0 comments

Fiction Horror Thriller

"What do u think about this Noah?" she asks as she stares at the night sky.

"Hmmmm....I wonder." he replies.

"I've never really realized that the sky is so beautiful until now."she says.

"Maybe it's cuz we've been always so busy with our college and lives." Noah replies.

"If I had known about things turning out like this I would've just enjoyed my life."

Emily speaks as remorse fills up her face. "I wonder if there's a heaven where he misses me as much as I miss him"

"He must've forgotten about u already cuz he's involved with happier things now." Noah gives hopes to Emily and laughs it off.

The room is filled with silence and broken hearts.No hope.No signs of even the slightest of light.

"Goodnight Emily."

"Same to u."

As she turns her head towards the book in her hands,she unconsciously bursts into tears.

"I wonder what life would've been with all of us togather,happy...." Emily ponders over this thought when she realises that none of this was fated.Only if someone had predicted this,life would've been better.

As she falls asleep,Noah gets up to get her blanket and stares at her present condition.

"How did everything turn out like this? How much hope is left out there for us."he stares outside.

"Death would've been better than this suffering.I wonder if everyone's happy"

He sleeps with this thought.

The next morning the two of them wake up with a loud bang.

"Huff ...Huff...what's that??!??" Emily panics.

"We've gotta go find someplace safer.Hurry get ur essentials we're leaving."Noah immediately suggests.

The two of them go out only to find themselves in darkness.They look around and Emily says,"What's this?How is this possible? Noah ? Tell me how is this even possible.After all this suffering, I can't believe that's how it's going to be." 

*2 weeks ago*

"Emily!! We're late.Come out this instant or I'm going." Ace yells.

"I'm out.For god's sake shush.You're gonna wake up the neighbourhood."

Emily tells ace as she calms him down.

"Honestly I don't know what to do about u. We have to leave." he says.

"Okayy,do u think everyone's already there?"

Ace remains silent.

"I understand I won't be late again sorry."

They reach at the park and see all their friends waiting.

"Late as usual." Ace smirks.

"Yayy, finally Emily come here I have something to show yuuhh." Hanna speaks as she grabs Emily's hand and runs off.

"Girls will be girls." Lucas speaks as he points towards Charlotte.

"Someone needs a beating,huh?"Eva gives death stares to Lucas.

It was a good day.Too good to be ruined.Suddenly there's a loud bang.

Everyone panics.

"Hanna !!!!! What's happening" Emily's screams as the ground bursts.She turns around and finds Hanna under the building shade.The building pillar falls.

Hanna gets buried under the building right Infront of Emily.

Hundreds of people rush out of the building and those who couldn't were left buried in there.

As Emily stands in shock without any hints about her surrounding,she feels someone grab her and take her.When they arrive at the town library,she takes a look at the surrounding.Everyone was rushing.The ground bursted open.Hundreds of people were dying right infront of her.Women,children,all of them within a blink of an eye.

She looks up and finds Ace grabbing her hand.She asks about the whereabouts of the others.

Suddenly the library starts falling.Ace pushes Emily on the road and the building collapses.

Emily is left shocked and doesn't moves on the thought that Ace was buried alive.Just that moment she finds Noah panicking and trying to get someone out of the pillars.

She rushes up to him and hears him scream.

" No, Lucas buddy I'll get u and Charlotte out.Just wait."

Emily grabs Noah up to a flat ground.

It was on a higher ground.They both were in shock as they never expected something like this.

When they look around,they see the whole town burning and broken.

Then she suddenly remembers about others and her family.She tries to reach them by phone but all the service was down.She looks at Noah who was still in shock that the whole town was being destroyed on its own.

Everyone was panicked and were screaming for help.Noah and Emily decided to rush to a place with less people so they could decide their strategy for surviving.Knowing that almost all the town people were buried under the buildings,they couldn't think less about their closed ones.They had to put their personal feelings aside and survive.

*Meanwhile in Harvard university*

"Chief! It's happening earlier than expected.What are your orders?"

