"Really? You asked me knowing I'm not living here." She said and went beside me while we both looked at the boy.

"Nevermind." I said then looked back at the sun.

"Hey! You! The boy from the blue car!" Lia yelled so the boy looked at us and I just glared at her then she smiled.

"My friend right here is interested!" She yelled but I acted normal cause I don't really like the boy.

"She's pretty and I liked her style." The boy said to me and I just ignored him.

"Umm. KY! I'm trying to get you a husband!" Lia pulled me and looked at my eye seriously.

"You know that I don't need a husband! I have --"

"Cause you have me? Your mom? Your passion? The star, the moon and the sun? It's not forever there!" Lia said.

"It's not forever I know! But why would I need a man? I'm not like you who always priority men!" I replied.

"Well yes that's me! But you accepted me!" She said and nudge me.

"That's definitely true. So don't you force me to love someone I don't." I said.

"Okay fine it's your life and your choice! I just want someone to treat you like we treated you." She said.

Lia's driver came up and dropped her things at the doorstep. Before we go on a trip, mom cooked dinner and prepared snacks for our trip.

"How's the food, Lia?" Mom asked to Lia but she was not on herself.

"Hey, Lia? Mom is asking you." I said then it make her back to reality.

"Oh my bad. I'm sorry, what was the question again?" She said.

"How's the food?" Mom repeated her question.

"It's good as always, it's like my mom's homemade foods." She replied.

"Your mom and I are close,even our cooking skills are same because she used to share her secret ingredients." Mom replied and smiled then looked at one of the picture hang on the wall.

"She's beautiful as ever. I wonder where is she right now." She said.

"I think she's happy for you." I said and pat her shoulders.

We put our things on the trunk including tires, tools and oils and make sure everything was good.

"Bye mom! Call me if there's problem!" I said as the car is driving forward. I saw her waved her hands.

"Now don't put your head outside! It might bump to other cars." She said and I sat properly.

"I put a playlist for you to listen. I send the link to you." She said while looking straight at the road.

It is a night trip so it's difficult to drive because the road is dark.

"You can tell me if you want to exchange and sleep." I said.

"I'll tell you if I'm tired." She replied still without looking at me.

I listened to the playlist that she made, it's all my favorite songs and current songs that stuck in my head. I looked at the dark sky, I saw an imaged of a man. I gasped and it made Lia looked at where I am looking.

"Seeing image again?" She asked and looking straight again.

"Yes. The same image I saw last month." I said.

"I mean I haven't saw the man's image at stars. It's only you that can see it. Maybe the man is your future h----"

"Here we go again with that husband topic." I interrupt her.

"Well maybe like a soulmate, or I should call a starmate?" She said and chuckled.

I guess shrugged and looking back at the stars. I feel sleepy so I closed my eyes and the next thing I know is Lia's voice waking me up.

"Thank God you're awake." She said and dragged me with her in a nice hotel.

"So we're at Toronto now?" I asked.

"Obviously. Continue your sleep at the room." She said and walked away.

I immediately get out of the car and followed her lead. When we entered the elevator, there was a little girl with her mom telling about how she feels when looking at the stars, but her mom didn't even bother to listen.

"What do you think when you look at the stars?" I asked and lower myself so we can talked properly.

"Stars are like people, if you just look at them through human eyes there all the same but if you look through a telescope or come nearest to it you can see they have differences like every human beings." She explained and giggled.

"That's clever. You must really like stars." I replied and pinching her cheeks.

"Yes. Stars are interesting topic and a great view." She replied with a giggles.

As we reached the floor where we are going. The little girl waved goodbye and smiled at me.

"If you have a daughter, it's like the little girl from the elevator." Lia said.

"We have same humor. It's kinda cute tho." I replied and ran towards the bed as Lia turned on the TV.

"Sleepyhead! Well get some rest we have plans for tomorrow!" She said and jumped at the other bed.

I saw the schedule for tomorrow's festival.

Music Concert/ performance

Food trips

Cultural dance

Arts

Party!!

"I shouldn't come here with her." I whispered and continue my sleep.

I woke up because the light from the sun shine directly at my eyes. I went to the bathroom and wear the t-shirt that Lia bought and paired with my jeans then whiter shoes.

"It's actually 1 pm!!  And the Cultural dance is about to happen." She said.

"Here I come." I said and used the stair because why not?

As I reached the ground floor, I directly went to the car and wait for Lia. It takes minute before Lia arrived and I drove fast to where the event will happen and we arrived at exact time the cultural dance will happen.

"We made it." Lia said and I gave her a high five.

The cultural dance is amazing, I really enjoyed it. Although it takes 2 hours to finish.

We decided to go to eat and we found a perfect place to eat but I remember I want to watched the music performances.

As we were listening to the band, Lia suddenly yelled and told the band that I wanted to sing.

"Do you know the song fresh eyes?" They asked.

"Y-yes." I said nervous as one of the member said I need to go to the stage.

As the band started to play, I looked at Lia while she's cheering me.

"Ky! You can do it!" She said.

I suddenly looked at a boy from the crowd. As I looked at his eyes, I can see the image that I saw at the stars last night.

As the song ends, I ran to Lia. But I couldn't find her anywhere.

"Lia!!!" I yelled from the crowd. But I got no response from her voice.

I got off the crowd but still couldn't find Lia. I feel like I couldn't breathe. When a guy comes up and brought me at a chill part of the place.

"Are you ok now? Drink this it will help you." He offered me a water.

But I don't want to drink it cause I don't know him. I ran back to where we parked the car but I saw it's still there. I checked my phone but it shut down. I went back at the crowd and yelling Lia's name. The sun is about to go down but I still couldn't find her.

I sat at the corner while crying because of frustration. I never been lost to any event. So it's like the panic and the frustration combine that's why I can't think of what to do and just wanted to cry when all of a sudden I heard a man sat beside me and said something

"Hey. You're the one who sang at the stage right?" He asked. I looked at him and it's him... The boy from the crowd and same image from the stars.

"I heard you yelling a name Lia." He said and it makes me turned back to reality.

"I'm lost.." I said still crying.

"I saw her at the parking lot. Waiting for you, now let's go." He said and assisting me.

As we got to the parking lot, Lia is there looking worried. I looked at the guy and thanked him.

"I should go, thank you again." I said and was about to walked away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.

"You do look like her. Can I hugged you for 5 minutes?" He said.

"Umm.. okay." I said and I can feel myself being shocked for what he did.

The 5 minutes hugged ended and he smiled at me.

"You have the same eyes like my girlfriend." He said and let go of me.

I ran to Lia and she hugged me tightly to the point that I'm getting hard to breath..

But one thing is inside of my mind right. Because of his eyes I got lost and got saved by him.

May 11, 2021 16:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Leila Jenkins
18:16 May 17, 2021

What an interesting trip they had, and a happy ending. I also enjoyed that the romance side doesn't happen till the end because it allowed the story to develop and be centered around friendship, and the festival. If I could give you some critiques I would say, have some friends/family read it over to point out all of the grammar issues and help fix them.

Reply

06:44 May 23, 2021

Thank you for reading my story. I also appreciate your suggestion.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.