0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Fiction

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

It was a dark and lonely night. The peaceful, lush and beautiful city of Rolumique was fast asleep, and every thing was normal.

But the gods were watching.

Some of them were good. Some of them were evil. And the evil ones - known as the Devils - were setting up evil plans to cause a war between the two countries of Rolumbique and Carnia, causing massive deaths, starvation, hunger, loss, and pain and suffering. If either country lost, then other countries would also fall victim to this plan - for both of these countries held important supplies to the other surrounding countries in Panuglo, one of the continents.

The Golden Gods, however - also known as the Golds - were doing their best to keep peace between the two. Little did they know that there was a bigger and much more serious danger - and the Devils themselves did not know that either. The world was coming to an end - and only one Devil God knew of this rotten plan, to take over the world for themselves.

Wrethina, the Devil Goddess of Destruction and bringer of Death, was giving birth to a child of her own. This child would soon bring the entire population of Earth down to its knees before her - and she would make sure that it happened.

"I've waited too long," she whispered to herself, as she felt her baby wiggling and curling within her. "I shall make sure this darling baby of mine makes me proud. If it does not, it shall die and be torn to pieces, just like the rest of the ones who have disappointed me." She caressed her stomach and smiled viciously. "Soon...very very soon...."

15 years later

The dark world of Hell, kept within the very middle of the Earth, where no human has ever tread, was dark and full of horror and dangerous creatures, ancient and full of evil thoughts and feelings. Kindness, love, and care were words and feelings not known to the Gods and creatures of Hell. They were filled with malice and mischief, with no remorse for who lived and did not.

Morana was asleep in her dark cave - like bedroom, looking like a dark - haired angel, with her long thick lashes and full red lips.

Today was the day that she would get her special mission from her mother. The plan. The plan to take over the Earth, and her mother had promised her full control of anything she wanted, because she was her daughter, and if she succeeded she could have anything and everything she ever wanted.

But little did the world know, that Morana was a different Devil child. She felt strange feelings inside, feelings that she could not explain. When she saw a dead creature, a servant being punished by their master in the dark houses of the Devil Gods, she felt a strange tug in her heart. She could not explain it - could never explain it - but she did not like it. And she had a small, tiny, but strong instinctive feeling that her mother would not like that feeling at all. Not one bit.

She had woken up, and had gone down to their large kitchen, where her mother was waiting for her, with a plate of food in front of her. She was wearing a cruel but gentle smile. "Hello, my little blood demon. How did you sleep?" She stroked her daughter's hair. "Today is the day, my darling. You will be sent to Earth to carry out my mission. My plan. You will destroy the Earth, and turn everyone into slaves. You will kill everyone who stands in your way. You will make me proud."

She kissed her forehead and gestured the plate of food in front of her. "Have some food, dear." Morana nodded and sat down.

She cleared her throat. "Uhm, Mother?"

Wrethina looked to her. "Yes, my dear?"

Morana shook her head slightly. It had been eating her inside and out for the past 10 years. She had always known of her mother's horrible plan to hurt and kill and turn every human on Earth into her servant. But she felt that same tug inside of her - but it was a familiar feeling.

It was fear.

She stood up and faced Wrethina. "Mother..I've been thinking about this...and..." She gasped a little and pulled in a breath. Wrethina stood up, a look of both confusion and slight anger in her eyes. But there was still a gentle smile on her lips. "Yes, dear?"

Her eyes were cold and ruthless. Morana gulped. "I - I'm a bit scared to do this, Mother..." She looked down to avoid her mother's cold green eyes.

Wrethina tensed. But when she spoke, her voice was still sweet. But it felt wrong. Horribly wrong. "There's nothing to be afraid, of, darling. And you know that my powers and strength are both too weak to do this. You must do it for me." Morana looked up into her mother's eyes. She felt a mixture of fear..and anger. She had no idea why.

But she felt it. And the anger kept growing. She felt that tug in her chest. She didn't know what it was, but she knew that what was happening was wrong, the plan was wrong, and she knew one very clear thing: she did not want to do it. She didn't want to feel that aching tug when she killed a human and watched them fall to the ground, helpless and in pain. She did not want to feel the feeling that she couldn't name but was so painful she couldn't stand it. She did not want it at all.

"No." Morana looked into her mother's eyes. They were as big and green and bold just as her's were. Wrethina felt a chill go through her. "What do you mean, darling?" She reached for Morana. She slapped her hand away. Wrethina sucked in a breath, and suddenly Morana was not quite sure if she wanted to say what she about to.

