15 comments

Funny Happy

[Opening scene: A brightly lit comedy club set. The TV host, a stand-up comedian, stands in front of the camera with a microphone.]

HOST: Hey there, folks! Welcome to "Laugh Out Loud," where we serve up comedy sketches hotter than a summer sidewalk! Our first sketch tonight features a police officer who gets more questions than answers. It's like playing Jeopardy, but nobody wins! Let's dive in and see how this cat-and-mouse game unfolds!

[Scene transition: A quiet street. A police officer stops a suspect who is walking erratically.]

OFFICER: Tell me, how much did you drink?

SUSPECT: Why are you asking me that?

OFFICER: Just answer the question, please!

SUSPECT: But why are you asking me that?!

OFFICER: I have nothing to explain to you! I ask, and I demand an answer!

SUSPECT: What answer?

OFFICER: Do you answer everything with a question?

SUSPECT: Why would I do that?!

OFFICER: Here, you just did!

SUSPECT: I did what?!

OFFICER: You answered me with a question!

SUSPECT: Are you saying that I answered your question?

OFFICER: No! Instead, you answer my questions with your own questions, thus avoiding giving an answer to my question!

SUSPECT: And how am I doing so far?

OFFICER: Very successful, I must admit! You are talented at it!

SUSPECT: Do you really think so?!

OFFICER: Yes! Now answer my question!

SUSPECT: To what question?

OFFICER: You're starting again!

SUSPECT: Do you think it's so easy to answer someone's question?!

OFFICER: Yes, I think so! I always do that! How about you try it?

SUSPECT: Good. I'll try!

OFFICER: Well done! You just gave me an answer that wasn't a question! Congratulations!

SUSPECT: Did I? Really?!

OFFICER: Yes! See, it's not so scary! Now that we have successfully mastered that, answer my question!

SUSPECT: YES, to everything!

OFFICER: What did you say?

SUSPECT: YES, to everything!

OFFICER: What kind of answer is that?

SUSPECT: Quite simple, I would say!

OFFICER: You're starting to make me angry, sir!

SUSPECT: Am I doing that?

OFFICER: Yes, you are!

SUSPECT: Don't be angry that I don't remember all your questions!

OFFICER: I am only interested in the answer to the first question and nothing else!

SUSPECT: How can I answer you when I don't know which question came first?

OFFICER: I asked it at the beginning of our conversation when I stopped you because you were turning in the middle of the road in the wrong direction! But you know what? It's not important! I'll simply write you a fine for a misdemeanor!

SUSPECT: Can the police get a fine if they commit a violation?

OFFICER: Of course they can! We are all the same before the law!

SUSPECT: Then punish yourself for endangering the life of a disabled person!

OFFICER: Whose life? It's just you and me on this road!

SUSPECT: I mean my life!

OFFICER: Come on, please! In what way did I endanger your life?

SUSPECT: By chasing me down the road on your motorbike!

OFFICER: You were drunk! Any police officer in my place would do the same to save your life!

SUSPECT: I have never tasted a drop of alcohol in my life!

OFFICER: Yeah, right! I really believe you!

SUSPECT: It's true! I do not drink alcohol!

OFFICER: Then why were you meandering on the road, huh?

SUSPECT: Because I'm blind, and I was being chased by a fool on a motorcycle that I wanted to avoid!

OFFICER: I'm sorry, I didn't know you were blind!

SUSPECT: It was hard to spot this stick I was waving in front of me!

OFFICER: I thought you were arguing with someone...

SUSPECT: Have you seen anyone else besides me?

OFFICER: I thought you were drunk and imagining things...

SUSPECT: You could have turned on the siren, and I would have explained everything!

OFFICER: Look, sir... pardon... It would be best to forget all this and leave here!

SUSPECT: It's easy for you to say that! I don't even know where I am! Do you know?

OFFICER: Honestly, I have never been to this part of the city!

SUSPECT: Didn't you look where you were driving?

OFFICER: I feared you might run away if I looked away...

SUSPECT: To escape?! A drunk who stumbles left and right?!

OFFICER: I know! It sounds silly, but if you were in my place, you would...

SUSPECT: In your place?! Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I'm stupid!

OFFICER: What do you mean by that?

SUSPECT: Haven't you figured it out by now?

OFFICER: Please follow the sound of my engine, and I will take you to the city center!

SUSPECT: The first smart thing I've heard from you! Let's go before night falls!

