Bloody Endings (Pick a Path)

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write a story about a character who gets lost at a carnival or festival.... view prompt

14 comments

Adventure

You can’t believe what's happened to you, you are lost in the middle of a carnival. It is completely empty and a 6 metre thick, 20 metre high concrete wall surrounds you. Everyone in the world has forgotten all about you, to sum it up, you’re trapped. As you get ready to give up you notice two suspicious looking paths, could they get you out of here? One goes under the Ferris wheel and the other goes past the roller coaster. You think for a moment, which one should you take?


  1. Under the Ferris wheel - Page 1
  2. Past the roller coaster - Page 2



Page 1


You slowly walk down the path, you feel like someone’s watching you. Pushing the feeling off, you walk on, and the darkness grows around you. The Ferris Wheel is getting closer and closer with each step… Soon you find yourself walking under it. The path splits in two, one way goes off into the night and the other goes up the Ferris wheel… Which do you take?


  1. The one to darkness - Page 4
  2. The one up the Ferris Wheel- Page 6



Page 2


You walk down the path and past the roller coaster, nothing unnatural is going on. That was until you hear rustling in the bushes, a knife flies at you, only just missing it’s target. Your blood runs cold, are they going to kill you? You consider what you could do…


  1. Confront this creature-Page 3
  2. Run-Page 5


Page 3


“Come out!” You cry boldly, nothing. “Come out!” You cry again, thunk! A Dagger flys from the bushes hitting you in the heart. You crumple to the fall, dead.


THE END.


Page 4


You decide it’s best just to walk into the darkness, the Ferris wheel is pretty weird anyway. Soon it gets really dark and you are struggling to see. All you can make out is the figure of a cave and the path continuing into the darkness… Which do you take?


  1. The Cave- Page 7
  2. Continue on the path- Page 8



Page 5


You run, as fast as your legs can carry you. You hear footsteps behind you but don’t look back. You don’t stop running till you know you’ve lost them, then you look around. There is a cave on one side of you and a river on the other… Which do you take?

  1. The Cave- Page 7
  2. The River- Page 9



Page 6


You climb up the Ferris Wheel, maybe you might spot an exit at the top. When you reach the top you look around, there it is! There’s an exit. If you just walk North you will reach this exit and escape. Suddenly the wheel begins to creak, then it begins to collapse. You see two exits to the wheel, one is short but unstable the other is long but stable. You consider time and risk… Which do you take?


  1. The short one- Page 10
  2. The long one-Page 11



Page 7


You enter the cave and shiver, it’s cold as ice. You walk for a while and soon get tired, you want to sleep but you also want to continue… What will you do?


  1. Go to sleep-Page 12
  2. Continue through the cave-Page 13



Page 8


You have been walking on this path for a long time now. You stop to take a quick brake, twang! An arrow zooms past you, missing by an inch. You are scared but brave at the same time, should you confront this creature?


  1. Yes- Page 3
  2. No, run down the path- Page 14



Page 9


You dive into the murky deeps of the river, something doesn't feel right. You hear a splash as a creature dives into the water and begins swimming after you. You see a waterfall a bit further up and think of the creature behind you…


  1. Swim down the WaterFall- Page 15
  2. Swim at the creature- Page 16



Page 10


You race down the short exit, you aren’t taking your chances. ‘Go North, Go North,’ you repeat the words in your head over and over again. You hear a sudden screech as your exit collapses, taking you down with it. Oh well. I guess dead men tell no tales.


THE END.


Page 11


No matter how little time you have you just can’t go across the unsteady one. You run down the long exit as fast as you can, ‘Go North, Go North,’ you keep repeating to yourself. The wheel gives a final jolt as it topples over, with a final leap you land on the platform and collapse in a heap. Now do you go North or take a different route?


  1. Go North- Page 17
  2. Go in a different direction-18



Page 12


You've had a long day, it’s best to go to sleep and continue tomorrow. You slowly shut your eyes and drift off… When you wake up everything is the same. Now what do you do?


  1. Continue through the cave-19
  2. Exit the cave-20



Page 13


Who on earth would go to sleep in a cave when creatures could come in and kill you? You pinch yourself to stay awake, how clever you are. Soon you find yourself at the mouth of the cave, you take a step outside… And a monster greets you with it’s jaws.


THE END.


Page 14


You bolt down the path at top speed, the creature runs behind you, you spot a clearing up ahead, you can continue running down the path or try to run to the go carts.


  1. Continue running down the track-Page 21
  2. Go to the go carts - Page 22



Page 15


You swim towards the waterfall, knowing you are going to get crushed. It’s still better than getting killed by this creature though. Splash! You topple over the edge of the falls… But surprisingly survive, not only that, you find yourself floating through a hole in the wall. You are free of this Carnival at last.


THE END.


Page 16 


You decide to try your luck with the creature, taking a deep breath you swim at it. You instantly regret your decision, the creature pulls a pair of talons out and rips open your chest.


THE END.


Page 17


You will stay North. As you descend into the bushes an uneasy feeling washes another you. You push it off, you have an important task to do, you won’t be sidetracked. You walk all day before finally coming to the exit… Unfortunately it’s guarded by strange creatures with sharp teeth. GOODBYE WORLD.


THE END.


Page 18


You decide to go in a different direction, you never know what might be at the door. You aren't going North and you have come from South so that leaves you with two options… Which do you take?


  1. West- Page 23
  2. East-Page 24



Page 19


You decide it’s best to stay in this safe cave, what could possibly happen? You walk deeper into the cave and spot two tunnels, time to choose which path to go on…


  1. The one on the left-Page 25
  2. the one on the right-Page 26



Page 20


This cave gives you the creeps, it’s probably best just to move on. What is a cave doing in the middle of a carnaval anyway? You walk outside and freeze, the ground is covered in bones… You try to ignore them, probably some prank that someone once put here. Then out of the corner of your eye, you spot a sign… It reads ‘exit.’ It could be a trap but… Maybe not.