But she said it anyway.

"Mother...I don't want to do the mission. I just don't. It feels...wrong.

So horribly wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone!"

She sucked in a breath sharply. She felt cold all over. She stared at her mother, who had gone completely rigid.

"Mother?.." Wrethina had gone completely still. She looked up.

Her eyes were cold and full of rage. Morana drew back a little.

"And why is that...my dear?" Her voice was horribly cold. Freezing. Morana got goosebumps.

"I...I just..."

Suddenly, Wrethina reached out her hand and slapped her. Her long, sharp claw - like nails scraped her skin, stinging her. Morana leaped back. "OW!!!" She shrieked.

Morana opened her eyes and stared at her mother in shock. Wrethina was staring at her, her eyes wide open, full with cold, horrible rage. "YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!!!!" She screamed, and leaped towards Morana again. Morana felt shock turn quickly into anger. She leapt the other way and shoved Wrethina onto the stone floor. Wrethina yelled and leaped up. Morana turned on her heels and ran away. "Morana!!" She shrieked again. Morana turned back, her hand on her cheek, her eyes filled with horror, fear, anger, and a sick feeling in her stomach.

"I'm never doing it!! Never!! It's always what you want, isn't it?? You horrible nasty old wart!! I don't want to be here anymore!! I'll never do it!! NEVER EVER!!!!" She turned away and ran out of their mansion, hot tears running down her face.

Suddenly she heard a voice in her head.

And suddenly she knew.

The word for that strange tugging feeling in her chest when she saw something that felt wrong.

Grief.

She stopped at the end of the street. Cracks of dried up molten lava were embedded into the road. She pressed her cotton sleeve onto her cheek. The skin was torn, blood was leaking out. She felt so horrible, and she still didn't know what to do. How could her mother be this cruel? To force her into something so terrible? And why was she so stupid? That she never realized how horrible it was until this morning.

Suddenly a hand grabbed her hair. She screamed and turned. Wrethina was standing there, a desperate craze in her eyes. "Morana!! Please, you have to do this for me. Just come back home, please, please help me my darling. I promise I'll do anything you want!!"

Morana shoved her away. "What I want is nothing to do with this disgusting plan!" She started to run, breaking into a sprint. Wrethina let out a blood - curdling scream - it almost made Morana stop but she kept running, absolutely terrified of what her mother was capable of. She was capable of astonishingly horrifying things - and there was no limit to what extent she would go to get what she wanted.

Dark slithering things began to slither along the road as she ran. She wondered whether they were snakes - but they didn't have eyes - or scales. A sharp rattling sound came from behind her. Morana turned around and gasped.

Wrethina was wrapped in a dark, slithering mass of coiling oily black liquid, her eyes had turned blood red, and her teeth had grown to be what looked like over an inch long. She had warped into a monster. She opened her mouth and screeched. Morana winced.

"MORANA!!!!!" She thundered. "YOU COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

Morana let out a scream and started to run as fast as she could. The slithering coils quickly caught up to her, and she was soon caught up in a mass of sickly sweet scented oily coiling snake ropes.

They wrapped around her throat, suffocating her, blocking out her air. She felt dizzy. She saw her mother, floating through the darkness of Hell, her eyes wide and insane, her hair matted and tangled.

"DO AS I SAY AND THE PAIN WILL STOP MY DARLING!!!!!!"

Morana felt a crushing sensation. She felt horror course through her. She didn't want it to end this way. She didn't want to leave.

She felt a sickening urge rush through her.

And then she felt the anger.

All those years of listening to her mother. Doing everything she said. And then being forced to go the surface of the land she lived in and destroy all of it just so her mother could have everything she wanted. It wasn't fair.

And she wasn't going down this way.

Suddenly, a strength overcame her. She grabbed the coils and smashed them to the ground, ripping them from her mother's body. Blood splashed open from her back. Wrethina screamed and thrashed onto the ground. Morana's eyes felt different. They were burning. She felt dark power surge from her hands. She immediately felt the rage course through her. She smashed a coil of her own black substance against her mother. She threw a blood covered Wrethina threw the air and across the fiery land of Hell.

She walked over to her. "Let me clear this all up for you, Mother."

Wrethina looked up at her with pain in her eyes. Morana was too powerful for her. "I will never hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it. No one. But you certainly deserved it."

Morana turned away and smiled.

"I'll make sure you stay that way, Mother. The world doesn't need..."

She turned her back on her.

"People like you."

May 06, 2023 23:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.