"Miss Akira,I need your patience.Everyone calm down.We have overcome many disasters in the past and will continue to."the chief replies despite being aware of the fact that there was not even one single hope of surviving.

"Sir William?What should we do now?"

Chief asks.

"No one expected that the axis will move in this century.Chief Amelia, I think it will be better to die around this time.We won't have to face all the changing weather patterns,earthquakes with magnitudes higher than Valdivia quakes,tsunamis resulting from all it,

Moreover,I think that the Yellowstone might be early too."

Amelia responds,"Is there any slightest hope for humanity?"

Between their hopeless conversation,a sudden bang occurs.

"Chief Amelia,if it is the Yellowstone,ashes will be reaching us and kill us,but there's hope that the other side of this world remains safe."

"It was nice working with all of you.Goodnight."Chief responds to everyone.

Just as she says this,the building collapses as a quake hits the whole city and breaks it apart.

*Back to Germany*

"Noah! The ground is shaking!"

"But there's rarely earthquakes here!"

"It's stopping,was it an aftershock?"

"Maybe."

The whole world was being destroyed.

As if it's the end of the world.Maybe a punishment for our sins.But one thing was clear,no one but humans were responsible for everything.

*Meanwhile in Chinese Academy of sciences*

"O lord!Forgive our sins!"

"Sir zhia,it was expected.Repenting now won't do any good.Everyone should've reduced pollution and avoided global warming.Maybe this way we would've died in peace."she says.

"Miss Juri,it's just how it is.'Zàijiàn' "

The flood fills up the centre and everyone accepts god's will.

As the whole world was in disaster,no one could provide help to anyone.Everyone wanted to live for their own selves.Humans used so much of their natural resources that they had to rely on artificial means of energy.All this lead to the destruction of world.

The earth's axis started to change.This caused major climatic changes,earthquakes,floods,storms.

Everything in this beautiful world has been destroyed in the blink of any eye.Just because of the fault of one species.One which was superior to any other became the cause of destruction of all.

*Back to Germany*

Noah and Emily both tried to run to someplace where they could get signal to reach their families.As they were passing,they saw a fire brigade truck.They looked into its first aid area and found a radio.The radio said that the whole world was in disaster.

They panicked even more.

"The following areas have been affecte...."

"No Gosh!No!Please don't stop!" Emily screams at the radio.

"It's no use."Noah says hopelessly.

"Why are we still alive! Ace promised to stay by my side then why did he have to leave me!!?" Emily shouts.

As she looks in Noah,she sees tears in his eyes.It was the first time Noah showed his weaknesses.

Judging by the seriousness of the situation,the two moved to the town as soon as the shaking stopped.

They had to gather stuff to survive and a place to stay.They saw everyone stealing the stores.They too rush in and get food,clothes and other necessary stuff.

As they reach outside,they see a car and the keys.Emily picks the keys and hops in the car.They quickly drived out the town.They planned to go to a place which was safer and with less people.Someplace where there would be less destruction if an earthquake strikes,where tsunamis and floods won't reach.

They decided to go to the Wank Mountain.It also had rivers for water.

On their way there,they find a two kids screaming for help.Emily stopped to get them in for they could die.The kids kept crying at the fact that their grandmother was under the roof.

Emily looked at the house and was sure that she couldn't have survived.Noah gets out of the car and grabs the kids and puts them in the car.

"What's your names?" Emily asks politely.

"I'm Oliver.Where's grandma! Please miss u have to save her." he says as he cries.

"Your grandma is in a better place.Its huge and beautiful.Shes so happy right now." Noah says addressing the girl.

"Really sir?" She says.

"Yes so stop weeping,she will be sad to see u crying." Emily says.

"I'm Anna. Who are u guys?", She says.

"I'm Noah and this here is Emily." Noah says.

"Hi kids! We're all gonna go on a roadtrip.Are you guys hungry ? I've got food." Emily replies.

Everyone comforts each other.

