0 comments

Christmas Fiction Gay

In the back of the closet is my thick winter coat, suitable for this exact situation. But I’m far too old for this, right? I don’t even like the snow. I do feel bad for the coat, though. It has been sitting there for years unused. It must be sad, but there are probably many sad unused things in that closet. My winter boots. My nice gloves. It does seem rather right to put them to use. But no, I really should do some work. Yeah, I really better read or something, put my brain to use and all. 

Twenty minutes into reading this incredibly dull book and exactly one page has been read. I really just cannot focus when I still see the cold, white, horror show through the crack in the curtains. It’s taunting me, seriously. Like I said, I really don’t even like the snow. I think I can even hear people screaming and crying outside my window. The snow’s probably being mean to them. Wow, and to think I even thought about going out there. It doesn’t deserve my recognition.

Okay, so I suppose those may have screams of joy and all, but the fact remains that I hate the snow. It’s just so cold and wet. And uncomfortable. Just thinking about it makes me shiver. I should light the fire. Mmm… Nice and warm, just how I like it.

So, the snow keeps popping back into my head. I swear I’m trying to keep these awful thoughts out, but they really won’t budge. I keep wondering if the snow is a nice texture. And if people are out there having snowball fights and building snowmen. Maybe they’re sledding down the hill or sipping rich, hot chocolate. Sounds rather horrible doesn’t it. Awful. Dreadful. Much too cheery for me. Fine, okay I wouldn’t mind the hot chocolate, I’m still a bit chilly, but the other stuff remains horrible-sounding. 

I made myself some hot chocolate and as expected it was fantastic. Although, I am feeling this warm, happy feeling that is actually quite scary. I do admit, even though this feeling is very foreign I don’t hate it. I wonder if this is what those people outside feel. If it is, I may have to reconsider my position as completely against the outdoors, because I honestly wouldn’t mind feeling more of this. Of course, there is a very slim chance I will actually indulge. I am sure there are many indoor things I can do to fill this newly formed void. 

I have taken to cooking, but please do not get too excited I am very under skilled in this area. I do have a great deal of time to learn how to cook while I wait for the snow to melt. I’m really not sure how long that takes though, so I might be making a lot of soup.

It has been an hour and I think I am no longer a fan of cooking. It’s quite a lot more work than I expected to be honest. I really don’t think I will take this on as a hobby. Yeah, I will  continue to eat meals prepared by someone other than me because this chicken noodle soup tastes rather offensive. 

I am truly bored out of my mind now. I think the outdoors are trying to trick me into thinking it's actually fun out there, but I am not so easily fooled. But, as I have nothing to entertain me at this moment I can’t see why I shouldn't check my winter gear in the closet, you know, make sure it hasn’t died or something. 

To my dismay or possibly relief, I can’t even see the back of the closet much less my coat and gloves. Once I finally find them behind a pair of sneakers and a rain jacket I don’t think I have ever seen in my life, I am thoroughly disappointed and rather irritated. The coat, the boots, and the gloves all do, in fact, look especially sad and unused. Brand new. Never been worn. Practically begging me to put them on. It sounds quite stupid, in all honesty, but I swear they are. It makes me feel very miserable to look at them, because to reiterate, I do not like the snow. At all. Not even a little bit. So I close the closet door because I really do feel guilty.

Alright, it will take a lot in me to not think of the coat or boots, but I’m sure if I try very hard I will be able to. Because they are not real and they do not have feelings and I do not like the snow. 

It is really becoming rather hard to think of other activities to distract me. I might just take one last look in the closet, because I remember the coat specifically looking on the verge of tears and that just isn’t possible. But of course, it is possible, and it really does look very woeful. I honestly think my winter coat is about to cry. The least I could do, is put it on, you know cheer it up. 

I do, and it is very comfortable I am now realizing. Oh wait, the poor gloves and boots. I might as well put them on, too. It's completely freezing in this house, honestly. But the only reasons I have these on is because I’m cold and they look sad. Now, I will just sit next to the door, for no reason at all. 

“What are you doing?” I hear as the door opens next to me.

“Ah, there you are I’ve been waiting” I reply as though it's obvious what I’m doing.

She leans against the door frame and looks at me with a knowing look, “Oh yeah? Why are you in your coat and boots? I wouldn’t have thought you would go out into the snow”, she says with a smirk.

“Oh, I’m not, they just looked sad, you know, as they do.” 

“Sure, of course they looked sad ” she laughed and held her hand out to me. “Come on, let’s go.”

She really does know me quite well. Although, she’s practically forcing me to go outside with her. Forcing me. I step onto the snow-enveloped grass, her hand in mine.*Crunch* I love that sound.

January 20, 2021 04:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.