0 comments

Coming of Age Adventure

"Eliana open the door." I open the door to see my friend who is a princess like me but she wasn't planning on escaping this life I called hell. It wasn't easy to wear dresses that weighed a ton just for the pictures plus a tiara over my head which always gets stuck in my hair. I see Bianca getting ready for the ceremony. How fun was it going to be to stand on the stage and smile at people which I don't even know off.

"Eliana you are going to be late for the ceremony and I don't want your Mum yelling at us." I sigh and I grab my dress which was red and knee high plus had black glitter on the bottom of the dress. I hated every part of it where the cameras would shine right in front of my eyes and how I would have to smile like I am enjoying life. "Eliana you zoned out for a sec" I fake smile at Bianca and wear the dress and put on dark makeup to suit the dress. But I was 18 and I hated how these ceremonies always got the best of me and restricted me. The whole media would turn up to our doorsteps in a few minutes. "Bianca we gotta go come on." I drag Bianca as if I'm being enthusiastic about the ceremony but really I am just wishing when it would end but my whole family apart from my Mum was in Washington, DC and trust me they were having the time of their lives but with media watching their every move.

10 minutes later

Bianca opens the door and I see a whole ton of media out of our door and my bodyguard is waiting by the car door and I see him trying to get me into the car alongside my friend but the media is right in our face. I try so hard to ignore the lights blinding me and I put my hand in front of me and walk pass while dragging Bianca who loves the attention.

"Princess Eliana, your mother has asked me to drop you off at the back of the ceremony gates." I look up at my bodyguard and I quickly sit inside the car and lock the door so the media can't open the door and ask me questions. The questions were always the same like "Where are you going?, why is the rest of your family in Washington, DC while you and your Mum are here." I hated the questions since I would have to plaster a smile on my face and by the time the photos and questions ended, I would come home and drop to the floor. I would stare up at the ceiling and just wonder what it would like to have a normal life. Be able to go outside without having the media in my face all the time and not be restricted to stuff and attend ceremonies of royal gatherings.

Royalty was great but you see ever since I was born, the media has always been found of me and they have watched my every move and sometimes I feel so trapped and enclosed in a space unable to breathe when the mics are shoved right in front of my personal space.

20 minutes later

"Please welcome Princess Eliana for becoming the new Queen." The announcer said and I sighed and went to the stage but I could feel their eyes drilling into the back of my head, my family somehow flew all the way from Washington, DC to see me become Queen. I feel a huge weight on my shoulders and I can hear the whispers and it is as if I can sense the rolling eyes from those who hated me for all the attention. Like please I would do anything to not be in the spotlight. Like now I would do anything not to go up that stage and get a Crown placed on top of my head saying I'm no longer a teen but an adult with responsibility. I make way to the steps and I slowly go up on stage and I ask for a mic.

"Here you go" the announcer says and I take the mic but my hands shake with what I'm about to do next. I always thought of what I was going to do when this day would come, the day I would turn into a Queen. "Hello" I speak into the mic and I see behind me that a big screen showing me on stage is staring right back at me, I gulp before continuing "I thank you all for coming here, so do I thank my family for being here in this special occasion." My hands shake a little and go numb and my throat goes dry and I'm clutching the mic so tight that it feels like I'm going to get bruises on my hands. "I wanted to say I want Princess Bianca to be Queen of my kingdom." I hear everyone gasping and I see the announcer and my whole family disappointing in my actions. "So Princess Bianca would you like to be Queen as Princess Eliana has refused the opportunity." Bianca joyfully makes way to the stage and quickly puts the Crown on her hair and I smile at her and we both walked down the stairs into our seats.

30 minutes later

"What the heck were you thinking Eliana, missing out an opportunity like that to be Queen and giving it to your best friend Bianca." My Mum was yelling at me in the kitchen but I wasn't paying attention since I was thinking of which one I should choose between family and freedom. But I chose to go with freedom and I let her yell at me and I let her lecture me while my Dad and my younger brother were calming my Mum down after she finished. "I only want freedom Mum." I yell right back at my Mum and she sighs before saying "Choose between family or freedom". I am shocked with what she says since they both are valuable to me but I sacrifice my family for freedom.

2 hours later

I leave the house after saying goodbye and head to an apartment to start a new life.

April 09, 2021 07:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.