0 comments

Adventure American Bedtime

I was a Peace Corps volunteer. I arrived as a stranger to a town called Chuma. There I had the most wonderful dream.

I had just taken a 19 hour bus ride for less than 101 miles. Note miles not kilometers, Meaning? I was on an alternative reality world. Where pounds, miles, and the sun was yellow not white.

I had met some people who invited me to a party. That the party is or was for several days and nights. I did not comprehend. Why? I did not party like that. Nor in my reality did we dance for days on end.

So getting off the bus. I was met by one of my only friends in that reality and the rest of realities. Angel. He has passed on. But I believe his soul was kind and his attitude towards life was wonderful. To me a complete stranger? He invited me and shared his home with me for the next. Well, that is a matter of opinion. For me I believe I was there for 14 days and nights dancing. While I am assured here that the party only lasts 2 days and three nights. However, according to my trip log. I was gone for a total of 18 days. So.. I am no longer sure. Which it was. I know I ate in more homes and was the life of a party.

Why? I was a gringo and for some odd reason they had a legend or story about some white guy showing up. And? Well, lets say I danced as a bear for four days. A slave owner for five days. And with a group of I really don't recall what their costumes were for 6 days. And we ate, drank, and danced from around 5 AM until 3 AM the next day continuously.

It was a strange town in the middle of nowhere Bolivia. And I was the stranger. And? The ladies loved me. Why? I would pick one and waltz her to a music that I can only describe to you as a dream. And? Then I would swing her to a different tone. And then? I would dazzy chain her, her daughter, and sisters together in a square dance. Sounds fun. And it was. And the older ladies loved it. And I?

I loved dancing.

The drinking? Well, chicha is fun to drink They had both kinds. However the real kicker was the trigo. A sort of three times heated alcohol which makes you dream such lovely dreams. And did I dream? Well, I am a strnger to this realm after all. I dreamt that I lived on Sagittarius for forty plus years. Who is to say this is the dream or that?

After all the final few minutes of death one experiences such a wild ass dream that I beliv I am watching the end of time. Tht bill gates and microsoft with their patent 2000060606 is the mark of beast. And that an end of things is upon mankind. So who knows. That I am dead here I am pretty sure I died here a long time ago. And that I am passing back through. I mean this is a nebula galaxy a passing through galaxy of the souls to the realm of the dead. Oh, I am a stranger alright and you are in my host story now.

So where was I?

Ah Peace Corps? So, there I was dancing drinking. And eating. When I got introduced to some professional soccer player. Evidently famous in his time. And he told me the weirdest story of why Peace Corps in 1960s was kicked out of Bolivia with the help of Sweden and China communist.

You see Peace Corps was accused of promoting abortions and sterilzing women in 1960s with a movie called El Condor. A film financed by China made by a Swede about Peace Corps volunteers sterilizing women in Bolivia without their permission or knowledge.

Anyway, according to this soccer player who was some sort of political person then. Peace Corps in 1960s was setup to help in the war against Vietnam Communist. Why? Because with all the US supercomputers and linguist they could not break a code that the Northern Vietnamese were using over the radios. And? Finally the convinced the President JFK to create a volunteer force of people tto help US find people to speak different languages. Because evidently at that time few people were interested in leaving the US. So Peace Corps was born to find the secret language used by the Vietnamese were using over open radio and which supercomputers could not break.

So sometime in 1962 a Peace Corps volunteer got lost in a remote part of Bolivia and happened upon a village that had the language used in Vietnam. Meaning? The Chinese had picked up on the secret of the code talkers in World War II and found a language in Aymara dialect that was unbreakable and is to this day.

Why was it so unbreakable? Simple each place and location had a different tone, and reflection which meant something totally different to the people talking in the conversation.

Meaning? Well, from my understanding say you were in your garden talking about your garden. Well the whole conversation on your property was your conversation and tone and reflection meant the same. While, if you were on the other person's garden the tone and reflection meant his garden. And?

So Viet Cong used photos and the code was the photos. So if one was told to pick up say photo 1. The whole conversation went with photo 1. And if you did not have photo 1 you had no idea what the two people were talking about. Now. Remember this was told over a drinking game. What game was that?

Seemed they thought they could out drink me. And? I don't drink. I am a nondrinker. However, I held my own and put 43 people to sleep by doing one shot per shot until they said enough. And? Well, My story continues. You see I am a time traveler. Going back to the dyson sphere or heaven or hell. I have not figured out which yet. And you? If I truly lived on Sagittarious you have been dead some billions of years now and are just playing a part in afated story in which either I am evil or a sinner and that is something I am looking forward to finding out which.

June 02, 2021 16:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.