6 comments

General

Dear Diary,

Hi! I'm Amberly, and Mama just bought you from the store. I can't wait to write in you every day. Tomorrow is the first day of second grade, and I'm super excited. I'm in the same class as my best friend, Rose. Our teacher is Mrs. Laila. Everyone says she is very nice. Well, I'm going to sleep.

Nighty night,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

The first day of fourth grade was so amazing! Rose baked the whole class delicious strawberry cupcakes, and our new teacher, Ms. Eastland, bought these pretty gel pens for the whole class! And guess what, I saw Ryan and Alyssa holding hands today at lunch! Crazy, right? I need to go eat dinner now, bye!

See ya,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

Wow, it has been a while! Elementary school went by in a blur. I can't believe the summer after the fifth grade is over. Tomorrow is the first day of middle school! To tell you the truth, I'm quite nervous. Boys. Grades. Popularity. I wish I could go back to third grade again, when life was all black and white and easy to understand. My best friend, Rose, isn't in any of my classes. I'm scared I'll be alone. Wish me luck!

Love,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

I haven't written in you for ages. Middle school was dreadful, like living hell. Rose left me. She was my most dependable friend until she met that damn Jessica. They told me I wasn't 'cool' enough to be in their group. I even flunked 7th and 8th grade. Everyone got boyfriends, while I was the only single one. The loser. During summer break, all I did was sit at home. I had no friends and no expectations in life. Dad was barely home and Mom was busy taking care of my other three sisters. It feels like my once magnificent world is toppling over, crumbling into irreplaceable pieces. To add on to all that, tomorrow's the first day of high school. It's probably gonna be worse than middle school. No, it will be worse than middle school. A tiny part of me hopes that things will get better, but I know it won't and that I’m just lying to myself. I just wish I could escape from this horrible reality forever.

Later,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

I'm doing okay. Okay. The only word to describe my life right now. Barely passing 11th grade with C's and D's. Tomorrow is prom and Hunter asked me to go with him. I scarcely even know him. I don't know why I complied. I'm doubting everything in my life. Mom is pushing me to go to search for colleges. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to even get into one with my GPA. I'm trying to stay okay, but I keep feeling miserable. I failed my SAT's. What am I going to do in my life? I still haven't gotten any new friends. Dad is gone. Vanished into thin air. I'm wearing Mom's old prom dress tomorrow. We don't have enough money to buy a new one. I know I will be ridiculed because of it. Everyone hates me and I hate myself too.

-Amberly


Dear Diary,

I can't believe I still have this! I found it at an excellent time. Tomorrow's a significant day. The dress is big and promises will be kept. I'm getting married to the love of my life, Hunter. I met him in 11th grade and never imagined that we would get this far together. Anyway, I’m a director at CWE studios. Drama was the only thing that fit me, so I decided to organize it. I'm feeling falter about tomorrow. It may be the brightest day of my life, but I'm still doubtful. What if Hunter isn't the one? My mind is swirling through different scenarios. I need to be committed. Hallelujah!

Hugs,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

She's gone. I can't even think straight. As soon as my mind drifts over to her, my body is racked with sobs all over again. Hunter's been so caring. He does all our chores and makes the meals. I'm happy that Mom finally reached heaven, where she can relax, but I'm still selfish. I miss her. A lot. I wish she was still here, helping everyone. It's as if a part of me is missing. Tomorrow is her funeral. I’m once again, doubting if I should go. Mom would always take care of me and love me no matter what. I guess now it was my turn to do that for her. Wherever you may be...I love you, Mom.

Dearest,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

She's here! The most heavenly soul in the world. As I sit in the hospital writing this, I have realized how time flies. It's as if only yesterday I married Hunter. Now we have a baby girl. Amber, who is named after me. There are still tears in my eyes. I haven't seen her yet, but I know she will be lovely. Tomorrow Hunter and I will get to see her. I'm apprehensive for no reason! I guess it just runs in the family. Speaking of family, I miss Mom a lot. I wish she was here to see little Amber. I hope she is watching this from the heavens. I have realized that my life isn't the best, but I feel like it's becoming remarkable. I pray to God that it'll stay this way.

Prayers,

Amberly


Dear Diary,

I have no words. None at all to describe this feeling. Happiness? No that's not right. I'm beyond happy. This diary holds some of the most precious moments in my life. Thirty years later...here I am. Sitting in an elderly shelter. Watching the wind forcing the trees to dance. Coming this far, I am proud to say that I did it. I survived. Through times of high and low. When Mom passed away. When Hunter reached heaven. My one and only Amber moved to England. I am alone, but I don't feel. I should be sad, but I'm not. I can't explain my feelings these days. I must say, I have found peace. Well, we never really know what tomorrow may bring.

Goodbye,

Amberly



April 10, 2020 18:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Annabelle Yang
21:56 Nov 14, 2020

hi this had no comments so i just wanted to break the silence anyways good job !

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
21:56 Nov 14, 2020

Haha, thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
04:39 Feb 19, 2021

Hey, this story was adorable! Good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies

So sweet... from being a little kid to being an old lady. I love your writing!

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
18:48 Dec 29, 2020

Omg! Thank you so much, Jade!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.