0 comments

Speculative

This story contains sensitive content

*Existential thought provoking that may offend those of religious indoctrination and beliefs.*

Joke’s on You

I’ve got a plan!

Laughter. Not the kind one hears, but that kind that is felt. Joyous reflection  of laughter.

“Ha, ha, ha, ha … '' The continuous sound of laughter can be heard /felt on the wind, through the trees, crows cackling, birds chirping, squirrels chattering in such a way that all Nature rings out with the tinkling sounds that reminds you of Universal laughter.  All Nature smiles and glows with this spectacular idea of a “plan”.

     “Do you, now?” says Spirit, God, Goddess or whatever other name applies for you to that feeling of something greater than oneself that permeates most of Humanity.

“Awe, that’s so cute, this Human has a plan and dares to speak those words out loud.”

“Do you have an alternate “plan” as well?”

“A ‘plan B’, (B for backup) in case your original plan goes awry?”

“A ‘plan C’ (C for Contingency) “plan”?

“How about D, E, F?”

     F - my favorite letter - usually stands for Fruition.  By the time one gets to Plan F all other avenues have Finally been Explored on the original statement of “I’ve got a plan!”

     Joke’s on you.  We have a plan, too, and Our plan is to mess with whatever plan you think you have.  Our plan always supersedes your plan, or challenges it, makes one work for it, alter it, adjust for the Greater Good of our plan.  Or do we?  Maybe we just have an ironic and slightly sick sense of humour that makes you think you’re in control of your life when in fact you are just a pawn in our game of Life and our joy is in messing with you every time you state you have a plan!

     But, but, but … I’ve got a plan!  More laughter, louder this time echoing throughout space and time, crystals and cosmos; can be heard throughout all of history, all of time and space.  Best laid plans indeed.  Goes hand in hand with “Good Intntions”.  Seems there’s a Highway paved with Good Intentions and Best Laid Plans.

    So you have a plan.  Do tell.  All the details, please.

 Looked at it carefully?  From all angles?  Think you’ve prepared for the worst that could happen?

     Depends.  On what?, one asks.  

     How many angles have you looked at it?  Truly. Examined your “plan” from every perspective?

     More laughter, snorts, even a chortle.  Hm,mm,mm.  Most likely not.  Most who have the audacity to declare they “have a plan” may indeed have that ‘plan’, but it is only the idea of a plan. Flying by the seat of their pants, it is a half formed, ill thought out plan, a general outline that allows for the greatest flexibility.  Might be better that way.

Or guilty of trying to control every aspect of that plan, leaving no room for Catastrophe, Deviation, or Emergency that would cause change to that “plan”.

     Whatever do we mean? You naively ask.  Well, have you stood back and observed?  Learned from past mistakes?  Viewed your plan from every available perspective? Including upside down?  Shared your plan with several others who may have placed doubt in your mind as to the validity of your plan?  Changed it to suit them, instead of yourself?  This brings me to another of my favorite “F” words when it comes to “plans”.  Flexibility.  Have you accounted for damage, fallout, and are you flexible?  If not, your so-called “plan” is already doomed to another F word - FAILURE!

     Plan, plan, plan.

     Chaos and Order existed as potential, conceptualised theory, rolling around and around until the most Original Thought that is the greatest threat to any and all plans was thought in two words.  The two words of all great thinkers, two words, the vibration of which caused such a cosmic ripple as to affect causality that made Chaos and Order collide in the first potential “Big Bang” and every time great thinkers pause for a moment and reflect of the infinite potential of these two words, all energy takes a cosmic inhale (gasp),  then a pause.

     The only two words that blow all “plans”, existential or Human to smithereens.  The most powerful words in all creation because it opens the doorway to  Creation.

     Those two words, you ask?

     “What if…?”

     Without those two words, anything else follows the pre-programmed path of those who came before.  Follow the previous success script.  True original thought is only opened by letting go of “plans”, flying by the seat of your pants, taking cosmic control of life and daring to challenge the preset by asking “What if…?”

     What if …? Now access to Infinity has been achieved.  Finally.  Now one has asked the right question, gained the highest perspective to prepare your PLAN for all Contingencies that could arise.

     What if…? The question that lifts Humans to the level of Creator by opening the door of Imagination and Limitless Potential and Possibility.  This and this concept alone is what separates us from other thinking/feeling species.  There simply aren’t enough of us asking this question.  Too many Humans choose to follow a half-formed “plan” believing the illusion of a plan will automatically lead to success.

    It might.  But whose success? Yours? No, of course not.  You’re just following someone else’s path to the multiple successes that came before.

     What if…? The words parents wearing full blinders dread to hear on the lips of their children. You know those parents, the ones who believe that working for a living is everything and the use of imagination is terrifying because then they might actually have to take responsibility for the choices they made for themselves and their families.  

     What if…?  The words that are encouraged by parents with open minds to help their children realise their maximum potential.  Those beautiful words that mean their children have the ability to lift themselves out of any situation and imagine themselves somewhere else.  Being whatever they choose.  The ability to think for themselves rather than follow some preset path and “plan”.

What if?  What if…? What if?

Until one takes your “plan” to the next level or begins your “plan” with the mind expanding imaginative expanse of creationism that comes from turning the “What if…?” key in the locked door of Infinite Possibilities, your “plan” blinders remain intact. Then one is at the mercy of “God”, “Devil”, “Good”, “Evil” or any other spiritual and cosmic limitations and reactions of choices we like to think of as Free Will, Fate, Destiny, Serendipity and choice actionary.  By stating out loud the cosmic laughter inducing statement of “I’ve got a plan!”, we hope you either begin or follow with “What if…?”.


October 30, 2022 23:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.