OFFICER: What does it matter! You are blind! You can't see if it's day or night anyway!

SUSPECT: I was thinking of you! If you can get lost in broad daylight, I don't even want to consider what would happen if we were caught by night!

[Scene transition: The TV host returns, chuckling.]

HOST: That suspect was more slippery than a greased pig at a county fair! I didn't see that one coming. You must love a guy who can turn an interrogation into a game show. Now, let's head to our next sketch. Imagine an interrogation room where the witness is so sharp he could cut himself on his own wit. Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves for the master of deflection!

[Scene transition: Interrogation room. The interrogator faces the witness across a table.]

INTERROGATOR: Sir, you claim you've seen it all.

WITNESS: Recorded it all, as they say! I was there at the event! Remember it like it was yesterday!

INTERROGATOR: And it was yesterday, sir!

WITNESS: Of course, yesterday! I was there, don't you remember?! No need to tell me when it was! I remember it vividly!

INTERROGATOR: So, what do you remember exactly?

WITNESS: Everything from yesterday!

INTERROGATOR: And what exactly happened yesterday?

WITNESS: Don't you know?!

INTERROGATOR: Of course, I know, but...

WITNESS: Then why ask if you know?! I'm not here to play games!

INTERROGATOR: I need to learn all the details!

WITNESS: Then ask! I know everything! Sharp eyesight, you know!

INTERROGATOR: Alright, I'm listening!

WITNESS: What are you listening to?

INTERROGATOR: Your story!

WITNESS: But I still need to start talking!

INTERROGATOR: Then get on with it!

WITNESS: Getting a bit testy, aren't we, sir! Let's keep it civil! I'm not a suspect here, and we're not working like this! I'm still determining where you're from, sir, but in my area...

INTERROGATOR: Your testimony is crucial. Please tell me what you see!

WITNESS: See? We wouldn't have wasted time if you'd asked nicely from the start! My mom always said a kind word opens doors and a harsh one...

INTERROGATOR: Give me a statement, or I'll arrest you for obstructing justice! I mean it!

WITNESS: Whoa! Someone gets up on the wrong foot today!

INTERROGATOR: Someone might lose a foot if they don't start talking!

WITNESS: I'll sue you for police harassment! I have rights, too!

INTERROGATOR: You have the right to talk before my shoe reaches your rear End!

WITNESS: I don't have to think about that! But I can hook you up with Lojzek, our neighbor. He's into experiments!

INTERROGATOR: One more word: I'm not responsible for my actions!

WITNESS: And the statement?

INTERROGATOR: What statement?!

WITNESS: About what happened yesterday!

INTERROGATOR: Ah, yes! So, what happened?

WITNESS: I saw everything and recorded it all...

BANG! BANG! BANG!

[Scene transition: The TV host returns to the screen, laughing.]

HOST: Now that's what I call a witness protection program! Protecting himself from giving a straight answer, that is! Alright, folks, we've got one more sketch for you. Imagine surviving a plane crash only to end up in an interview with someone who can't quite believe how you made it out alive. Let's check it out!

[Scene transition: Interview room. An interviewer speaks with the sole survivor of a plane crash.]

INTERVIEWER: The only survivor from Flight 666 is here with us! How do you feel about being the sole survivor?

SURVIVOR: It was horrific! Absolutely disastrous, believe me! It's beyond comprehension how dreadful it was!

INTERVIEWER: I can only imagine...

SURVIVOR: No, you really can't! Nobody can! It was horrific! There were people everywhere – A-group, B-group, and a little further, O-group! Absolutely dreadful!

INTERVIEWER: And what is your blood type?

SURVIVOR: Thank God, it's AB! That played a role in saving my life!

INTERVIEWER: Do you think it had nothing to do with the fact that you fell out of the plane into the river while the others were trapped in the fiery tomb?

SURVIVOR: Dear lady, I didn't fall out of the plane!

INTERVIEWER: You didn't? You're saying you didn't fall out?

SURVIVOR: I didn't fall out! I jumped out!

INTERVIEWER: How did you come up with the idea to jump from a burning plane into the great abyss without a parachute, risking everything?

SURVIVOR: I jumped out before the plane crashed when it was above the river!

INTERVIEWER: You were incredibly lucky! You were closest to the door!

SURVIVOR: Luck had nothing to do with it, dear lady! If I hadn't set the nearest seats on fire, everyone would have rushed for the door!

