The Sun Children

Submitted into Contest #39 in response to: One day, the sun rose in the west and set in the east.... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy

One day, the sun rose in the west and set in the east. Many many many years ago two people exactly opposites saw different things the sun setting and the sun rising. The thing was one they that they had in common was that they found the beauty in everything. Little did the know that their lives were about to become intertwined and change forever.

The one who saw the sun rising happened to be a girl. A well-raised fairly beautiful girl who would walk upon the sands on the beach nearby every morning to say Good Morning to the sun. The reason the sun rose was because of her. To see her beautiful girl smiling right back at her. The girl would dance and laugh and do all sorts of things to help the sun grow brighter than ever. They were the greatest of friends. The sun's favorite thing about her was there long conversations between her and the girl. This gave the sun the happiness to rise everyday.

The one who saw the sun set on the other hand was a quiet reserved boy who would walk throughout the woods to say goodnight to the sun. The boy was a great friend to the sun as well. He would laugh and tell her stories to help put her mind at ease. Sometimes, when the sun couldn't sleep and the boy couldn't either they would stay up all night together. Listening to the different animals throughout the night.The boy was the reason the sun went to bed each night. The peaceful reservedness of the boy was enough to send the sun dozing off each and every day.

One day the sun thought to itself about which child she loved better. The one she rose for or the one she set for. She loved both and wondered if they would love each other. At the age of 20 neither had fell in love and the sun remembered what she had thought about to herself all those many years ago. That morning when the sun rose she lowered down her glowing hand to the girl.

The girl hopped in and was lifted up into the sky. She laughed as her hair blew in the wind. When the sun kept going the girl got concerned because the sun had not taken her home yet. She missed home. The sun must've seen the worry in her eyes because she told her to be patient and that something good was coming.

The boy got worried because the sun was late that evening to set. He wanted to make sure his friend was okay. He couldn't sleep with the fact that the sun was still out there somewhere. The sun finally arrived and the boy was relieved. But, what was that object in the sun's hand he wondered. The sun lowered his hand to reveal a gorgeous girl. The girl stepped out.

The girl looked into the boy's eyes and he looked into hers. It was true love. They spent the night laughing and getting to know each other. That night when the girl was to be taken back home she cried feeling attached to the boy. The sun made her promise not to worry that she would take her back to see him.

So from that day forward when the sun rose she would offer her hand and take the girl to see the boy. The pair fell more and more in love until they eventually got married. The girl moved in with the boy which made the sun happy, but sad. Though she would not wake up to a girl smiling up at her she would go to bed seeing a content couple.

After a few years, the couple called upon the sun. They presented her with there baby they had named Astra. That night the sun lifted the baby hi into the sky celebrating its birth. The sun didn't set that night it was just to excited. The child was special like the boy and girl the sun rose and set for. Every time the child would laugh the stars would twinkle right back.

They celebrated for days and days and days until everyone was so tired. Though Astra never seemed to get tired she would stay up all night under the stars chatting and giggling silently among them.

Soon, the boy and girl became Grandparents after Astra had four children that were extremely special Fall, Winter, Summer, and Spring. They each were the greatest of friends with Nature and brought happiness along with the seasons to all the people.

Spring helped the plants grow and flourish. She tended to the new babies that were born and helped them out. It seemed everywhere she walked and wandered blooms seemed to follow.

Fall was the child that the leaves loved to follow. They were eager to fall out of there trees to see her. Fall loved to watch leaves float in the wind and she would chatter with the wind every time she would go out. Sometimes the wind would even pick her up taking her all over the forest.

Winter you might think was a cold lad, but he was one of the most gentle people you could ever meet. He made sure the plants had a well deserved rest. He conversed with the water and helped bring an icy breeze to free the water and turn it into a beautiful creation like none before.

Summer was the fiery child of the group. She told the sun when it was time to be blazing hot and then melted the ice from Winter and turned it into the clear-water streams and allowed the water to reach as far as the ocean.

The sun aged bit by bit. She felt like she was part of there family even though she was still in the sky. It warmed her heart every time she would see the children running around and the adults chasing after. The adults might be adults, but they were a child on the inside.

If you ever wonder why the sun still rises and sets its because now the boy and the girl, Astra, and the children of the Seasons, all work beside her. Always by the sun's side they laughed and grew up beside her. Though you might think the sun is old it still shines as bright as always. This is why the sun rose in the West and set in the East.


April 29, 2020 19:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

SG Kubrak
13:43 May 07, 2020

Very cool! I rarely see mythologies made these days. Very nice work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
13:42 May 07, 2020

This was a fun read! I liked the personification of the sun (as a matchmaker for the boy and the girl) and the personification of the four seasons (Astra's children)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.