0 comments

Thriller

It's all so strange. I've been assigned this special case but none of it makes a lick of sense. I've been working on this case for about two days now but still I have no clues that lead up to the murder who committed these strange deaths. All the victims have had their hearts ripped from their chest. Yet, there is no entre wound nor an exit wound.

"Agent Schonert may I have a word with you?" Chief Peters asked.

"Yeah, what do you want to talk about?" I sat there at my desk nervously looking at the chief. When the chief talks to you it's most likely not a good thing.

"I want to talk to you about the case you're working. Do you have any leads on who this murder might be? The families of the victims aren't happy with the progress of the case, so please tell me you've got something." Chief Peters explained.

"No, ma'am. I haven't got anything yet but I'm working as hard as I can to get some clues on who the killer is and why they we kill these specific people." As soon as I said that I regretted it. I knew the chief didn't want to hear that we've got no leads or clues.

"So, You're tell me we've got NOTHING!" Chief Peters yelled in frustration.

"Yes, ma'am. But if you give me a little more time I'll figure it out." It felt like I practically begged her for more time.

"You have three more days agent Schonert but that's it!" Chief Peters said in a stern tone of voice.

I sat back down at my desk and flipped through the autopsy reports but nothing seemed to connect. How can I figure out a case that doesn't make any sense at all? It feels like this case doesn't want to be solved.

Suddenly I opened the file on my computer with all of the victims family that we've talked to. I felt like there had to be something here. There just had to be! While I had listened to the interviews with the families this sudden static noise cut out all of the sound. I could swear I heard a voice in the static.

I ran the static through a process which broke the static down into bits of sounds that created a voice. The voice was male an it was deep and rough.

The voice had spoke "Lou Belmont".

The name had sounded very familiar. I ran the name through name database and it turns that Lou Belmont was brutally murdered in this very town.

Lou Belmont was murdered a couple months before these killings had began. I looked back into the victims files and it turned out that the victims were the last people to see Lou Belmont alive. Could the victims have killed Mr. Belmont and then his sprit come back to kill him? This sounds crazy, absolutely crazy.

As I looked at the file, I came across one other person who had been with the other victims when they saw Mr. Belmont. The thing this person isn't dead. So, if this whole spirt thing is real then she is in danger.

I have to find a Megan Smallwood. I looked through the name database to find Megan Smallwood's address and to my luck it actually isn't that far away.

I quickly got into my car and was headed to The Smallwood house. As soon as I got there I heard a bloodcurdling scream. I ran into the house to find Megan on floor.

"Megan?" I shook her until she opened her eyes.

"You have to help me! He's after me! He gonna kill because of what we did to him!" Megan cried out hysterically.

"Megan, I need you to stay behind and tell me where he went. Whatever you do STAY behind me!" I told her and she nodded.

"He is in the Bathroom. I locked him in there but you can't let him out he'll kill both of us!" She cried out even more.

"I don't really know how to kill a spirt but I'm guess you have to burn the bones like in those supernatural shows. So, you are going to have to come with me to the morgue because this vengeful spirt is after you and I am pretty sure it's not going to sop until you're dead." I told her as I helped her get to my car.

The ride to the morgue was quieter than I had expected. As soon as I got into the morgue and found the body Megan was shaking with fear.

"It's okay I promise. I'm going to save you from this." After I had said that Megan was being thrown across the room by the spirt of Mr. Belmont.

I quickly Pulled out my lighter and looked from something close to gasoline. The spirt had grabbed one of the scalpels from the table and came after Megan.

I finally found something close to gasoline and lit the body on fire. The spirt of Mr. Belmont had gone into flames and then disappeared.

"Are you okay?" I asked Megan.

"I think so. Thank you!" Megan said in relief.

The next few days I had to make some odd fake story for the case. Megan had came into the police station to confess to the police about what her and the other victims had done to Mr. Belmont. After that everything went back to normal and all I can say is that was the strangest case I had ever worked. This will be my paranormal secret that I have to keep.

January 12, 2020 04:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.