INTERVIEWER: What do you mean by "if you didn't set the seats on fire?"

SURVIVOR: Imagine two hundred people pushing towards the exit! No one would have survived!

INTERVIEWER: But no one survived!!

SURVIVOR: Except for me! And I warned them politely that the plane would catch fire! I just had that feeling!

INTERVIEWER: But it caught fire because of you!! You set it on fire!

SURVIVOR: I had to because they didn't believe me!

INTERVIEWER: To convince them that the plane would catch fire, you set it on fire! That's sick!

SURVIVOR: That's logical! I couldn't let them think I was some crazy person or something!

INTERVIEWER: You're worse than a madman! You just admitted that you're responsible for the deaths of 200 people! You killed them!

SURVIVOR: Not me! They were killed by the fire I warned them about! If they had believed me, they would still be alive!

INTERVIEWER: But they would be alive if you hadn't set fire to the seats!

SURVIVOR: Does it really matter how the fire started? The fact is that no one can deny that I was telling the truth! I should receive a medal for looking out for those 200 passengers! I'm only sorry I couldn't do more!

INTERVIEWER: You're truly sick! I hope they arrest you and put you in solitary confinement for life!

SURVIVOR: No, dear lady! I was meant to protect people; now, people will marvel at me after all this! Next time, I'll save them all!

INTERVIEWER: Next time?! Will there be a next time for you?!

SURVIVOR: Oh, absolutely!! I already have a vision of a bustling restaurant! But I don't mean to frighten you! By the way, are you hungry? I know a lovely restaurant nearby...

[Scene transition: The TV host returns, shaking his head in disbelief.]

HOST: Wow, that guy is something else, huh? He sets the bar for survival—and the plane! Remember, folks, always listen to your flight attendants, especially if they're not setting things on fire. Thanks for joining us tonight on "Laugh Out Loud." Keep those laughs coming, and we'll see you next time! Good night, and keep laughing!

[End of the episode.]

July 20, 2024 08:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

22:34 Jul 28, 2024

Wow, Darvico. You are in your element here. Read this one to my husband who also laughed a lot. This has everything; the phrase for the prompt (which fits with all three joke/stories), humour, variety, and a sound life lesson. Don't mess with people's minds when they ask a simple question. They don't like it. The show host was also a scream. Loved the one about the nut-case who set fire to the plane and jumped out. The sad truth about pressurized plane doors is that they can't open while the plane is in flight. Not manually. So the idiot wh...

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
23:46 Jul 28, 2024

He was obviously lying. 😀😃

Reply

23:56 Jul 28, 2024

You can't lie when you are dead. LOL.

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
00:05 Jul 29, 2024

That is why he is only surviver. He miss the flight. LOL

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jason Basaraba
17:29 Jul 27, 2024

Clever and entertaining dialogue, love the interaction and just the right amount of crazy

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
20:14 Jul 27, 2024

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sarah Wise
16:59 Jul 27, 2024

This was a really fun read. The survior character was just the right amount of crazy. I really enjoyed that this was in a transcript format. It's just a fun way to do all dialoge. Can't wait for your next one :)

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
17:05 Jul 27, 2024

Thank you. I'll wrote more.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mary Bendickson
21:12 Jul 20, 2024

😄

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
21:22 Jul 20, 2024

TY 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristi Gott
16:35 Jul 20, 2024

Amazing! Love it! The speed of the witty, clever, brilliant responses is awesome! Innovative story structure. Very fast dialogue with continual surprises keeps the reader hooked. My favorite is the first scene. Incredible. It has also inspired me to spend more time studying how to write better dialogue. This shows us what can be done when you have that skill. Thank you for this very unique writing piece! I love it!! (P.S. The last one with the plane on fire unfortunately reminded me of some friends of mine who died in a plane crash but th...

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
16:40 Jul 20, 2024

You put a smile on my face. Thanks for reading my stories and making such kind comments. This is my most used genre of writing, and I often use it when I have ideas for story pop-ups.

Reply

Kristi Gott
16:45 Jul 20, 2024

Please give us some more of this brilliant writing! Love it! So clever, I am in awe. What a gift.

Reply

Darvico Ulmeli
17:02 Jul 20, 2024

Just for you, I will write more. 😀 Thanks

Reply

Kristi Gott
18:02 Jul 20, 2024

I'm sure many others will enjoy this too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.