0 comments

Romance Fantasy Drama

Blood... There was blood all around the place... The place was wrecked and tattered bodies lay across the floor... The weapons beside them marred with their blood and that of their enemies.

A young man rushed in. His armor and clothes torn and his skin full of cuts and bruises. For a second he froze at the sight "No..." He dropped his sword and ran over to a couple. "Please... Please... Tell me I'm not too late..." Upon reaching them he fell on his knees, checking for a pulse. "No... Mother... Father..." Tears streamed down his cheeks as blood dripped from his hair matted with it. "Why? Don't leave me." 

A pulse... His heart filled with hope. He started transferring his manna to them to heal them. Suddenly he changed his technique. "Dad... I know I promised not to use this technique until I was sure I was strong enough but..." A tear slid down his cheek. "I would rather die trying to save you then not try at all."

At that moment his guards came in. His mentor heard what he said. "No! Crown prince, you can't you must live on!" His mentor tried to stop the prince but...

"Stand down! That's an order!" His eyes flashed into his wolf's. "Arden! Go get the mages! The rest of you lent me your manna." The guards had no choice but to listen the crown prince had used his alpha authority.

Meanwhile not far hid two young women.

 "Okay, Ariel. I think we got all the civilians to safety. Let's go."

"Wait, Diana. Look over there." Ariel pointed towards the crown prince. "Isn't that the sacred healing spell of our race? For the dark race to attempt this they'd need someone more skilled and powerful. At this point they'll all die..."

Diana look over to them. "Yes, however that's the royal court of Moon Blossom. We can't get involved with all the ruckus of the Dark Golden Formation. We'll get killed!

Then the mages rushed with Aiden to the location of the prince. Ariel looked at them and back to Diana. "Sister..." She smiled. "You rush to warn our families to prepare for attacks. I'll try to stop everything from this side!" Before Diana could even protest, Ariel jumped down to follow the mage troops. 

I hope this wasn't a wrong decision. When will the meaningless bloodshed between our races end. I took a deep breath as we arrived. I could die because of this... But... Letting the innocent suffer isn't right... 

"Hey, Mage! Why aren't you healing!" The prince's mentor yelled. Ariel took a deep breath and walked towards the prince. "Hey, what're you doing! Step away from the prince!" All eyes were on them both now.

"Light domain... Flora reinforcement..." Ariel chanted before anyone attack. A protection barrier appeared around her and the prince. She placed her hands on his shoulders and lent him her manna. "Spell of flora and spell of light, bless us with the energy of live. Strength level five." 

The magic circle of the spell glowed white. Ariel fainted but the prince caught her before she hit the ground. 

"Are we really keeping the girl?" One of the council members asked. "I think she should be killed. She could be a spy."

"But many of the people were saved by her. We have to show gratitude." "But the heavenly race has always been the dark races enemy. We have evidence that the heavenly race was behind this massacre." "Yes, the girl could be a spy for all we knew. We should've joined the dark alliance."

The prince growled in annoyance. "No one is killing the girl. She might be the key to my parents awakening. And perhaps to our defense. However..." The prince's aura turn ice cold. "for those who murdered our kind in cold blood... I'll make sure to kill them... We'll join the alliance "

"But your highness! The dark alliance wants to destroy all of heavenly race." half of them pleaded. 

"Good! They're all conceited anyways. They didn't care about us. Why should we about them?" The prince answered

"But some of them are our families as well. Please think this over your highness"

"I want blood. All I care about is killing those responsible for the death of my people. However their relatives might come after us so... I guess we'll have to kill them all." 

"But the Queen and King wouldn't agree." The prince clenched his fist.

"And look where that got them! Look where it got us!" The prince was furious but on the inside he was broken. His parents were the only ones who truly loved him.

The other council members weren't happy that the girl had been spared however they were glad to hear that they'd be joining the Dark Alliance. They had conspired with the prince's cousin to be able to join it.  

"We need to kill the girl. She could wake up the queen and king. Then it'll all be over for us. If she dies then crown prince will risk his life again to awake his parents." They all planned evilly.

When Ariel woke up and heard about the news she rushed to stand up. She lost balance and fell face flat on the floor. "Ouch." 

"So you're awake." Ariel looked up to see the prince. She stood up and shook him. "Please tell me you aren't actually joining the Dark Alliance." He pushed her lightly away. "We'll talk about that later. My parents first." He shewed her over to his parents.

Ariel looked at them closely. "The spell didn't work?" She inspected them closely and saw light markings on their bodies. "Wait..." She used her magic to check. "This... Is terrible... Why would the angel tribe work together with the dark alliance to curse them?"

The prince scrunched his eyebrows. "What? How can that be? But can you cure them?" Ariel thought deeply about it.

"I'm not sure... It's complicated. Until I'm sure I'd have to keep healing them using that spell." Ariel nodded. "Then do it."

