0 comments

General

While I was sitting down near the park a couple blocks away from the school relaxing under the summer sun Amber runs up to me in tears. I could already tell what happened, this always happened. I look at Amber and sigh inwardly, when would she stop falling for the viper. She continues crying next to me as I stare out into oblivion. I told her 3 weeks ago that Mark was not a good person. He felt off from the very beginning. The way one of his eyes always twitches and his leg would bounce up suddenly, and the way his tone would unexpectedly change. 

I can tell with a lot of people if they are good and if they have a unique and excellent character and so far none of Amber's boyfriends had any good character. I look at Amber and take her hand into mine, slowly rubbing my thumb over the back of her hand. I smile softly remembering the accidental kiss we once shared. The kiss was electrifying, it felt like the whole world was on fire. And it turned out I was on fire, my leaning forward over the candle had caused my shirt to catch flame, something I didn't notice till after the disappointment set in. 

But the speed that she rejected me with was a sure indication that this, whatever I thought we might become was just pure imagination on my part. I had known from that moment on that she would never be mine, just like i had known the night I met her that we would be great friends because her aurora told me she was an amazing person. It was the same with Jason, our ‘brother’ who always came to our rescue whenever we needed him, even at 3 am when I needed a hug because of something my mother had said. 

"Ambs you really shouldn't worry too much, he is the one that is losing this hot junk," I laugh slapping her ass playfully. She laughs softly next to me leaning into my side and hugging me, "I am so happy we are friends Phebes." I smile from ear to ear and push her away jokingly. My eyes are suddenly attracted to an approaching figure, a tall blonde man stands in front of us and locks eyes with me. 

“I am looking for Woodland Boarding School for Girls, do either of you fine ladies know where it is,” he asks sweetly. I stare at him analyzing every aspect of him, his looks, his aurora, his personality, I could see it clearly this man would bring the death of us. He isn’t just a good looking professor coming to our humble school, he is a good looking and perfectly well mannered and sweet professor that would soon fall into the grips of the populars.

“You do notice we have their uniforms on right mate?” I ask him incredulously my eyebrow raising up in questioning. He laughs loudly and nods his head. I quickly point to the registration building that is nearly covered by the dormitory and shoo him away.

Amber pokes my side and laughs telling me how into him I was or whatever. I did not listen. My eyes followed him as he left and entered the registration building disappearing from view, I sigh. I rest my head on Amber’s shoulder tiredly, school hasn't even started and I was already sick of the gift I had. It might seem like an amazing power, but in all honesty it felt more like a curse. 

The people that I felt were good were always so out of my range, my tight grasp on reality kept dwindling away. The only constants in my life are my school, Amber, and Jason. And I thought that was all I needed, but day by day I am proven wrong. Like today, I met this amazing professor, who I didn't even get the name of, that is stuck in my mind yearning for more attention, for love. I blink away the tears and focus on the pathway to my dorms, only a few people had moved in already and none were new. I was hoping not a single person would register this semester, I did not want to deal with Amber's questions and i need you to meet this person vibe. 

Every semester Amber drags me away from my studied the first two weeks to introduce me to all the new girls in hope I will find one I click with. I do not. I have never found a single girl here that is sweet, honest, kind, helpful, and caring. That is probably why they are at boarding school though, their parents didn't want them. At Least that is my case. My parents didn’t want a nut job in the house, so I was sent here. 

Amber shakes me out of my thoughts and points at a new girl wandering around nervously, eyes cast down onto the map she holds and hands shaking. She seemed innocent enough, the distance would have to be avoided in order for me to read her. And the closer she got to wider the book opened, the easier it was for me to analyze, detect, probe at her mind. I could see the nervousness from the way her lips twitched and the fear from the way her legs were dragging on the floor, but her eyes are what really drew me in. Her eyes the color of a lily, white and pure, filled with love and kindness. Maybe this year would be my year, maybe i can finally have someone for me. 

I get up and walk over to her now, leaving a stunned Amber behind. 

“Hey cutie, do you need some help,” I ask her softly. She looks up quickly and swallows thickly. She asks me for directions to room 215 and asks where the dining hall is. The whole time i stare at her beautiful and mesmerizing eyes. I look down at her and point her in the right direction before telling her that ill meet up with her soon. I walk back towards Amber, who has her arms crossed across her chest in a defensive like manner. 

“You can not leave me like that,” she almost growls at me all humor gone from her face. Behind her I see Stacey who is walking towards us with a mean grin on her face, I could tell that she was up to something, but i couldn't pinpoint what it was. 

Not a full minute later, she dumps an iced coffee on top of Amber’s hair and starts laughing.

“Cool down yeah bitch, no one wants to see your face while your smiling, it's even worse when you look like that,” she points at the sullen expression on Amber's face and walks away laughing.



October 08, 2019 18:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.