0 comments

Fantasy Drama Adventure

It was no ordinary day in the kingdom of Avalon, the council of Battle was sitting in the war room preparing for the worst war in their century as the kingdom of Alavandar tried to invade them. The king sat at the head of the war table looking over scroll after scroll trying to find some way to stop this war before it got any worse than it already had. His manservant to his right turned to him, "Would you like some tea, M'lord?" He asked quizzically. The king turned to his manservant and smiled a tired smile at him, "Yes, that would be nice thank you." The king replied in a tired voice. The manservant exited the war room and came back just a couple of minutes later with a pot of tea and a teacup, he poured the tea into the cup and set it next to the king. One of the council members spoke up, "M'lord, we should attack them before they can attack us." Then the king's right-hand man stood up, "If we attack them on their estate, we will leave our kingdom defenseless, do you want our people to die?" He replied in a hushed tone. The king listened quietly while they argued for several minutes. Finally getting annoyed by their constant bickering he yelled "Enough! I'm tired of all this arguing! You are both right but we cannot just sit around doing nothing!" The councilwoman across the table from the king cleared her throat, "We should send some troops to scout out what we're dealing with before we make the decision to attack or defend." She finally said after a long pause waiting for everyone to pay attention to her. The king nodded, "That's a good idea, Commander Zilo should send his troops to scout out the enemy." He replied. Commander Zilo stood up from his seat next to the king's right hand and bowed "Yes, M'lord." He said right before turning towards the door and heading out to go round up some men for the scouting. The king turned to his right hand, Julius. "You make sure that the barrier has enough scouts there too in case they come sooner than we expect." Julius nodded, "Yes, Sire." Then he got up and left the room. The king then turned to his manservant Julio. "Please fetch me my lunch, I'll be here for a while." Julio nodded and left the room. He turned to Jessica, the only woman on the council. "You make an attack plan and a defense plan. We will need both depending on how well everything goes." She nodded and exited the room also. The king picked up his glass of tea and drank it all before Julio made it back into the room with his lunch. Seeing the king's cup empty he poured him another glass of tea. After rummaging through the scrolls for what seemed like hours, Julius came back into the room and waited to be noticed by the king. The king looked up from his scrolls after a moment of Julius standing there, "How long have you been there? And what's the status report?" He questioned. Julio came over with a scroll that he had been holding and gave it to the king, "We have 45 scouts on the wall, and 25 soldiers standing by." He replied. The king looked over the scroll then looked back at Julius, "Only 25 soldiers?" He asked quizzically. Julius nodded, "Commander Zilo is rounding up the rest currently to have them stand guard, and he's taking 15 of them for the scouting mission." The king nodded, "Seems reasonable, don't want to have too many soldiers scouting the enemy if they get attacked less likely we'll lose everyone." Julius nodded and headed back out the door leaving the king to his thoughts and scrolls. Shortly after Julius left, Jessica came back into the war room to show the king her defense and offense strategies the king approved. It now being night time the king got up out of the chair he was sitting in for so long, grabbed the scrolls, and headed to bed. The next day, the scout team was ready to depart and were saying goodbye to their families and the king. Once they had left the king had gone around the kingdom making sure every measurement they put into place was effective and working. Then he went back into the war room after a few hours and read over the scrolls once again. The day after that the scouts had returned and no one was gone or missing, the king was grateful for that. The commander walked up to the king and bowed. "M'lord, it looks like only half the army from the kingdom of Alavandar is there so it's not a full-scale attack, but I think we should still be on the lookout for the other half of the army cause they could be falling behind." The king nodded at this, "We'll have to beef up security, and call for a draft to the army." The king went back to the war room to write up the draft for at least 1 man to come from the household and then gave it to his personal messenger that sent out messages from the king to the public. Once he felt a little reassured that the kingdom would be somewhat protected he went off into a blissful sleep. The next day the kingdom of Alavandar invaded the kingdom of Avalon and were pushed back by how quickly they managed to get the soldiers together for an all-out war, as everyone in the kingdom was required to take some training from the army as part of their part to live there they already knew how to fight. They went into an all-out war over several weeks before either side saw any light of day, the kingdom of Alavandar had fallen to the kingdom of Avalon by the end of the war. Both sides lost many good men, that they both mourned.

January 14, 2022 23:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.