"Mhm, Okay but on one condition. Don't massacre innocent people of the heavenly tribe. I didn't save you all just to do that."

He rose his eyebrow. "Princess, you are in no way in a position to make a deal."

"I don't care if you kill me or not. But you should. Because I'm the only hope to waking up your parents. Making me a big target to those who want you three dead. I saved you hoping to somehow end bloodshed from this side... Not to see the destruction of my people quickened, you know?" She sat on the bed closing her eyes. "Please your highness... Just... Don't kill flora tribe... After me and my sisters got kicked out from the light mage tribe, they took us in... I wouldn't have been here with you if it was't for them..."

"I..." He looked down and clenched his fists. "I won't... If they have nothing to do with the massacre." 

"You do know that flora tribe will probably be their first target, right?"

"Why do you think that? They aren't the main force."

 "Precisely, It's one of the weakest however it's one of the most crucial. Its killing two bird with one stone."

"I still stand with my first point. I won't kill them if they have nothing to do with the massacre. Or aren't helping them." Ariel glared at him. "You!" She sighed "Look. You can't kill a whole tribe just because one of them did something bad."

"So I should just... Let the bad guys get away?"

"No, but... We can find them and bring them to the international court for murdering a neutral tribe."

"Why can't they just take care of it now then?"

Ariel laughed. "Because they have many affairs to handle, silly. They do handle matters of all the continents after all."

"I don't know... I mean I don't want to disappoint my parents but... I don't even know if you're a spy or who to trust... Plus you were asleep for many weeks... I've already signed the contract and sent troops over..."

Ariel's eyes widened. "What! You could've told me earlier! No, no, no. I have to help! I'm going!" She was about to run but the prince caught her. "No, you're healing my parents. How about we compromise?"

Ariel glared at him. "Compromise? Compromise me how, princey? All my dead family?"

The prince wanted to flinch a bit but kept his composure. "No... I was thinking of a blood oath. You promise to keep my parents alive until they've been cured and I promise to stop my troops." He summoned a knife and cut his palm

Ariel shook her head. "Blood oath? With a wolf? No, no, no, no, no. No way. "

The prince rose his eyebrow. "Why not? Have you been lying to me?"

She shook her head. "No. Just keep that thing away from me."

"Scared?" She shook her head. He grabbed her hand but as she struggled he accidentally dropped the knife.

It cut Ariel's wrist and their bloods's mixed. "No!" Ariel slapped him. But she felt it come back towards her tenfold. "Ouch! Gosh Dang it! couldn't you listen to me for once!"

"Princess. You just hit a prince, you know?" His eyes showed his wolf's. "Why are you so upset anyway..." 

"Because!" She sighed. "You know what we'll talk about that later. Just call of the troops, before you actually die."

 And cause me horrible pain. She thought.

The prince called back his troops but raised his eyebrows. "Cause you pain? By the way what's your name?"

"My name's Ariel Light. You? Also you better hope you weren't too late. Or I'm gonna lecture you to death." 

"Well my men said they didn't see any civilians. They were busy battling the Cresent Moon pack. Apparently the civilians had been evacuated but... One of the demon tribe did gravely injure the king and queen." He looked down. "I'm sorry about that..."

Ariel sighed and petted his head. "It's fine, I guess. Now that you drew back. You'll have to prepare for battle against the Dark Golden Formation. I guess I'll help."

"Why? Aren't the queen and king like your parents? By the way my name is Remie Blossom"

"Yes, however you accidentally started a blood bond with me, Remie. So whether I like it or not you are my mate. I know my family wouldn't want me to hurt myself. So they wouldn't mind."

"Wait a blood bond. But that's not how it works. There's a whole ritual for that. "

 Ariel clicked her tongue. "Usually, yes. However a long time ago I was cursed that if my blood mixed with a male's during a blood oath I would start a blood bond."

His eyes widened. "You're kidding. Aren't you a powerful mage? You couldn't cancel it?"

Ariel shook her head. "Blood curses are already a pain in the ass. Combine that with a powerful skilled mage and they're almost invincible. Even after all these years I could only change it to someone who would like me and who I'd like."

"Oh, So... you likes me, huh? Well I guess you are pretty and fun to tease" Remie smiled

She bit her lip. "Emm, Maybe just a teensy weeny bit." He removed Ariel's lip from her teeth with his thumb.

"Don't do that... or..." Remie trailed of in his thoughts. 'Wait, what. Why am I this bothered?'

Ariel blushed. "You might wanna put up a mind block." She coughed. "Keep those erotic thoughts to yourself." Remi gave her a look . "So you can see..." He send a bunch of spicy scenes to her.

"That's it! I'm out! I'm gonna try to find a cure and you're gonna start planning your defense strategies." Ariel got out the door and closed it. 'Maybe I'll help you plan another time. I just can't handle being in a room with you right now' 

May 22, 2021 05:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.