Anaella, the child in summer time.

Submitted into Contest #99 in response to: Write a story about somebody reminiscing on an event that happened many summers ago.... view prompt

5 comments

Fantasy

Anaella, the child in the summertime.

It is the year 2021; time has flown. She is thinking about how every summer, the sun comes, and people seem to be happier. However, not every summer, things can be good all the time. There was a year, 1993, when summer was not a happy time in her city.

Let me introduce you to the life of Anaella; she was born in 1983 in a town near the capital city of England. Near to London, yes… London, that London. She grows up in that small town with her brother and her parents. It looks like a normal life in a normal town.

In this little place, there was a Castle, and many stories were told about that magnificent building. The Castle was restored to attract tourists. There was a lake around it and a huge elevated door over the lake.

Every summer people in the town celebrated a cultural festival. Most of the events were small concerts of medieval music and theatre plays. There was also a craft and traditional food fair. People used to have dresses of medieval time. They enjoyed acting and clothing as if they were in the Castle when it was built.

Anaella, was a young actress for one of the theatre plays that year. She was very excited because of her debut as a princess in the Castle. Her brother was playing in one of the concerts. All her family participated actively in the festival,

The day of the debut came. All the town was in the park, in front of the Castle, where the festival was celebrated every summer. Anaella and her brother were prepared to play. But suddenly, something happened. Nobody knows how or why, but Anaella disappeared, just in front of her audience. 

She had 10 years old. That day, the most sunlight day of the year was her birthday. It was very strange the way she disappeared. She was over the stage, dressing in a beautiful dress made by her mother. She was in the middle of her act. She had to sing a very antique song. That song was known because many centuries ago, it was used in a fertility ritual.

When Anaella started to sing that song, with an angelical voice, she woke up ancient spirits. While singing, she was elevated over the lake, and a white light illuminated her body. The song was taken a life, from her mouth come out not just sounds, but sounds with life, people could see every note she sang. Music is always invisible, but at that moment, people could see how every note, every word, had a physical shape.

The day that was supposed to be lighted turned dark, the moon appeared, and she was in the middle between these two lovers, the moon and the sun. But wait a minute, what the song says? Yes, precisely that. The song talks about the romance between the moon and the sun and how they must live separated for humanity to live.

As the sun came so close, people couldn't see what happened. Anaella was not there anymore. Some minutes later, everything came to normality. People in the town seem to have forgotten Anaella, and who was her. Everybody, except her mother. Anaella's mother started looking for her everywhere.

That search was unfruitful. Anaella's father didn't remember Anaella. Neither her brother. They said Anaella's mother was becoming crazy. She was looking for someone that had never exist.

Meanwhile, Anaella woke up. She was into the Castle. She was dressing in that beautiful dress her mother made. She looked around, but she didn't see anybody. The Castle was empty. She walked around, looking for something to eat. But she didn’t find anything. She was scared; finally, she was just a 10 years old girl.

She started to walk, she went out of the Castle, and walk far away. Looking for her mother, looking for some food. But she never talks or saw anybody. She just walked until she found a little lake. She drunk some water and wash her face. When she looked at herself in the water, she saw the face of her mother.

Her mother was also in that lake, at the same time, looking at herself, but she saw Anaella. Without knowing, they both were connected to each other through that lake. Anaella said: Mom, are you there? And her mother could listen to her very clear. Yes, I am here, my baby. She said.

What they didn’t know is that Anaella’s father and brother were right. Anaella had never born. Anaella’s mother, whose name is Isabella, had always had an imaginary friend. More than a friend Anaella was the child inside Isabella. Every summer, Isabella became a child again. She participated in every single play she could. She loved to dress in antique costumes. She loved to sing and dance.

Then, there were they, Anaella and Isabella, looking at each other in the lake. One of us has to come to reality, said Isabella.  But as her mother, love was so immense. She said it must be you, my little baby. Come and live my life. Be a child; enjoy every single moment.

Since then, Anaella lives her mother life. Her own life, but as a 10 years old child. Now, in 2021, she is a mature woman of almost 60. But she stills dressing like a child, speaking like a child and fighting with her son or brother, as a child. Doctors said she had a mental illness. The illness of childhood. She is an eternal child, like Peter Pan. Her world is more beautiful and peaceful than ours. She doesn’t realise about the weather, the wars, the unemployment. She lives a happy life because he is out of reality.

Right now, she is looking at the window, watching the sunset, singing and smiling, because she can fly, she can see the music, she is the daughter of the sun and the moon. 

June 20, 2021 03:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Sudhir Menon
14:45 Jun 27, 2021

The story exemplifies a fertile imagination. However, some proof-reading and editing could elevate the story to a new level. You may read my story, 'A Stunning Blow', with the same prompt.

Reply

Silvana Varón
03:00 Jun 29, 2021

Thank you for your comment. In fact, English is not my language, I'm learning to write in this language, using creative writing as an exercise to improve it. Your story is very nice. Thanks!!!

Reply

Sudhir Menon
04:15 Jun 29, 2021

Oh, that's a wonderful initiative. To be able to write English, even in the manner that you have written, is in itself a great effort. Don't be disheartened, you will definitely improve as you continue your journey as an author. For a reading of grammar, may I suggest a book by Wren & Martin. It will help you in understanding the nuances of the language. Meanwhile, thank you for having liked my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Harold Reid
15:01 Aug 30, 2021

Wonderful. I speak French & it is nice English.

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:08 Jul 01, 2021

It is fantasy no doubt but blogger has to make the reminiscences clearly understood by reader. The reader's comments and responses are valid.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.