0 comments

General

The man on his early 30s had always worked for that company and for no other places. Always on time and very precise. Every day he would be at work at 8 am with caffeine running in his blood and numbers on his mind. It was a Monday when his mundane life turned upside-down, this time for good.

His conscience slowly took over and he woke up before the clock hit 6:30.

"It's early, but I can't get back to sleep," he thought. He got up the bed and did his morning chores. As he was brushing his teeth, he thought about the last project he had to work on. All those days, when he couldn't do anything else, but work, ended. If the executives accept it, his group will throw a party. A party sounded deserved. The last time he celebrated, was on New Year's Eve with his parents and siblings.

"How are they doing? I haven't seen them in ages. I wish I could have more time. Why am I even complaining?" He told himself. "I am not anymore an entry lever sucker, but a senior."

The man washed off the shave foam of his face and started wearing his shirt, his trousers. The problem was that he couldn't find two sock of the same pair. As he was struggling with his necktie and thought, "Why should we wear a necktie? Does this really show maturity? More like submission. Why submission? Why maturity? Why did I think about those? Even it shows submission, what's the deal? Everyone wears one of those."

As he was struggling, he manage to wore the necktie in the right way.

As he came out of the door, the man closed the door behind his back and took the key. The man headed off to the bus station that would take him to the train station. He checked his pockets to make sure he had everything he needed. He tilted his head and saw the gray sky before the sun would shone later. 

At 7:15 he took the train to arrive at work. He usually takes the train that pulls out at 7:45.

Crowds of people took the train that

hour and the air felt nearly suffocating. Their breaths warmed the atmosphere up, causing him to sweat.

The people made the young man lightly nervous. Cold sweats started to cover his hands and entire body. His heart felt like pounding out of his chest. The man slowed his breath, so none could hear his sluttery. 

"Why are so many people at this hour? I should've picked the later train like I always do."

When the train arrived at the station from where he always leave, he thought, "So many people, I shall not bother them. I am going to wait for the next station. Fortunately, I am earlier."

As the train moved he regretted it immediately. At the next stop, again there was loads of people on his way and didn't want to bother them. 

"So much people, it would cause a fuss if I get up now. I will wait for the next station and then take the bus. Forget the coffee; I will drink from coffee machine we have at work. Even though it doesn't taste as good as Montana's.

I am going to take bus afterwards," he thought.

The young man took a deep breath and rest his head behind, closing his eyes. He wanted to yell and get away away from all those people. But even if he wanted to yell he couldn't, because there was a lump in his throat. Unaware of his actions, he was causing a soundless earthquake from his shaking his left leg.

"Is that really okay? Do I have enough time to get to work on time?" The man asked himself. He let a soft slight moan. 

BONK

He opened his eyes at all a sudden. As he wasn't seeing a sight of a person, he assumed what had happened. 

"Damn! I lost the track of time," he shouted, fearing not if someone would hear. 

The young man stood up and looked up the window. He opened his eyes widely as he wanted to crave the scene in his mind. An enormous blue mass of indeed-salty water, known as sea, that crashed its waves against the mighty cliffs. The foam look as clouds someone had modified with photoshop.

"Do you want to open the window?" A husky voice asked him.

"What? No, it just..."

"Do you want to open the window?" The voice, which belonged to an old man, asked again. "The view is amazing."

"Is it okay?"

"We are travelling at 20 mph at the moment, so it's okay," the young boy answered.

He opened the window and this time he could see better. The sun stood broadly over the sea, making it reflect his brightness.

The smell of the salt and pressure of wind hit his face giving back the lost sense of living. Far from the shore he could see the fishing boats. Active people working under the sun. He would love to do that, too.

The setting reminded him of the last time he visited the sea. When he was in college; many years ago. If we look earlier in his childhood, we could see a undying desire for the freedom the sea could offer him. When he was a kid, he used to creat little ship inside a glass bottle and treasure it.

"I wanted to sail the sea," the man spoke his mind and heart.

"You wanted?"

"No, I still want."

He lost his youth for the sake of firmness, before he could see what truly happened. 

"Why am I feeling this way?" He asked himself. "Like..."

"Like you are missing something," the old man said.

He nodded.

"I understand," the old man said. "I have seen many men that were enchanted by this beautiful sea. What do you have diffrent?"

"Nothing," the young man answered.

"Nothing?"

"I have less than them."

The old man laughed and said. "You are a interesting fellow, my friend."

"Jacob," the young man answered.

"Nice to meet you. Are you interested in buying a boat?"

September 06, 2019 17:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.