Dear You

Submitted into Contest #45 in response to: Write a story about change.... view prompt

48 comments

General

Can you live in a world where you have to look a certain way to be liked? 

Dear You, 

You have to have a perfect face. Preferably blue eyes and blond hair. You have to have a perfect body. Not too skinny, but not too fat. If you’re too skinny you look like you’re starving, and trust me that’s not cute. If you're too fat nobody's going to think you’re pretty. You have to think like everyone else. Don’t be different, that's too weird. 

Love, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where you get judged for being you?  

Dear You, 

You have to dress like everyone else. Black clothes are cute, but don’t try to look too goth-like. What's the latest trend right now? That’s what you have to mirror. To be liked, you have to look exactly like that. Just don’t be yourself!  

Yours truly, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where you have to cover who you really are? 

Dear you, 

Put on a mask before you go out. Make up helps with that mess. Your hair looks like a bird’s nest right now; You will need to do something with that. Just change everything about you!  

Sincerely, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where it's better to be white than black?

Dear You, 

That black dude is dangerous. Even though you don’t know him, be scared of him. Hold your purse closer to you. Call him the N-word because that’s what he his. No! Not at all! It's totally ok to say that. Don't worry, saying that isn't rude! You just need to be scared of black people. 

Take care, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where they think one race is better than the other? 

Dear you, 

Nobody is beautiful in their own way.  

That’s all for now, 

Society 





Can you live in a world where people die because they can't handle the pain?

Dear You, 

Suicide it normal. On average 134 people kill themselves a day. I make you feel like nobody loves you, but trust me people do. I make you feel like you can't express who you really are, and that makes you feel abnormal. You're welcome! 

Best wishes, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where kids are getting bullied? 

Dear You, 

Some kids are getting bullied for looking different. 

Some kids are getting bullied for being disabled. 

Some kids are getting bullied for being creative, determined, or smart. 

Some kids are getting bullied for being a different race. 

Some kids are getting bullied for having different religious beliefs. 

Some kids are getting bullied for being talented. 

Sincerely, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where you can't be yourself? 

Dear You, 

You have to be male or female. Nothing else. Nothing in between. You can't love who you love. Only the traditional ways work. You can’t be yourself because I'll start hating on you, or even start making fun of you. 

Lots of love, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where people don’t have a roof over their head? 

Dear You, 

Homelessness. Thousands of people are homeless. Sleeping on benches. Sleeping on the sidewalk.  

Begging for food.  

Begging for money.  

Begging for another chance.  

Yours, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where they think one religion is better than the other? 

Dear You, 

Some think God’s real. Some don’t. People have different ways of viewing life. I'll judge you on this too. 

Love, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where you get hurt by the people who are supposed to protect you? 

Dear You, 

Innocent black men are dying. They are getting killed by the police.  

“I can't breathe” the black man said 

“I don’t care” the police replied 

Not only that. There's mental abuse, sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse. That’s not even all the abuses in the world. 

Stay safe, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where people are dying every day of hunger? 

Dear You, 

“Kids are dying in Africa.” That’s true, but not only in Africa. People are dying all over the world. Poverty and hunger are still alive, and they take lives every day. 

Best wishes, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where mental health is a big problem? 

Dear you, 

Hundreds of people are suffering. They think they're in this fight alone. I'll make you suffer more. Depression. Anxiety disorders. Social anxiety. Panic attacks. 

Lots of Love, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where the only thing on the news is terrible? 

Dear You, 

Murder is taking a life away. One less beating heart in the world. One more tragedy. One more family suffering.  

The news proves: Murder is what's happening in the world. People who can't control their anger, or people who feel like murder is a sport are out there. 

Take care, 

Society  






Can you live in a world where stereotypes are thrown around? 

Dear You, 

All blondes are not smart. 

All Mexicans are lazy and came to America illegally. 

All Arabs or Muslim are terrorists. 

All black people are criminals. 

All Asians are good at math. 

All white people are racist. 

Sincerely, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where there’s evil wandering the streets? 

Dear you, 

Prostitutes, drug dealers and rapists still exist. 

That’s all for now, 

Society 






Can you live in a world where pollution invades the earth? 

Dear you, 

Plastic in the ocean kills fish. 

Acid rain kills trees. 

Global warming is real. 

Air pollution causes lung cancer. 

About 7 million pre-mature deaths are related to pollution. 

Yours truly, 

Society 






If you see what's wrong with the world, then let's change it. Change all of this. Together. One step at a time.  

If you don’t see what's wrong with the world, then I'm afraid it's too late. 





Author’s Note: This was not meant to offend anyone, but instead to inform. The world is both Beautiful and tragic. This story only focuses on the tragic part. 

June 12, 2020 17:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

48 comments

נιмму 🤎
22:58 Jul 05, 2020

wow, I am impressed. This story is very beautiful and sad, but its good to talk about these things because they are very real :( and how can we live in a society that stands idly by when all of this is going on?? Anyway, great writing! ;P

Reply

Lata B
23:10 Jul 05, 2020

Exactly:( Thank you so much!!

