The Betrothed and The Damsel's Nostalgia

Submitted into Contest #57 in response to: Write a story about someone breaking a long family tradition.... view prompt

1 comment

Romance Drama

On December 20, 2019 my friend invited me at the mask ball. At the mask ball. All the damsels are wearing their elegant gowns. During that night I was nervous. I sat near in the window while looking at the garden. And I saw a gorgeous damsel walking on a small bridge. 

I went at the garden because I’m so curious to her. On that night she worn her mask. And her blue gown with a crown. During that night I worn red gown without crown.

“Hi”

“Hello” she looks into my eyes. And she introduced herself.

“My name is Bianca Benet and you are”

I introduced myself to her. 

“My name is Charlotte Hudson. Nice to meet you Bianca”  

She is beautiful and sexy. She is taller than me. She has a blonde hair, blue eyes and pink lips. I loved the smells of her perfume. Bianca invited me to dance at the mask ball. 

“I like your long straight black hair, your brown eyes and red lips.” She said to me. We went inside for a dance.

“They are all looking at you” I said.

“Believe me. They are looking at you” 

she said. We dance together. While listening to a romantic song. After we dance. She gets my contact number, Instagram and Twitter account. She followed me on my social media platforms

At my condominium. I felt something I can’t explain. I spent my whole night at my room looking at her photos. I can’t stop smiling. “Oh! Jeez! She is so glamorous” I said to myself. While looking to her photos. Until she sent a private message to me. Suddenly my heart was beating fast. 

“Meet me tomorrow here is my address” 

She gave her address to me. She lived at New York City. Early in the morning I visited Bianca on her mansion. She is so rich. And I met her brother two years older than her. 

“Hi I’m Keith (he offered his right hand). Miss what do I call you?” He asked me.

“I’m Charlotte from London”

“What are you doing here? At New York”

“for modelling”

“Ok” (winking)

I saw Bianca while walking on the stairs. She invited me to walks at the garden. At the garden. We played chest and monopoly. She’s so cute. I asked her a few questions regarding to her family. I just found out. She is daughter of the most richest man in the world. 

Keith brought his specialty. He baked a cake for us. It’s so luscious. He loves to cook. And it seems they are close to each other. Since it’s already late I decided to go back home. At the condo I received messages from Keith. He requested for a date. I replied yes.

Early in the morning. Keith is calling. I answered his phone calls. He said he is outside the building. I was shocked. So I welcomed him to my messy condominium. And he laughed. 

“When is our date?” He asked me

“I don’t know to you” 

“Today. Today is our date. So prepared yourself. For our date today” (smiling)

“Ok”

He brought me to an expensive restaurant. And he ordered the most expensive delicacy. While eating I asked a questions to him regarding to his sister.  

“Can I ask?”

“Sure what is it?”

“What is the favorite color of your sister”

“She loves pink”

“Is she is a party girl or not”

“Party girl”

“Wow that’s great. Because I’m a party best friend”

“You guys are meant to be”

“Yeah we’re meant to be”

“I like you” (smiling)

“I like you too”

“I love you”

“Huh?” 

“I said you’re so cute”

“Thank you”

After our date My mom and dad are surprising me at my condo. They flew in New York just to embrace me. I missed them so much. My dad is planning to opens his own hospital here in New York. He wanted to buy a new property. For his business. I supports him. I called my best friend Greg to visit me in my condo for a help he is a lesbian. But no one will notice. And my dad thought he is my boy friend. But no he is not my boy friend. He is an engineer. 

On the following day while searching for a location for my dad’s business. Greg noticed I always checking my phone. I said to him I was looking for the best photos of mine for the cover of my magazine. But the truth is I’m still waiting for Bianca’s post on IG or tweets on twitter. Finally my dad founds a perfect location for his business. And Greg is excited for his new project. My parents decided to celebrates.

At the restaurant Bianca was there with another man. I don’t know who he is. But during that time. I felt I was falling from cloud nine. Crashing from the high. I looked at them and it seems they are enjoying their company. 

Bianca didn’t notice me. She don’t have any idea that we are in the same restaurant. While eating my dad asking me. Why until now I’m still single. I answered him with full of confidence.

“Dad I don’t need a man. I can pay my bills. And I can buy anything I wanted”

And my mom said. She wants a grandchild. I said to them I’m not ready to enter in a serious relationship. My parents respect my decision in life. 10 o’clock in the evening. Greg and I was on the rooftop. While smoking and drinking beer. Greg asked me regarding to my sexual fluidity. I was shocked. He said he know I’m bisexual. I told him don’t tell to my parents. He promised he will keep my secret. He reminds me no matter what happened we’re sisters.

I shared to him my great experienced to my girl crush. I said to him I met Bianca at the mask ball. And I fell in love to her. But I saw her earlier at the restaurant with another man. And it really hurts for me seeing my dream girl with another man. Greg gave some advice to me. According to him I don’t need to force Bianca to love me back. 

I try to forget her. But she is always on my mind and heart. On the following day at my photoshoot. Someone sent a bouquet of red roses and chocolates. The messenger gave the number of the sender. After the photoshoot. I called the sender I just want to say thank you. I was surprised because the sender is Bianca. I was wondering why she sent one bouquet of flowers and chocolates at my photoshoot she said she missed me. So I invited her at the bar. She said yes to me. I’m so happy and I’m so excited to see her again. 