They all reach the road leading to mountain.It was landslided.So they planned to go a bit higher on foot so they could camp there safely.

*3 days later*

"Emily!! Wake up please!! Oliver's under the snow!!please wake up" Anna screams as she wakes Emily and Noah.

Noah gets up and gets the two away from the snow.

"What happened here?!" Emily asks.

"It's a landslide.And Oliver's under there!it happened last night." Anna replies.

"Shit! We gotta save him!" Noah runs up there but couldn't find him.

The three of them hopelessly finds him but ended up being disappointed.

They were running out of supplies so they run back to the town.The stores were empty by then.They couldn't find any useful stuff.The nights became longer and a time came when no sun was visible so they decided to move out.

They were traveling to another place when it started snowing.Heavy snowing.Everyone was shivering.

The car tyres ran out.There was no fuel in the car.They decided to wait by the roadside until help.

*2 days later*

Emily was sleeping when she heard Anna screaming,"Help! We've over here! We need help! Noah! there's a car coming come here!!"

Emily gets up to see what's going on.

As she reaches out,she sees Anna standing in middle of the road and a car approaching from the front.

"Emily look! They will help us! We're sav....."

The car came with full speed and crushed Anna and ran off.

"Anna!!!! No!!" Emily screams.

Noah comes and tries to save Anna.Alot of blood had flowed out of her body.

"Will I also go to the beautiful place where Oliver and grandma are?"

Anna speaks with hope and closes her eyes.

"No your fine,please stay alive!!" Noah speaks as he tries to stop her blood.

Anna reaches Emily's finger and looks at her and says,"I wanna be beautiful like you too." And she loses her breath.

Noah and Emily look at each other.Now even the tears can't show the pain they're in.

Now that they were alone,they planned to go to the town on foot.They reached a small house.

They looked into the house.It was a nice house.They decided to stay there.They came into the house and found an old man sitting on the couch.They didn't expect anyone to be alive and just rushed in.They see the old man.

"Hello sir! I'm Noah and this is Emily.We were wondering if you could let us stay." Noah says.

"Hmm...as u see I'm an old man and I can't see.So I won't know how many of u there are.I live alone and I think its better to have some company." He replies.

"Thank u sir, I'm very thankfu..." Emily says when the old man interrupts and says,"but if u are here to kill me,then do so quickly."

"No sir it's not the case." Noah says.

He lets them live with him.

Little did they know that the old man was already very weak and cold.The next morning they find him dead peacefully in a corner of the room.

The two try to get signal but all in vein.There was no electricity left.No signs of life.And no hope for living.

*After 2 days*

They decide to look around.They find a small place near the area and go there in hope of food.On reaching there,they see that the village was abandoned.They decide to stay there.

There were many small quakes everyday.It started getting colder and colder.It kept snowing for days.The sun light barely reached them in the day.They got weak.They knew nothing much about anything.

They leave the town in search of information and reach a huge place.

They see it destroyed.All the buildings were destroyed.Everything was burnt down in the ground.

Who could've expected that this was how the world would end.

Tired and hopeless,they search places for hope of life.

They reach the Astronomical Calculation Institute (Heidelberg University).They planned to look inside for information.

They find many corpses buried in the snow.They reach the research room and search it thoroughly.They find articles related to global warming,pollution,end of natural resources and expected date of disasters.

They planned to stay at the university for a while for more information.

*Present day*

"Are we actually buried under the snow?!?" Emily asks.

"Where's the sky!! We're buried!!!"

Noah screams.

Suddenly the ground shakes.

"Emily looks at Noah and says,"I can finally go rest with others.I hope we meet in the next life.You've been supporting me and I'm thankful."

"Don't say this we will survive,we lived till now" Noah says.

"After all this,I don't think I have any hope for living anymore." Emily says as she looks at her book in which she drew Ace.

"It's been a good life,goodnight Noah."

'Crashhhhhhhhh!!!!!booommmm!!!'

2338 words

Black rose~~

June 05, 2021 09:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.