0 comments

Sad Teens & Young Adult Inspirational

 A room for children full of colors. Teddy bears on the bed, lots of them. Cozy reading corner just next to the half open window. Window sees the green yard, most probably sees the best family man who is picking fruits from the garden. Pink and red all juicy strawberries. Smell of kindest family woman’s strawberry pie. Fresh from the oven and visible on the table. If she had been a good girl all day long, she could have some whipped cream, as well. Just like cherry on the top, cream on the top of the smooth pie dough. Laughters in the kitchen. But it was all long time ago.

 Carla stood up in her room since that she managed her nervousness and got her stable hands back. She was shaky just a few minutes ago but apperantly therapy works for her, Doctor Beasley creates magic on her.

 She puts her red lipstick on and fixes her dark hair tightly. She has a very serious look today, just like any other day really. Living alone since 18 made her tough. She did not need to do it all her own but she likes it this way. She could stay with her parents maybe till she is 30 or even worse for her all life just like all the people from her high school but no, an independent soul can not do that. Her parents would love that, though. She closes for eyes for a few seconds again, 1,2,3,4… Mr. Turtle. Her favorite ninja toy as a kid. Always next to her to hug her when she is anxious. It was belong to her years ago. But after the huge fight that she had with her parents she is not expecting to see him again. After all they already said that they changed her room and created a working space for themselves. They even gave her clothes to charity. How could she do that? After everything they had done for her? Does not she know how to be thankful? Isn’t she aware of how lucky she is? She has a roof over her, she has a nice room and family, reachable education and everything under her service. Honestly, any girl would be glad to have what Carla had. But not Carla. She is an independent soul who is trying to achieve herself and stand up on her own. Now look at her. She is having trouble looking at the mirror. She is terrified to going home back. She is upset. She has lost so much time. Breathes heavily. Locks the door and grabs her luggage. She is all set.

 ‘I am sorry what I have done, father. And mother, I know I should have been more gentle with you. I shouldn’t have left you just like that. I was too lucky to have you but also too young to realize that. You are my lucky charm that I throw a long time ago. Can I be your little daughter again, please?’ No way. It is just too simple. She did not leave just a week ago. She was their precious and their simple toy. It does not even justify the pain of lost child before her. The real one. The one who has the blood connection. She is not him and always knew that. More than her parents, really. She was the only one who cares about that in that house. Were they blind? How could they adopt a child after just losing a baby boy? Did they ever love her like their own? Of course they did, stupid. But maybe not anymore. She caused way more pain. She slammed the door under the rain one evening. She said that she does not belong in there and they are incredibly stupid if they can not manage to see it with their horse glasses. She saw the tears coming down from her mother’s eyes. She did not care. If she cared enough, she would stay.

 Carla knocks the door and shifts the pressure to the other leg. Fingers crossed, she will not faint today. White hair, old skin. They get old. How she could manage to lose that much time? It took her long enough to see that she needs to go back in time since her mother is ill. They a care of a child. They need Carla. It is good enough for adult Carla. She likes to be needed, she likes to deal with adult life stuff. If they can accept her just like they did years ago.

 ‘You are back’ her father said brightly. Now there are tears in his eyes as well. Carla did not expect that. He was the strong one, he was the mature one. ‘Come here, darling, she is back.’

 ‘Our baby girl is back, honey.’ She said . ‘Is that one of my dreams?’

 They were seeing her in their dreams for real long time. They always hope for the day she will come back and stay with them but it was just a hope, they did not really think that it will ever happen. Her mother looked her luggage. There she is. She is home. She is staying. She sees now. How much she loved in that house.

 Carla took a deep breath. She smelled strawberry pie. Is it still a tradition? Every friday that smell filled the home for years. Again, it is Friday. She stepped into her old room slightly looked from the window. Grass is brownish and careless. Her cozy reading spot turned into a computer desk. Lots of mugs half filled with cold coffee. A tear goes down from her pink cheeks. She turned her head to the other corner, where normally she kept her toys in a perfect order. There is not toys anymore, just an old brown couch. And somebody sitting on it. Mr. Turtle. After all these years, he is still here.

 ‘You kept it’ Carla said while looking at her fingers. ‘I figured you wouldn’t’.

Mr. Turtle belongs to that house just like Carla. Just like whipped cream on the top.

November 27, 2020 10:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.