We met at the bar. She embraced me. I missed her. We ordered 2 buckets of beer. 1 bucket each. While drinking and smoking. I asked her if she is single. I’m so happy when she said yes. She invited me to play billiards so I said I don’t know how play billiards. She is willing to teach me. While Bianca teaching me how to play billiards. I can’t explain how I feel. All I know is she seducing me. I want to kiss her lips. I lost my desecration and I lost my control. I kissed her and I loved it. And she kissed me back. At her condominium Bianca was making out with me. It was a perfect night for us. 

Early in the morning while Bianca is sleeping. Beside me. I kissed her lips. And she woke up. She said to me. “It’s true love kiss” She gave me a warm cuddle. Her phone is ringing she answered her mom’s phone calls.

“Hey sweet heart. Where are you. Everyone here is waiting for you” her mother

“Ok mom I’ll be there just wait for me”

“Why?”

“Nothing” she kissed me “I love you”

“I love you too”

I visited Greg at the location site. I shared to him everything. He is happy for me. But he warned me and he reminds me that my parents might against to our relationship. Because my parents are against to same sex marriage. I hope my parents will understand my situation. 

I opened my phone and I checked Bianca’s Instagram and Twitter. But Keith posted on his Instagram account a photos of a man with a caption.

“Me with my future brother in law” 

I was wondering why he posted that photo and who is that man He is not the man at the restaurant. I called Bianca. And she declined my phone calls. Suddenly my heart was bleeding too much. I cried a lot. I can’t imagine the woman who brought me to heaven is the woman who dragged me to hell. Good thing Greg was there for me.  

At my condominium Bianca visited me. She explained everything to me. I just found out her family has a tradition. If one of the family members who has youngest daughter. The parents are allowed to find a man for their daughter. I want to spend my whole life to her. She admitted the first time we’ve met. She has a feeling for me. She try to hide. But she can’t hide it. I don’t know what to do. She wanted to finish our relationship. She leaved my condo. I want to chase her. But I chose to stay inside and to cry. 

I called Greg I told to him Bianca and I love story is over. We went at the bar. We drink and we dance. Until Keith greeted me. He told me Bianca is now a betrothed. He invited me to visit him at the mansion. I asked him why he said because he loves me he wants me to be his girl friend. He is willing to introduce me to his parents. I grab the opportunity. I used him to making her jealous. 

On the following day I visited him at the mansion. And Bianca’s fiancé was also there. His name is Earl Stuart he is handsome and very manly. Keith introduced me to his family as his girl friend. Bianca accidentally broke the glass. After the dinner Bianca confronted me. Why I did this to her. It’s obviously she is jealous. I told her our relationship is over. I’m done with her. She cried in front of me. She apologized to me.

“Sorry because I’m vulnerable. I can’t break our long family tradition”  

I Felt guilty for what I have done to her. I embraced her. Until she stopped to cry. We’re both shocked Earl is watching.

“I knew it. Both of you are bisexuals. Don’t worry girls. I Stan for it your secrets are safe. Just trust me Ladies”

Bianca embraced Earl. We planned for a vacation just for us. Earl and Bianca pretending they want to stays at the beach. But the truth is the vacation is Exclusively just for two of us. I introduced Earl to Greg and I just found out Earl is lesbian. They likes each other. Greg and Earl decided to joined to our vacation. Of course they need proof that they spent their time at the beach. This is our agreement. Both companies are wanted it.

At the beach we tried all waters activities. We enjoyed every seconds together. Earl and Bianca posted their sweet selfies on their social media platforms. I felt a little bit of jealous. But I need to endure the pain. Before we leave the beach. Bianca gave a necklace to me. The pendant is heart and her pendant is a key. It means no one can enter to my heart only her. Earl was also has a necklace with heart pendant. And the key pendant was on Greg. Of course they need to pretend. 

After our vacation they go back at New York City. Meanwhile me and Greg went on London. I’m so happy. The purposed why we went on London is to reveal our real identity to my parents. My dad and mom scolded me. 

“My goodness Charlotte. What happened to you? This is disgusting. You have to choose between your parents or that woman” my mom said.

I love my parents. But I chose Bianca over my parents. My mom slapped my face. The most painful part of my life is. When I heard from her. 

“You will never be my daughter anymore. Mark my word” she is mad at me. I leaved the London with full of sadness. Greg and I go back at New York City. I was surprised Bianca was outside my unit. We came inside.

“What do you want? Burger, pizza or me?” I asked her.

She embraced me and she opened my heart pendant using her key pendant.

“Why?”

“It’s over I love you but I can’t break our long family tradition. It’s important to our family and I can’t hurt Keith. He loves you very much” 

“Listen I chose you over my family. Because I love you. And you chose your stupid family tradition over me” 

“Sorry”

“Sorry? I hope that sorry can heal the wounds inside my heart. I hope that sorry can heal my parents bleeding hearts for choosing you” 

She leaved my unit while crying. I hate myself during that day. Why I’m such a fool. Early in the morning. Bianca was outside my unit. She realized I’m the most important person in her life.

“I can’t imagine a day without you. I’d rather die than to have an eternal life without you” 

“What is the meaning of this?”

“I’m breaking our long family tradition for us” 

 We love each other. We face a lot of judgements from other people but we ignored it. But the most important. Gradually our parents learned to accepts us. Time flies pains turns to memories.

The End

August 29, 2020 15:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jill Ann
16:41 Sep 11, 2020

I really like the story. The detail is excellent. Try to keep the verb tenses similar and watch grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.