1 comment

Adventure Drama Friendship

Sonya is a 12 year old girl, an only child white hair freckles on her face. She is five feet two inches tall. “That took forever,” I said, panting “where you were,” my mom said with a soft smile. “I... I was at the park”, I said trying not to smile “ok uh I gotta go do homework bye.” I rushed to my room leaving a dust trail behind me. I got in my room and locked the door phew, Tap Tap what was that? It was my snotty 6 year old neighbor Jackie. “what do you want! I said“opening my window “did you hear about the dog show?” ‘No and I don't want to enter!!!’ 

Ring Ring Ring “what was that?” “Oh it’s just the clock,” It was 1am in the morning and I sprang out of bed “got to go!” I said enthusiastically (even though it was the most tired I’d ever been.) I climbed out of my window trying not to wake my parents as my feet hit the ground. You could hear the gravel crunching beneath my feet. I hopped on our new shiny red vespa vroom, vroom “how do you start this thing?” I thought to myself. I was shaking trying to figure out how to move then VROOM!!! “AHHHHHHHHH” I screamed as the vespa took off and flew down the road. I could feel the cold air soaring through my hair as I zoomed past everything I saw. I drove up the alleyway and saw my favorite little pup named cinnamon. He is a golden lab mix. He always ran into stuff when he saw me cinnamon only does that when he is excited. “Hey buddy, how you doing?” I asked. He gave a loud bark in return, “I got some food for you” I searched in my bag and found a bag of dog food, “here you go boy!” He started wagging his tail back and forth. I could tell he was happy. Crunch Crunch Crunch, in a few minutes all the dog food was gone.

“All done boy?” “Do you want a drink of water?” I asked cinnamon and he barked in agreement. Splish splash splish went the water as I poured it in the dog bowl. “I got to go boy.” “I’ll be back soon.” I said with a frown on my face “ok vespa let’s try this again” I thought to myself. I hopped on the vespa and rode away. I saw my house in the distance but tried to sneak around the back and hop the fence and there I saw my mom. 

I panicked as I saw my mom's red and blue rob through the gate of our house. I had just opened the door when I heard my mom’s voice “honey where have you been, I came to your room last night and you weren't in your bed, why?” My mom asked. “The truth is my friends wanted me to egg a house but I knew it was a bad idea so I got home as fast as I could.” I said trying to sound realistic. I knew I could not hide this for much longer but I had to keep lying to save my buddy cinnamon. “Oookk sure I believe you this time but next tell me first” said my mom. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked into my room. It was 8 am and I had to get ready for school. I packed up my pink leather backpack and ran out the door to catch the bus.

As I walked on the bus I was panting from running so hard I was almost late for school but then I saw hope my best friend jennie! “Jenniee!” I screamed softly. “Hey girl wassup” she responded. “You were almost late,” “I know.” I said. But as soon as we finished talking the bus zoomed off and we were late! We had arrived at school and ready to start the day. We had entered s.t.e.m class just when the fire alarm went off RING RING RING “god its so loud.” I thought to myself.

I ran outside with all the other kids and sat on the grass and talked with Jenniee. I told her about cinnamon and she wanted to see him “fine.” I said softly so nobody can hear about cinnamon. I just got home when my mom said “can we have a talk” “yeah why?” “I talked to  jennie's mom she said jennie was home the day I found you outside in the morning, is there something you would like to tell me?” My mom asked “no nothing…” “Are you sure?” she questioned. “Yep” I answered, trying to sound calm. 

I was really starting to stress out because I knew if I told them about cinnamon they would throw him in the pound. But I had to go to jennies house and take her to cinnamon. “Mom I'm going over to Jennie's, I'll be back around 5pm!” I screamed, “ok.” exclaimed my mom. I hopped back on the shiny red vespa (side note I kind of scratched it heh heh,) and I rode away.  As I got to Jennie’s house I could see her waiting outside their door. “Hey Jennie,” I screamed trying hard to make her hear me. “Umm so do you want to hop on my vespa to see cinnamon or what?” I asked.

“Uh yeah duh,” exclaimed Jennie. She hopped on my vespa and we rode to the alleyway where cinnamon was laying down in his little dog house. I made him woof woof. I could hear the faint sounds of his bark. “Cinnamon! Here, boy, do you want some water and dog food?” He wagged his tail in agreement. “Aww he is so cute,” Jennie screamed with joy. She looked as excited as a kid on their birthday. Cinnamon once again lapped up his water and chowed down on his food but then he got super hyped and started running around like the flash!

We were getting ready to leave just when cinnamon hopped on the vespa and it seemed like he wanted to go home with us. “Uh cinnamon what are you doing?” I asked he just barked with his tail hitting the keys making it seem like it was going to start “NO CINNAMON!” Jennie and Sonya  yelped. We both hopped on the red vespa with cinnamon on it and it started going forward to our house! “AHHHHHHHHHH!!” Jennie and I screamed. 

We were on the vespa zooming with cinnamon towards jennies and my house (we live next to each other). As we got closer I could see my mom up ahead with Jennie’s mom. They were talking about something. We heard a thunk and then we all flew off the vespa and landed on the grass. I awoke to a tongue licking my face “Cinnamon is that you?” I said weakly. “Honey, are you ok?” Asked my mom, I could tell she was concerned “yeah I’m fine. Wait, where's cinnamon?” “Who’s cinnamon?” My mom asked. 

“Uh no one…” “It’s the dog right… Is this why you're sneaking out late all this time?” she asked? “Yeah…” “Well you're grounded for a long time but I think you should have just told me that you found this dog I would have helped you with him.”

 “ I know but I was afraid that you would throw him in the pound…” “No, I would never do anything like that. I have always wanted a dog.” “Really?” “yeah.” “and i think we should keep him.” Exclaimed my mom.

“Yay thank you mom!” “But you're grounded and you have to take care of him all the time.” “I know and I will.” We lived happily ever after and me, cinnamon and my mom all still look the same. The end.

October 21, 2021 21:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

BRAXTON TOOMATH
01:38 Oct 22, 2021

i hope i win

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.