" An Unpredictable Occurrence"

Submitted into Contest #40 in response to: Write a story about friends who wind up on a misadventure.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure


My grandmother used to tell me stories when I was younger, she uttered me her life experiences, even her remarkable stories that she used to listen from her mom about fantasies and she would often deliver me stories from my books. One night I requested her If somewhat misfortune ever happened to her, she looked fearful and her face became pale as she proceeded “well it occurred with me and my friends when we were on our outing to the mountainous zones of the countryside” she continued and told me that it was a real incident of her life but more heartbreaking. She continued “It was a gloomy morning, unexpectedly the sky appeared dimmer and it started to drizzle drops of water that mildly tapped on the window. I was slumbering on my bed. The rain droplets even started to fell heavily on the glass suddenly by the thunder I woke up and hurriedly glimpsed at the wall clock it was 8 in the morning and speedily went to the restroom as I was late for the camping that is very far apart and needs 6 hours to reach there.

 This trip was programmed by Alexa and Lina one of my best friends from college.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and there were my friends, glancing surprisingly at them I said “I didn’t packed my stuff, I overslept!” my friends waited for me and after I got ready we all left for camping.

As the sky seemed better than before and heavy rain was ceased, three of us became more elated that the weather was suitable for us to travel through my car to our destination. We ate sandwiches and left for the trip, we crooned songs, reminisced our childhood, even my friends decided to divide the hours of driving and each one of us will be given 2 hours to drive to make the tiresome driving that would be more gratifying and comfortable, we prepared to hike through the mountains and conferred on some arbitrary topics.

I and my friends relished all the way jesting and laughing, we stopped near our destination to rest and enjoyed the Lunch and continued our journey.

We reached our journey's end as the scenery was so dazzling with the river flowing beneath the mountains, extensive, dense trees and the mountain peak that was surpassing the clouds, was so eye catching that we won’t stop staring natural loveliness nearby us.

We were so worn-out after driving all the way long and swiftly installed camps. We had dinner and relaxed. We were gossiping about how attractive the scenery is and how striking is the rippling of river that is truly tranquil and favorable for meditation, we napped while chatting and there was quietness excluding hoots of owls and burbling of the river.

It was 3 at night and three of the friends were in profound sleep, I woke up for drinking water and heard the noise coming from behind the bushes I speedily switched of the lights of the camp and zipped the entrance so that no one could see us all of a sudden I caught someone walking on the soil litter. I was clearly able to hear the thing as it was approaching closer. I awakened Lisa and Alexa abruptly we heard someone chopping out trees we sustained soundless and unexpectedly the footsteps vanished.

We knew that we were alone we cannot do anything except to run away. I rapidly grabbed my car keys and cell phone from my bag and tried to sneak out of our camp It was all clear we thought It might be an animal and we were so senseless to believe it, what I saw brought chills to my body I saw a man holding a knife near the towering, mysterious tree his face wasn’t vivid but in moonlight it seemed like silhouette of a man.

I whispered to my friends that we should crawl towards the car when I reached the car door what I saw sank my heart , the car’s tyres were punctured as if this was the planning of someone to hurt us .

We coped try not to make any sound for the sake of our life, we marched even more rapidly and we could feel someone following us with more speed I called police but there were no signals suddenly Alexa screamed that trembled us the most a man was attacking her and we couldn’t protect her for the reason that we were defenseless at that time we felt guilty about her, we cried even louder"help us! please help! God please save us! As I was running I fell and my head started bleeding Lina helped me to stand up the man was still following to slay us .

I and Lina ran as fast as we could so we ended up reaching road. By the grace of God we could see a car coming from far away and we both waved for help ,crying and shivering badly we needed someone who could help us .The man asked us as if we were quivering with fear and we both burst out with tears telling him about that troubling situation that we went through .He felt pity on us and drove us to the near police station.

We told the police about what incident took place and how he killed our friend Alexa and follow us till we reached the car, police took our matter seriously knowing that he might be hiding into the woods between mountainous areas to kill people and loot their money and valuable things. The Police raided that area and annexed that man later on one of the detective told us that even worries me more, the detective said “we found several dead bodies of the people that were wounded to death and buried under ground and your friend Alexa was also stabbed to death.

The man I saw was the most wanted serial killer of that time and was hanged till death as this relieves me the most. As it was the most horrendous accident because my best friend was murdered in front of my eyes and I was unable to protect her.

I also feel sorry but I also wanted to save myself and my friend lina's life otherwise we both would have been killed along with her.

I thought what would have happened, if my grandmother didn’t woke up her friends and ran to save her and friend's life.

This story still haunts me to go alone on camping with my friends .

May 08, 2020 19:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.