0 comments

Drama Mystery Thriller

I was always told fears are nothing but a tiny black bug crawling in the corner of your brain trying to scare you so you'll fear life. I guess I never understood what that meant. After all, when you're in a situation where you have to face that fear, you panic. You can't stop from feeling fear, or at least in my case. Mother and father always told me my fear of elevators was stupidly humorous. When I was young, I'd search up videos of incidents that happened because of the elevator, which scared young little me. I gulped. I knew today was going to be different, and you could say I was right. I trembled, walking down the halls seeing the sight of the elevator. I was one step closer to going in. I don't even know why I agreed to something like this… Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I was dared to face my greatest fear. Sure, I didn't have to do it, I could've just said pass and done something else, but maybe it was a chance for me to get over this silly fear, maybe then I wouldn't get made fun of by my ridiculous parents. I pressed the buttons of the elevator outside and waited for it to open. An elderly lady walked by me as she exited the elevator. The insides were plain yellow and had a brown stain on the left side of the wall. I could tell I was cringing. I walked inside, quickly dropping my backpack on the inside of the elevator. I pressed the floor one and saw the door shut. It made creaky noises, but I didn't worry about that. Now here I was stuck in an elevator alone. My chest was tightening, and my heart was picking up its pace. I was somehow able to keep a straight face, but the way I reacted mentally was killing me. I consciously looked around the room impatiently. I pulled out my phone, realizing I had no connection. This was so stupid, no phone, slow elevator, and my freaking anxiety. I was starting to get a bit more anxious as it had been more than five minutes. I was pacing around the elevator, each second going by thinking I was going crazier than the last. What was wrong with me? I sat down on the hard concrete floor and wept miserably. In front of me was a terrible witch, which happened to be my reflection. Mascara was dripping down my eyes, not only that, but it was swollen! I can't go to school like this! I took out my makeup pouch from my bad, which was messily laying on the ground. Some pencil cases and notebooks were sticking out. I rummaged through my makeup pouch to get makeup remover and used the reflection from the doors as my mirror. I neatly rubbed off the dripping wet mascara and reapplied it. I smiled at my reflection, but it didn't last long. I stuffed my makeup pouch back into the bag and plopped onto the dirty ground. If anyone saw me now, I'm sure that I would get made fun of. I was voting on whether to take a nap or stare viciously at my reflection. In the end, I decided to stare at myself. I looked at my reflection once again more closely. This time noticing all my imperfections by staring at my face too long. I noticed my nose was very wide and started rubbing on it. I shouldn't even be surprised. My nickname in elementary school was pig nose. Maybe staring at myself wasn't the best idea. Suddenly the elevator stopped and made a quiet ding. I quickly jumped up and collected my stuff, ready to leave. I checked my phone to see it had been twenty minutes since I was in here. I did miss my class, but as long as I'm out of here, I'm happy! I tapped my toes and watched it creak open right before my eyes. It was creepy like the first time. I could see a bright light emerging from the doors where freedom lied. I got impatient, so I pushed the doors wide open to see a bunch of concerned looks on adults' faces. I rolled on the ground, crying, sweet home. I was finally free! But those concerned faces quickly turned distorted into terrifying skulls. Everything around me went dark, and I was sent back to reality. The elevator stopped, and it shook tremendously like an earthquake. The lights flickered on and off, and I was sent rolling around the tiny room. I screamed in fear and cried, but I knew no one could hear me. Suddenly I was being lifted off the ground hitting the ceiling of the elevator and smashing straight forward into the elevator floor. I howled in pain and sobbed. My nose ached, and my head was injured badly to the point bloodstains were left on the floor. The lights went out, and I was in complete darkness, lying to breathe my last breaths. I breathed in and out deeply, attempting to calm my self down. All I could see now was rainbow-like circles floating in the dark air like little sprinkles. I smiled ear to ear and turned on my side. I maintained my spot near the corner of the elevator as it shook and fell. I thought of my friends and families of what they would say if they saw me like this. I was going to die. Would they all come to my funeral? Would they even miss me? What would my mom do without me? I reached for my backpack, which was on the other side of the tiny elevator room. I was using all the strength left to get it. All my valuables were in that bag. If I was going to die, I wanted to die holding it. The lights turned on all of a sudden, and I could hear sounds of footsteps approaching me. I forced a smile on my face and chuckled. I'm going to be saved. Ever since that day, I never stepped foot upon an elevator.

September 09, 2020 01:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.