5 comments

Coming of Age Crime Fiction

RELATIVE RAPE

         I hated him. He was my uncle, but he raped me! My hatred burned in me! How DARE he! He came into my room as if he owned it. As if he owned me. 

         “Dear Uncle Jordan, he loves you so much!” my mother gushed, not knowing how evil he was. Everyone thought he was so wonderful! He was generous, letting us use his cottage during the summer. It was there he burst into my room and attacked me. 

Of course, I told mother. Of course, I told the police. No one believed me. No one would. In truth, they blamed me for making up stories to discredit the poor man! Everyone took it out on me.

         I looked out over the pond outside our home. Swans swam there, looking lovely in the early morning mist. Almost ghostly. Pearls swimming right before my eyes! I shivered at the image, and went for breakfast. Nothing tasted good since he raped me; nothing mattered anymore. 

         The world had gone blank. Black and white and shades of gray. Nothing mattered to me anymore, the world did not matter anymore.   I hated him, and I hated myself. I had no idea why I hated myself; I was hardly to blame. But still, there it was. Self-hatred, served cold and vicious. 

         I showered and dressed, then went out for a walk. I saw so many things that used to give me pleasure, but no longer. I fought against it, but the truth was, I wanted to die. There was no pleasure in living anymore. All I could think of was how much I hated Uncle Jordan. 

         Then, as I walked along the sidewalk, a thought came to me. Revenge. I would get him back for what he did. And he would regret it to his dying day. Assuming I didn’t kill him.

         I concentrated on where I was going, but the thought of revenge on my uncle burned in my veins. But how? How could I get him back for what he did to me?

         The warm late summer air felt soft and comfortable as the gentle breeze washed against my skin as I thought and thought. The greenery of the trees and grass made a melancholy backdrop to my line of thought. 

         “Cassy, would you set the table?” Mom asked as I entered the house.

         “Certainly, Mom,” I told her. I no longer thought of her as a loving mother after she chastised me for making up stories against ‘dear Uncle Jordan’. God, how I hated that man!

         Supper was dry and tasteless, as was everything in my life. After I went to my room to read. I was reading a magazine when an ad caught my eye. It was for gay companionship, and an idea began to form in my head. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Yes, it would work! I thought and thought, and I became sure it would work!

         There was risk, as well as a certain amount of danger involved. But then, no adventure was worth taking without a certain amount of risk. And he would have a taste of his own medicine. Yes, he would!

         School started, and I went to classes without any real enthusiasm. Even seeing old friends again made no difference to me; I lived for my revenge. Of course, it meant contacting some shady characters, but it was worth the risk. Oh, yes, it was worth the risk! I smiled at the thought.

         I went through all the ones in school. He had to be openly gay, but not so much as to be arrogant. Nothing boisterous, of course, but someone not ashamed of their sexuality. And not afraid of breaking a law or two. After all, rules were meant to be broken. 

         Then the solution presented itself. Another uncle, one Uncle Matt. He was openly gay, but that was known only to a very few of us. He was huge, with massive muscles on his torso and legs.  He was perfect! 

         I presented the idea to him, and he balked; in fact, he downright revolted against the idea! Still, he was intrigued, I could tell. I loved it! He finally agreed, and I set up the next part of the plan. It would be at the cottage where he raped me; in fact, in the same room he attacked me! 

         I sent the message to Uncle Jordan, and he, of course, did not respond. But he’d be there. I knew he couldn’t resist. I knew he would not resist the forbidden fruit. As it was, he didn’t. 

         However, even the best laid plans don’t always work out. It was supposed to be on the weekend of Thanksgiving, but things just wouldn’t work out, and we cancelled the plan. 

         The next opportunity was at Christmas, but again, factors weren’t ripe, and we had to delay it again. Uncle Matt was getting cold feet, but I convinced him it would be worthwhile. He was doubtful, but he knew I had him. I had a secret on him no one else knew. And he dared not go against me. After all, a prison sentence was something to be deeply ashamed of, especially in our family.

         Still, the year passed, and it was late spring before the time was right again. I bought the bikini at a fashionable boutique, knowing it would knock his eyes out! I let Uncle Jordan think things be would perfect if it was just the two of us at the cottage all alone, nice and cozy! 

         He went for it like a fish to water. He couldn’t keep his eyes off me as we met at the cottage. I had been there earlier to set things up, and now they were perfect!  I told uncle Jordan that I wanted to take a nap in my room, and left the dock side. His eyes followed me every step of the way. 

         I entered my room, and waited. Soon I could hear his footsteps on the stairs. I waited, shivering, and soon the doorknob was turning. He came in.

         “So, couldn’t wait for another dose of Uncle Jordan, could you?”

         I smiled. “No, I couldn’t wait to get you alone, dear Uncle!” I told him, as I reached back behind me to undo the bra clip. His eyes widened, and I could see the bulge in his pants and he panted to get at me. 

         Suddenly, he was grabbed from behind! Uncle Matt was there. He ripped his clothes off, and raped him over and over again. 

         I went over and sat by his head, his face contorted in humiliation and rage.

         “So, dear Uncle, how does it feel to be raped?” I laughed at him, knowing he was helpless, and watched through the whole ordeal. We left there, and went home. We knew he could say nothing about it. Rape by a relative was nothing pleasant, that was for sure.  Suddenly the world was a bright, beautiful place again. Oh, how sweet it was!

THE END

January 29, 2021 20:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

05:15 Jan 31, 2021

If you don't mind, can you please come and read my story? Also, can you please like and follow me? (You don't have to, but I would appreciate it a lot!)

Reply

Doug LeBlanc
17:15 Feb 01, 2021

I'd be glad to! I'll do it soon. Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:15 Jan 31, 2021

I just read all of your stories and they are awesome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
05:14 Jan 31, 2021

This story is bewildering!

Reply

Show 0 replies
19:44 Feb 06, 2021

uhh.... great

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.