1 comment

Mystery Thriller Suspense

It was a long ride to Clio south Carolina as Henry sits in his car he was wondering why would his father leave him a house so far away from home in Brooklyn. Henry was excited to receive an inheritance but Henry was not sure he really wanted to live in a suburban area so far south. As Henry approached his new home he stalled the car just gazing over the estate. It was not a pretty sight it was an old home with paint chipping and a broken-down staircase attached to an unsteady Deck. Henry walked inside this house Henry was relieved to find the inside was better kept than the outside. But as he walked into the house he heard the floor creep he looked in that direction but he saw nothing. So Henry continues to check the house out but the more he want into the house the darker the house became. By the time he made it upstairs, Henry began to feel confused and scared. Henry heard something slide across the floor Henry ran into the closet and he couldn't stop shaking. Henry was not sure what he heard but as Henry sat inside the closet he can see movement under the door. When the movement stopped Henry decided to make a run for the front door to get out of that house. As he ran he could feel something or someone holding him back he just couldn't seem to get to the front door. And just before him, a tall animal-like creature appeared. Time passed and Henry finds himself waking up on the staircase 3 days later. Henry tried to open the front door but he fell back because the sunlight was way too much he felt burning on his skin and he felt so dehydrated Henry didn't understand what was going on Henry walked towards the kitchen just to get a drink of water but when he started walking Henry started to smell weird things he couldn't find were the smells was coming from so he just grabbed a glass and drink 3 glasses of water and he was still thirsty. Henry looked over and saw a letter that was addressed to him from his father the letter reads."Dear: son sorry I haven't seen you in many years you being here must mean that I no longer exist or my situation has changed but you need to know that your inheritance is more than a tradition it is family hereditary. Henry looked confused but at the end of the letter it reads "marshall will arrive Sunday morning in everything would be explained". Henry thought this would be ok. But weird things were happening to Henry it's like his senses had increased he could hear the cars on the parkway. He has all these weird smells coming and going and his eyes were super sensitive to light.  When Sunday finally came Henry couldn't wait to meet Marshall. Because he was so hungry he found some soup in the cabinet but Henry was craving meat Henry felt that was weird because he been a vegan for 5 years now. Henry was sitting on the bottom step when Marshall appeared out of no wear Henry jumped. Hello said, Marshall, I'm Marshall Henry replied I'm Henry blake was my father. Yes, blake said Marshall a good man. Henry want into the kitchen to get the letter.  Marshall said I already know what's in the letter and he said your father wanted me to explain your heritage to you. Sit down son, said Marshall and he begins with a long story of how Henry's great, great, great grandfathers were all werewolves and it's been passed down for generations Henry laughed saying really. Marshall didn't crack a smile.  Henry just stirred at him and said that means that I'm a--- werewolf. yes said Marshall and Marshall place the meat on the table and said you must stay here until your able to control yourself. Henry was highly upset all he wanted to do was leave now he's trapped. Marshall left Henry for the night.when Marshall returned there was no Henry Marshall run through the woods searching for Henry and right by the lake Henry was laying there covered in blood with the flesh of a dead hog beside him Marshall woke henry up and warned him about the consequences of being caught in a situation like that it could turn to a deadly wolf hunt. Henry cover his head to shade from the sunlight and ran into the house. Just as Henry and Marshall entered the house there was a knock on the door. It was a local neighbor placing flyers up about a missing mother of two. Henry peeped his head out the door and he took the flyer and said we haven't seen anything or anyone over here. When the neighbor left. Marshall turned to Henry and said there was no one missing in these parts in over thirty years. Henry said nothing but he remembered that he missed three days. Henry wondered could he have, no thought Henry I wouldn't but it lingered on his mind. when the moon was raised. Henry tied himself to a heating pole just in case. But in the morning he found himself in the woods again he rushed back home before Marshall arrived. Henry knew he had to do something to stop this before the neighbors catch him. Henry was lost he had no ideas. When the door knocked again it was the lady again with the flyers. When Henry opened the door the neighbor began to run and she ran straight into marshall, Marshall dragged her into the house threw her down the basement stairs. Henry just stood there speechless as Marshall begin to explain that it's been years since he hurt anyone it was Henry father that kept him under control since his father's death Marshall had lost all control and slipped and attacked an innocent person and now there was a witness and he has to take care of her. Henry just followed Marshall into the basement and begin to feed.

October 29, 2020 21:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Kate Le Roux
12:58 Nov 03, 2020

It's much easier to read a story that is divided into paragraphs :) You must try to use punctuation. But I like the line about the werewolf being vegan for 5 years!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.