12 comments

Drama

Hi,uncle,What’s up"Nomi greeted me .He was looking very happy and jolly.Nomi,what about your ,didn’t you rent it “.I asked.Uncle luck favored me, a business man hired my house for one lacs rupees. He had given me twelve lac of rupees as advance for one year, tonight I would take you for the dinner”Nomi invited me. In the evening I went to the restaurant in Which I was invited.A man near fifty years of age was sitting with Nomi. He introduced me to that person as he was new lessee Mr Victor.Sir,I know you “you were in Karachi”.Mr Victor said smiling.I looked at him but I didn’t collect him. ”you had a black Chevrolet, I had a Puncture shop near your house,people called me Vicky”.Oh dear now I collected you Vicky, long time go,it that we all were young and energetic,now my memory has become weak “I said it by shaking hands again. ”Vicky,tell me how you become a rich?Dear it’s a long story,but I make it short, I married a very rich lady,she often came to my shop for the repairing of tyres,she had a red Fiat sports car,she was also young and beautiful,we fall in love,eventually got married.Than her father had given me some amount I started business of tyres.I import tyres and I’m also a Managing Director of a cooperative society.People buy shares in my company and I gave them doubled the amount and monthly every share holder gets thirty thousand rupees as a bonus,people blindly trust me I’m doing this business from the last twenty five years. I’m now filthy rich "vicky said all this very victoriously style. Next day he invited me to his home for Dinner.I met his wife.Her wife belonged to a very rich and well-known family .His living style was very splendid, house was very big with imported furniture. It was well impressive place but i was not satisfied with the words of Vicky.I warned Nomi that be aware of this man" Vicky,his business seems abnormal sort and illegal".But Nomi resistedly said “No uncle, sorry to say,your time was different and slow,now Time is fast and Vicky sort of people can ripe benefits from this time” .Dear Nomi,time would show you” .I said it little sarcastically.Vicky was indeed a business tycoon.He also been elected as a member of senate and his wife became Member provincial Assembly ladies wing’s ,now he became business man Cum politician.Every day the newspaper were filled with his news and pictures.Nomi always used to say “Uncle your predictions proved wrong, He is flying very high".But Nomi did you notice one thing that why is he still living in Rented house “.I questioned him. Uncle, there are many business men who lives in Rented house,why they block their capital,from that capital they can earn two times more,,uncle he owns his house in Islamabad, in which his parents lives”Nomi,this is all bluff i said..”ok,…why did he use rented cars".I again put a question. Actually he is running a company by showing expenses they get benefits in taxes. Naomi said. One day I was sitting in my office,Vicky came he was looking very gloomy and was not as electric as usual.Uncle,I’m now fed up of all this. I’m a billionaire now but my life has become problematic. “Vicky said lighting a cigarette.”your life was very comfortable and glamorous “.I very concernedly asked. This is all fiction, my son is involved with a nochgirl,He spends lavishly on her.He didn’t completed his education.My daughter made an elopement with his lover and now she is demanding her rights from me, My wife diagnosed breast cancer ,what shall I do now? “.He crudely said. Vicky why does all this bad occurs to you? “.I asked. Actually uncle it is very important proverb ”History repeats itself”, this happens to me.,I killed my father in law to get all his wealth,my wife plotted this, she gave him poison in food, He was not willingly on our marriage,that was the only way to get rid of him, now my wife health is in very bad shape.One of my partner is been arrested in US in drug involvement case, my business is ditching down day by day.I can’t afford to give profit to the share holders,now they are demanding their investment back and filed case against me” Vicky explained it all very painfully.Next day in the newspapers there were protest against Vicky.He was also a senate member,the opposition parties started rally against him to defame his party.His party charge sheated him and he failed to satisfy the party by his answers.on the other hand his sons pictures were published in a magazine,which shocked his wife and she passed away in few days.Vicky became very disappointed and upset.He started drinking heavily. His daughter married that lover but that lover was not loyal with his daughter,when he saw no charm left in his father's life and there was no chances of milking money from him,He started love affair with some other rich girl and divorced Vicky's daughter.All the investors were gathered round his house demanding back their amounts,.Vicky had to be presented in court after every ten fifteen days. His US partner was sentenced to Fourteen years imprisonment.His family was also threatening Vicky and accusing him for his imprisonment. Nomi was also very sad in those days, said “uncle you were right, we were wrong, as you saw shall you reap".Now the problem is from the last six months Vicky doesn’t paid me the rent and now I’m very upset,I doesn’t have any other source ,what shall I do,? Vicky is not in senses,how can I talk to him?Nomi narrated it very nervously.Now Vicky was all alone, He was looking more than his age. His daughter was now a divorcee,living with him.Sometimes Vicky started shouting calling his wife and than he used to faint.This was the routine of his life.He had now facing so many hurdles and problems to face but now he was fed up from the life,He started hating the fictitious life which he spent ,He always recalling his olden days when he had a small puncture shop, now he was a successful business man but the life he was living was a fictitious life .One night he took some packs of drink and shot himself.Mr Victor alias Vicky was no more,He was found dead in his room. Next day front pages of the Newspaper titled” Business tycoon found dead".The End.

November 06, 2020 16:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

12 comments

Hamza Rehman
18:14 Feb 06, 2021

Ups and downs are the part of life . management of life is the issue of the world order.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
18:13 Feb 06, 2021

A good time story.highlighting such topics are the need of the day..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
18:12 Feb 06, 2021

Story of a millionaire,in today's world people are running for short cuts wealth accumulation.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:48 Dec 25, 2020

In this uncle's predictions are very well placed.it means uncle was wise.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:45 Dec 25, 2020

Vicky's whole life sketched down v dramatically.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:43 Dec 25, 2020

These type of incidents are now the order of the day,but people still believe and trap up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
16:41 Dec 25, 2020

This story has a glamour,a person rises from scrach to riches.good concept.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yousaf Babar
17:56 Nov 28, 2020

Good

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
11:50 Nov 11, 2020

Thanks to reedsy for the approval of my story "ups and downs.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:11 Nov 10, 2020

Shejee,give me your idea about my previous writings.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
06:15 Nov 07, 2020

Sheeje,you are a good writer give suggestion for improvement.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
05:55 Nov 07, 2020

Great sir keep it up

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.