  1. Follow the sign-Page 27
  2. Stick to the path-Page 28



Page 21


You can’t trust that the go karts, they might not be as safe as they look. Instead you continue down the track, the creature is gaining on you. You pick up the pace, you're losing them! Then, disaster! You take a turn and find yourself in a maze, you try to run from the creature but soon you reach a dead end… And also your death.


THE END.


Page 22


You run up to the go karts knowing the creature will catch you soon, you need to hide. When you reach the karts two thoughts come to mind, you can only take one…


  1. Drive a go kart into the creature-Page 29
  2. Try to escape in a go kart-Page 30



Page 23


You go West, the sun beams down on you as you walk. You soon begin to wonder if North was the only hole, soon you try to get there. Unfortunately you find yourself walking in circles, you don’t notice the landmarks around you that you keep passing: Merry go round, Swing Bridge, Merry go round, creature… Wait what! 


THE END.


Page 24


You go east. It's a bit cold but you can cope with that. After about an hour of walking you spot a hole in the wall! You are about to run out when you notice it’s argued by creatures, there is also a clearing with no creatures but you don’t have a clue where it will take you.


  1. Take a risk with the creatures-Page 31
  2. Take a risk with the clearing-Page 32
  3. Go back the way you came-Page 33


Page 25


You go left, as you go through the tunnel you begin to feel like something is about to happen. Something did happen, something good. You were walking along when you saw sunlight, you had just walked under the wall. You are free!


THE END.


Page 26


Right will most likely be right, right? You walk down the tunnel feeling confident, until you begin to see bones lining the floor… You are in the lair of a beast. You turn to run when bang! You run straight into it, the beast picks you up and puts you in a pot. You won’t be here for long, beasts eat intruders for breakfast!


THE END


Page 27


Who wouldn’t follow a sign that will free you from a carnival? You begin to run excitedly, not noticing the rope on the ground. The next thing you know you are stuck in a net, creatures emerge from the bushes. Each of them holds a knife, you try to think of something clever to say but you don’t get a chance before you have been stabbed into a million pieces.


THE END.


Page 28


You stick to the path, you don’t trust that sign. You walk all day but soon see a ladder that will climb over the wall. You begin to climb the ladder thinking about what you will say to your friends about escaping when Snap! The ladder breaks and you tumble to your death.


THE END.


Page 29


You drive the go kart at the creature, it’s time to destroy this beast. However you don’t stand a chance, the creature swipes it’s talons at the kart and you blow up in a ball of smoke.


THE END.


Page 30


You drive at top speed away from the creature, soon it is out of sight. You drive on and soon come to an opening, your jaw drops. There is a door, you stop the car and walk over to it. You open the door and there, in front of you is a news report congratulating you on your escape!


THE END.


Page 31


You decide to take a risk with the creatures, CHANCES OF DEATH- HIGH. You run towards them screaming and hoping you might live. Much to your surprise the creatures don’t flich, they are pictures. The real ones must have put them there to scare off intruders. With a glowing face you run out of the carnival.


THE END.


Page 32


You run down to the clearing hoping the creatures haven’t seen you. Twang! An arrow hits you in the heart and you crumple to the floor in agony. Creatures come out of the bushes surrounding you, your blood is their victory.


THE END


Page 33


You run, thankfully no creatures see you, a minute later you begin to slow. The sun is ruthless, you are cooking in the heat. Soon you can’t move at all, you coalpase in a heap and burn. About a year later all that remains of you is a single rotten bone.


THE END.



May 11, 2021 06:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

Blue Green
07:59 May 11, 2021

Yay, I escaped! Great idea, haven't done one of these for a long time :-)

Reply

Chase .
03:11 May 12, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
05:32 May 14, 2021

Yes, well I died.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Arwen Dove
07:35 May 11, 2021

This is great! I love your ideas! I ended up on pg 15. I survived!!! Woah! Only just missed certain death. Amazing story!

Reply

Chase .
07:35 May 11, 2021

Thanks :)

Reply

Arwen Dove
07:38 May 11, 2021

Enjoyed reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maraika!!! 😎
05:11 May 19, 2021

Ha, this is awesome! l lived, which is nice. I feel like you chould've added more of a twist to it when, for example, on the second page you could choose: 1. Confront this creature-Page 3 2. Run-Page 5 Instead of dying when you picked number 1, Maybe spice it up and make it that you met a killer named Sam and he took you back to his cavren where you meet these crazy band of bikers or something. It's hard writing a choose your path when you only have 3000 words, so it's just a suggestion if you ever write like a full on novel :)

Reply

Chase .
03:13 May 20, 2021

Thanks for the feedback! I probably could have done that. Thank you! :)

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
22:41 May 21, 2021

No problem! I tell my brothers choose your path stories when we go camping and the story can get either super random, super funny, super scary, or all three, so I'm a fan of the "Surpise! Some weird crap suddenly happened" when you choose a path. But still a great story and I loved it!

Reply

Chase .
23:50 May 21, 2021

Thanks again!

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
04:47 May 22, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
18:14 May 17, 2021

You did a really good job with this story and it so unique!! I didn't find any critiques and I don't have any feedback, I just really think this was so inventive of you. Good job!! If you want to read any of mine, just check out my bio where it says 'find your story' and you can choose which one you would like to read based on the genre. Thanks in advance!!

Reply

Chase .
20:11 May 17, 2021

Thanks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:32 May 14, 2021

That was a great story!

Reply

Show 0 replies