0 comments

General

A seagull dived to the water, the only color against the sky that was stripped of any clouds or sunset. Just a blue sky.

Just the blue, endless waves.

No phones or Wi-fi served the outdated yacht that was miles out from land, and the three people on it had already spoken about anything worth speaking about.

Finally, after 42 days on the ocean, The Pirate, was appearing. A small boat that would bring a letter saying where and when the group would return.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle."

"Hello, Pirate, the letter..?" The woman tried to keep the humor but her eagerness for what the letter would say prevented her from banter or any "catching up" that would follow such a salutation.

"Where are Benny and Giovanni?"

A young man with dark hair, and an odd sprouting of beard appeared outside the deck. He smiled but kept his composure as he strode towards the two.

Giovanni nodded towards Pirate, "You bring the letter?"

"I do. Benny?"

"Dozing off, I believe. Let us find him."

They set off down the aisle and into a spacious room with a chandelier. Giovanni led them through one of the many doors where a rounded man was slumped on a lounging chair.

"Benny!"

The man startled before opening his eyes with a grumped up face which turned into a wide grin when he saw the group. "Finally! Good to see you, Pirate. Though I must say I've enjoyed the vacation, I would like to return to my television shows." He pushed himself off the chair.

"Before I open this letter," Pirate started, "I need you to know this is only the beginning of what may be a dangerous journey. I am personally sorry that you are now involved." He dipped his hand in the pocket of his large plaid jacket and pulled out a small white envolope. It was thick and shiny with a wax seal keeping it shut. "Sara, would you read it for us?"

The woman took and reveled in its weight for a second before sliding her finger beneath and breaking the seal.

 Sara, Benny, and Giovanni:

 

 The three of you have been unfairly placed into our misfortune. We are placing you at N 36° 23' 35.3623 and E 25° 27' 41.4331 . Pirate will accompany you until further notice.

 Await Estavan and Cargo.

 The Guard


Sara looked up at Pirate who looked just as confused, and quite mad. "Pirate? Did you know you were being placed with us?"

"I- no. They did not mention anything to me. And let me see-" He reached for the letter, "Estavan and Cargo?" Pirate's brows were furrowed and his bottom lip twitched before he cleanched his jaw shut.

Giovanni turned and dissapeared out the room.

Sara spoke up, "Pirate, how did you get here with just a motor boat by yourself?"

"They sent me out. I was with the Guard on their ship and they had me come out alone... and I thought I was to return after... " Pirate handed the letter back and quickly left the room leaving Benny and Sara to follow suit. He had run out to where his boat was tied to the yacht. He tried to start up the vessel but it wouldn't stutter. He hit his fist on the wheel.

Benny whose face didn't hide his hopelessness spoke what they all need to here out loud. "And then there were four. Alright everyone, let's get this ship to -what is the Ls? May be pretty far... Best not to think about the situation too hard."

"It is such little information. And what about our families.." She quieted as she heard a shuffling noise from the smaller boat. Pirate had crawled out, still looking furious.

BAM. Ping.

The shot seemed to echo all the way to the bow of the yacht. Pirate slumped to the floor clasping his shin. Two men strode from behind him. Sarah caught herself in mid scream and Benny had his hand clutched to his chest. Giovani came sprinting outside- "Sara?" They all took in the scene before them.

Benny started, "What in the world! Near, flippin' blaze gave me a heart attack- !"

The larger of the two men grabbed Pirate by the arms and pinned them back. "You are being taken for criminalization in regards to covert use of Guard information and endangerment of its employees."

The other man looked at the group, knowing he needed to explain. "I am Estavan. Cargo-" He gestured his hand to the man pinning Pirate. "To make it short, we figured out who was giving out information on Guard whereabouts and why our previous advances were falling short. The three of you fell witness but we had suspisions on all of you-- it wasn't just for your own 'witness protection' as we had you believe. We left no technology that would allow someone to trace you, but more importantly, so you could not recieve or give out information since you were suspects. The last two days we concluded that is was Richard Anderson all along. We couldn't be sure until he was invested in helping the witnesses- the three of you. We suspected it but we needed evidence. Incredibly, he managed to make a copy of a guard letter with different coordinates. He was going to send you somewhere elsewhere which would have led us to believe it was one of you who was misleading." Estavan pulled out another shiny, white envelope with a seal. "This was the fake he planned on giving you."

Pirate was gasping and furious. "You are the criminals! You governistic loads of crap-!" He yelled as Cargo pulled him up more to cut him off.

Giovani spoke up, "You thought me a suspect? I have been dedicated to the service for years."

"As was this Pirate. We are sorry..." Estavan sighed. "We need to bring him back. The boat isn't far. And you three can head the yacht back and meet with us. Sara, Benny- your jobs in the office are still available and Giovani- we would greatly appreciate your travel guidance if you so wish to return after this mess." Estavan handed over a cellpone. "It has the boat location and service. See you soon."

The later three parted, leaving the former three unnerved and a trail of blood behind them.

November 08, 2019 08:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.