The child prodigy's secret

Submitted into Contest #26 in response to: Write about a character who was considered a prodigy when they were young.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Everyday ever since I felt it. And although no one talks to me, I can feel it. I can see it but no words. And I passed every grade ever so fast but it felt like an eternity It was the days that I had felt the wind bristle but yet no sounds nor noises it was as though it was an abandoned town but it was full of people. People with light and hope but as the days had passed I knew there was nothing left.


I'm a kid who go to school everyday just like any other child. I eat food just like any other child. But unlike any other kid I have a secret that no one must know. You will know this secret soon after this story with all the clues I give you.


I went to school but I never study and when the tests come by I can feel the answers like a feather tickling in my throat. I can feel it all but can't describe nor see it. I can feel the wind and the sadness but I have never spoken a word about it. Whenever I try to describe it, I can't.


That is the loneliness of a prodigy. the loneliness that no one can ever feel. A child prodigy can't ever explain but can only feel. Nobody can understand but then there it was. standing right infront of me the first that I have ever seen. As I went closer I could see it. But it soon then disappeared as if it was only a flash. Then I felt it. The wind bristled more and more until everything was it. Nobody could ever even start to imagine what a child prodigy goes through but yet ever so slightly there was a sound. It broke the barrier and into the child's heart. And then noises, and more. Then sight began but then the thing. A feeling of desire but as though he lived with it all his life he would not let go. The fear of a prodigy shall live on and until it will fly trough it will be the greatest of all. Then there it was right there standing his mother. And his father next to each other as though they have been there forever but within seconds they were gone.




January 29, 2020 01:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.