Poisoned,betrayed,and dying

Written in response to: Write a story inspired by the phrase “I’ll eat my hat.”... view prompt

31 comments

Fantasy Romance Teens & Young Adult

The smell of fresh air filled my lungs,easing my conscious as I step out onto the balcony.It had been a stressful day full of work and meaningless questions as well as brunettes whom act blonde when I call them into the office.It being late evening now of course,the day was over,I looked forward to laying beside my wife yet again tonight.Her sweet soft scent of lingering conditioner coated the bed sheets as we fell asleep under the covers,allowing me to feel peaceful as we go to sleep.She would leave the door to the balcony open,so when she walked out of the hot shower,she walked into a nice,cool room,relieving her of any lingering warmth against her skin.I think about her beautiful flowing black hair as well as her dark blue eyes,framing her face perfectly with her freckles and darkened tan.

”Hey” I turn around to such a sweet familiar voice,almost a whisper,echoing across the hotel room we stayed in.I turn around to her angelic face as I reply back,walking slowly over to her.I then stop in front of her,cupping her chin as I gently kiss her lips,sweet and soft,like her skin.”Hey…” I whisper back gently as I lean down,touching my forehead to hers while I hold her by the waist.Her

loosened shirt and biker shorts made is easy to hold on to her,slowly dancing across the room in the silence.She giggled,sounding so joyous as I swooped her up,holding her legs with one hand,and holding the rest of her with my other hand.

She wrapped her left hand around my neck,gently as I lowered her onto the bed,covering her up with the silky smooth covers.”I love you” She whispered into my ear as I kissed her again,her words tickled my ear as I brushed lingering hair out of her face,caressing her face.And then I proceed to the right side of the bed.”I love you too” I say,tucking myself beneath the sheets as I keep eye contact with her,laying my head down across from hers on our huge pillow.

Slowly getting sleepy, thinking of how she loved me just as modestly as I loved her. I can't believe we had been together five years, married, and have no kids, well except for Max. Wich technically didn't count, because he's a dog, or more specifically a Saint Bernard. Yes, exactly the dog you thinking of,the very special dog that wears a barrel of whiskey, rescuing people in the snow, plenty active, and very, very expensive. He just sat there looking at me with that very same expression he gives me each night. He sat there on all fours, giving sort of an i'm-not-messing-around expression, staring straight into my eyes with his pathetic-looking teary eyeballs and sniffling nose.

"go to bed max, your not getting in this bed” I said, calmly shooing Max away with my hand, and then my hand dropped. “What hell is going on?” I said quietly murmuring as I slowly felt the rest of my hand go numb, then my legs, then my other hand, and then I felt cold…I felt something touch my torso.”Suprise” She said, her voice was no longer joyous, her nails didn't brush my skin softly, and her touch went from fragile and precious to hard,even concrete-like. She turned me over and stared into my eyes,I tried to reply ,my mouth wouldn't open, my eyes went into a sudden blur, leaving me hazed in confusion. Then I saw it, her eyes glowed a vibrant green, not the soft subtle blue they were, it was more like an emerald green, glistening on the surface as the sun set below the trees in the distance.

Her smile turned dangerous and smug as her fingertips pierced my skin, leaving me in piercing pain as I realize her nails grew to the size of a razor blade. Max then immediately wandered his way on over to the left side of the bed, where she was still under the covers.” C’mon Max, we got the money we needed, he didn't sign the prenup” her voice was cold,leaving an eerie echo in her voice as she spoke each word. When I looked over to her side of the bed where Max was, he wasn't a saint Bernard anymore…his once soft, lovable fur became rugged,and black,looking slick on the surface as the nightlight hit his skin. His eyes seemed to turn from golden to a bright crimson color, highlighting his huge fatigue and tail. His paws turned from a dark brown to almost a stone tone, and as he walked he left tiles in paw shapes.

" Sorry, I gotta go” she caressed my numb face, leaving nothing but a stinging pain as well as agitation, she got up from the bed. Her beautifully tanned skin slowly turned pale, like the snowy surface during late fall or early winter. She pet Max, I guess rewarding him for doing such a good job, and then went to the fridge, in the kitchen just across from our bedroom. She pulled out a cauterized arm. Max then swallowed it as the leaking blood slowly bled onto the marble floor.”Don't worry, he won't eat you, I told him not to” She said, with the very same smug expression from earlier as she watched Max devour the entire arm in just two minutes.

"Good boy, are you ready to head out while he takes the blame for all these body parts hidden in the back of the fridge?” she said as she looked at me, smiling now sheepishly. I wanted to yell “Hell no!” but somehow she had poisoned me, and even now I feel it spreading throughout my body,I was slowly dying while she decided whether to watch me die or leave with Max (who you might as well say is a nightmare from hell). She stared at me for only a moment, hands on her hips, shifting her weight and giving a questioning expression as she stared at me.”Alright, let's head out bud” She and Max seemed almost careless as she gracefully walked out the door after picking up the suitcase below our bed.

She flipped her hair confidently as she looked back, grinning and motioning for Max to follow. And he did as I watched helplessly…


April 18, 2023 19:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

31 comments

22:17 Sep 19, 2023

Im thinking about doing an ALice in Wonderland Rhyme scene but if i do,it will be VERY long :T

Reply

Show 0 replies
Larissa Araujo
19:57 Sep 19, 2023

This excerpt is very interesting :)

Reply

22:16 Sep 19, 2023

SAM SAM/LARISSA!!! OMG HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Reply

Larissa Araujo
00:21 Sep 21, 2023

Hiiii Dakotah, the story you write I will always be here following, my little one 🤍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
12:37 Sep 21, 2023

And that is why i love you Larissa :)

Reply

12:38 Sep 22, 2023

I will be releasing a AABB pattern rhyme scheme about wonderland soon!

Reply

Larissa Araujo
20:13 Sep 22, 2023

the excerpt you posted about Alice was wonderful, full of details and I loved it, you have talent, my little one !!

Reply

15:37 Sep 24, 2023

Thank you M'lady i'm debating between horror or Medieval next he he he.I may switch over to rhyming stories,like the one about Alice,i have not decided yet though.

Reply

15:50 Sep 24, 2023

or perhaps make some childrens stories based upon anyones request,please try to help the others find my account on here if they would like to read my stories,you and Twerp are the only ones who have read them so far xD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Vicente Batista
19:46 Sep 19, 2023

It seems interesting to me

Reply

14:20 Apr 17, 2024

Any idea about any red flags I should look for?

Reply

Vicente Batista
15:25 Apr 17, 2024

Don't worry too much, you have everything to work out, both respecting each other has everything to work out

Reply

Vicente Batista
15:28 Apr 17, 2024

I believe he has the same intentions as you

Reply

15:43 Apr 17, 2024

I'm glad you believe that,thanks

Reply

Vicente Batista
17:20 Apr 17, 2024

You're welcome, you're a nice girl, I'm sure he knows that

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.