The Universal Boxing Match

Submitted into Contest #39 in response to: One day, the sun rose in the west and set in the east.... view prompt

1 comment

Fantasy

As the man stood up and said in firm voice to his colleagues "this day a fire in the sky is now upon us". Just then all those in that room felt the impact of a rock of fire slamming into the building, crushing the walls and shattering glass. Another voice shouted "quick run outside!" The people who survived ran out of the building and look up in fear of another meteorite hitting earth. No one would have thought this could happen in the now time. Sure maybe in 20 million years but the time was in there living life time right now. There was a lady who had began to record all these events in the sky and the atmosphere. The winds were whipping east to west, shredding the trees, funnel clouds formed and dropped in a far distance and then sucked back into the sky. It would seem as though the sky was breathing, and the tornadoes were the exhaling of air. She captured lightning bolts striking across the sky, they must have been at least 50 to 70 ft both horizontal and vertical. The flash would last for more than a few minutes. At one point the crackling lightning hit a satellite tower, causing sparks from the top all the way to the bottom of the tower, which then ignited a blaze of fire across the ground creating complete multiple explosions. Black clouds covered the sky, some of the clouds even resembled somewhat of bubbles, and some of them even took shape of faces and hands. Treacherous rainfall fail to the ground and filled the valley down below on top of the mountain where she was standing. The woman let out a cry, "Oh my God, please help me, someone please help!" Just then the raging and roaring, out-of-control storm had disappeared and withdrew itself into the sky. The sun even started to shine, there was not even a single cloud in the sky, or strong winds, no lightning, and no rain. It was like the heavens had taken a deep breath and inhaled all these events she had been recording. However, the fireballs that entered the atmosphere were even gone, but the burning structures remained that had been hit. The woman looked up in amazement and then ran inside one of the buildings that we're still standing, which happened to be the computer lab at their research facility. She quickly started pulling up models and diagrams on the computer screens trying desperately to put things into perspective. There was a screen on another computer that caught her attention. This model was from a satellite recording astrological events in space. She could not believe what her eyes were showing her. It was a spaceship, the size of Texas. The readings on the computer model were computing the winds and movement of planets, the Stars, even the milky way was captured. The whole universe was circling around this spaceship. The spaceship was being hit by asteroids and then bursting into a ball of fire. The woman actually hoped that the fireballs and winds would blow the spaceship the size of Texas in to pieces so that it would not land on the Earth. She even felt as though the universe may actually be on mankind's side, as to say the universe was boxing the spaceship. The spaceship was shooting at the asteroids and then dodging lightning strikes, the winds would swirl around tossing the spaceship and causing all of the planets to bump into one another, except Earth. However, planet Earth was in the path of this battle and taking hits from the impact of the spaceship. As the woman began to look through other computer readings there was a huge boom that rang out. She ran back outside and seen a strange metal object lying on the ground. The lady turned on her camera to record the unidentified object and zoom in on it with the lens. She could see it looked similar to the parts of the spaceship that she had seen on the computer module. "Yay" she thought because this would mean the spaceship was getting beat down by the natural effects of space. The woman looked up at the sky and felt the heat from thousands of fireballs shooting across the sky, back and forth. The sound of strong air and winds intensified. The sky was moving, like it was breathing, in and out, in and out. She felt like it was a vacuum sucking up the air she was breathing. She wondered if this was the end of the Earth and all living in it.  Would Earth be sucked into this breathing hole that led to a battleground of the unknown space phenomenal. She fiercely ran back into the lab building to see the computer module, and it was showing something she had never seen in all her 25 years of studying the stars and space. There was a dark matter in space, something like a blob and it was hurling towards the spaceship. Meanwhile on Earth, the winds were increasing, the pressure was dropping, the roaring grew louder and louder just like a vacuum. She was pretty certain this vacuum like noise was caused by the blob matter attacking the spaceship. The blob covered the spaceship, silencing all the commotion that was taking place. The boxing match was over and the universe had won! This was definitely a turn in time for mankind and the Sun. The woman was seeing a calmness on Earth and in space, there was peace in the sky. As she reviewed the computer screens, she could see the planets were single file lined up. The blob had faded off in the distance, the asteroids were no where near Earth and the stars were now shining brighter than they had before.


As she stood there smiling at the sunset which was now setting in the East instead of the West, a feather dropped from the sky and landed by her feet. Right then she knew her heavens had sent a feather of protection to remind her of the connection she was promised from her Guardian Angel, her God.

May 01, 2020 02:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Pranathi G
14:23 May 03, 2020

I love the title! Nice story! Can you read my story and give me feedback? It's called "THE TIME HAS COME." It's for the same contest. Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.