Reply

נιмму 🤎
23:11 Jul 05, 2020

it was my pleasure :)) <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
♡ Tana ♡
01:08 Jun 17, 2020

This story is so beautiful and sadly true. This is the kind of story that people need to read. Thank you for sharing it.

Reply

Lata B
02:20 Jun 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to read it!💛

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Talia M
00:48 Jun 17, 2020

It all really is so easy to change yet society remains stuck and lost in this awful presence. Live with love, and not hate and the world will become a beautiful place!! That is the key! That is the answer! Thank you for your story...it is so real and pure and raw.. and it sadly illustrates the wrongs in today's world. Well done ..well done!! ♡♡

Reply

Lata B
02:19 Jun 17, 2020

Thank you so much!!💛

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Emma Lin
14:49 Jun 19, 2020

I liked how you formatted your entries and each one of them was truthful and powerful. I wish that we all come together and bring change, but I think everybody is too concern about other priorities. Too much greed in the world in my opinion. Also thanks for liking my story :) I appreciate any feedback from anybody :)

Reply

Lata B
15:02 Jun 19, 2020

Thank you!!:) I agree with that.

Reply

Emma Lin
16:32 Jun 19, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ashley Higbee
13:46 Jun 18, 2020

I like your style, that was very creative! Congrats on making something so unique.

Reply

Lata B
14:03 Jun 18, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Raven Quill
21:11 Jun 17, 2020

I really loved the formatting of how you chose to do this! It was very creative and engaging!! The use of logos was also a nice touch :)

Reply

Lata B
22:52 Jun 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to read my story!:)

Reply

Raven Quill
00:37 Jun 18, 2020

Of course!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
P. Jean
21:08 Jun 17, 2020

I liked the part where you spoke about bullying....that starts with children, they are our hope. Change. Adults are already preconditioned to their beliefs. You stated the obvious very well!

Reply

Lata B
22:52 Jun 17, 2020

That is very true. Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tvisha Yerra
20:33 Jun 17, 2020

It's nice to see something so creative. :)

Reply

Lata B
20:46 Jun 17, 2020

Thank you!:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kelechi Nwokoma
01:49 Jun 17, 2020

This is beautifully written and unique. Great job!

Reply

Lata B
02:21 Jun 17, 2020

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Conda Douglas
21:27 Jun 16, 2020

Cool and creative and so on point! Well done!

Reply

Lata B
22:58 Jun 16, 2020

Thank you very much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:23 Jun 16, 2020

The answer the society gave for the question "can you live in a world where stereotypes are thrown about?" is the most raw truth I've ever seen. It's beautiful and I loved it.

Reply

Lata B
18:49 Jun 16, 2020

It truly is very sad. Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
03:04 Jun 16, 2020

Love this. Very creative

Reply

Lata B
14:46 Jun 16, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Joanne X
15:05 Jun 15, 2020

Hi Lata, I like how unique you formatted this story entry. It shows just how many things are wrong in this world, but the ending pushes for us to change that. I haven't seem anyone use this "writing a letter" format before so it was really cool to read something new! Great job!

Reply

Lata B
15:23 Jun 15, 2020

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deborah Angevin
21:35 Jun 13, 2020

Great format and great messages! 👍

Reply

Lata B
22:53 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jessica X
21:14 Jun 13, 2020

Wow! Your story is really incredible! I loved how you showed how many things are wrong in society today and how much judgement there can be in the world. The message was truly really powerful. I liked how you emphasized that we can change the world! Amazing job!! :)

Reply

Lata B
22:53 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you so much!!:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Himanshi Y
04:22 Jun 13, 2020

Reading this, gave me chills. I felt that someone like Maya Angelou would be reciting it on a big stage. You gave so many important and powerful messages in few words so beautifully.

Reply

Lata B
05:07 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you so much! That is very kind of you💛

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Writers Block
18:08 Jun 12, 2020

Great format with each topic.

Reply

Lata B
18:12 Jun 12, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Writers Block
18:24 Jun 12, 2020

You are welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
17:45 Sep 03, 2020

I liked this story and i think im going to check out your other ones as well (i think i've only seen one or 2 others of your stories) you did a great job and i think i'm going to give this a 10/10 :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Annora Chen
23:00 Aug 13, 2020

Yes, i agree with this one as well, its sad that our world has many flaws in it due to society, but i hope even tho society will give u trouble, pls, know that someone out there loves u, waiting for u, so pls dont off urself just yet, live for the ones that live for u, lots of love and encouragement to the ppl, uwu

Reply

Lata B
23:32 Aug 13, 2020

Aww this is so sweet! :)

Reply

Annora Chen
03:03 Aug 16, 2020

ahah, thank uu, <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:12 Jul 20, 2020

This made me realize so many things about myself in a beautiful way. You have a gift, this is amazing!

Reply

Lata B
18:22 Jul 20, 2020

Thank you so much! That is so sweet of you! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.