My story is titled Prince Somebody is always shy during public events.

Written in response to: Write about a character who’s pathologically camera shy.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled Prince Somebody is always camera shy during public events.


Once upon a time,Prince Somebody the Event organizer was noted to be camera shy during some public events.

It is observed and noted that camera shyness is the desire to avoid being photographed or filmed entirely.

Again it is common for all individuals who are camera shy to fear public speaking.

A camera shy person such as Prince Somebody is known as uncurious . Also a camera shy person is also a casual ,uninterested person and also unwilling to mix with other people.


In addition, a camera shy person is known to be meditative. Camera shyness means having an aversion to being photographed is called camera shy. Camera shyness is common for individuals who are camera shy to fear public speaking ,that is not being able to perform in front of an audience and having ones picture taken by any type of camera or video camera.

The consequence of shyness in itself can be related to low self-esteem , anxiety and fear.

Shyness can be as a result of social anxiety, public consciousness ,low assertiveness and introversion.

Again an individual who experiences camera shyness is often in fear of the unexpected or the unknown in some social situations causing them to actually avoid the camera.


In some situations that is anxiety inducing people tend to have some behavioural responses that prevents the situation from getting worse.

An individual such as Prince Somebody walking away or hiding his face is some sort of behavioural response from camera shyness.

The physiological response to camera shyness can be shaking or an increase in heart rate.

Also the cognitive response can be how a person like Prince Somebody remembers a terrible experience with cameras which results in the fear of being photographed or filmed.


Again during camera shyness that is in the scenario of Prince Somebody.It is noted that shyness is called diffidence.

Shyness is the feeling of apprehension,the lack of comfort or awkwardness especially when a person is around other people. The habit of camera shyness commonly occurs in new situations or with some sort of unfamiliar people. A shy person may simply opt to avoid these situations.

Also camera shyness can be a characteristic of people who seem to have low self-esteem as being observed in the scenario of Prince Somebody.


Again ,the primary defining characteristic of camera shyness is the fear of what other people will think of a persons behavior.

Also the fear of negative reactions such as being laughed at,humiliated or patronized, criticized or rejected can actually cause a shy person to retreat.

Other stronger forms of shyness can be referred to as social anxiety or social phobia.

Shyness is partially genetic. The environment where a person is raised can also be responsible for their shyness.

Also shyness as in the case of Prince Somebody may often come from genetic traits. The environment in which a person is raised and some of their experiences can also cause shyness.


Again shyness may also be a personality trait or can occur at certain stages of development in children.

In addition camera shyness which occurs due to shyness is often realized and seen as hindrance to some sort of people and their development.

The cause of shyness which is camera shyness is often disputed but it is found that fear is positively related to shyness.

Again fearful children are much more likely to develop being shy as opposed to children less fearful.

Shyness and aggression are related through the long and short forms of gene DRD4 ,though considerably more Research is needed. Shyness and social phobia is the distinction between the two becoming ever more blurred. This is related to some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder.


Again the study of shyness is complicated by the number of genes involved and the confusion in defining the phenotype.

There is the compulsive disorder and Action. Shyness as a trait is genetically inherited while the rest emerges as a response to the environment.

Also excessive shyness, embarrassment ,self-consciousness, and timidity, social phobia and the lack of self confidence are also components of erethism which is a symptom complex that appears in cases of mercury poisoning.

There is the prevalence of shyness in children.

Again Prince Somebody actually stopped the habit of being camera shy by closing his eyes and then visualizing his experience going well and feeling fun and relaxed.

There is the practice of filming himself several times and then watching it back.

Also you can learn what you might want to change and also get used to seeing and hearing himself on film.


It is also noted that there is a cure to camera shyness ,that can turn camera shyness into camera boldness. Prince Somebody always follows the rules below in order to avoid camera shyness.


1. He follows the rule that he must always learn to love his imperfections just as his perfections.

His imperfections makes him relatable and likeable and that is a good thing.

Also get to know the real you that is the person the world needs to see.


2. He also likes practicing since Practice makes man perfect. The more practice and experience you have the more predictable your experience will be and the more comfortable you will feel.


3. He must practically record himself on his phone or computer and then play it back.Also take photos of himself with some different facial expressions.


4. Again he must also close his eyes and then visualize his experience going well and feeling fun and relaxed in life.

Also practice filming yourself several times and do watch it back.


5. Almost three out of four people are always afraid and camera shy. Also being in front of the camera can feel very much like public speaking.


6. Focus determines on your reality ,so focus on the greater why behind your video and who will be listening to your message or watching your video.


Finally, inorder to avoid camera shyness as in the scenario of Prince Somebody one has to feel like a star.

In instances where you have a favourite outfit or hairstyle you like to wear ,then you must wear it.

Actually whatever makes you feel confident , comfortable is actually like a million dollars.

Lastly how you feel when you start recording , determines how you feel when you enter the studies.

May 03, 2022 06:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.