0 comments

Fiction Mystery Thriller

Being a blond hair USA citizen it was tough to ignore the glare I got from the people of this nation, my friend abbas had told my I should try to cover up as much as I can, so I don’t end up in mess, I got down from the taxi to one of best hotels of Kabul, I couldn’t wait to explore the country, as we eat in the hotel restaurant a perfect Afghani dinner we were out to explore beautiful city,

We went to the shar-e-naw for shopping the beautiful traditional clothes the old jewelry everything was really old and expensive when changed the currency into dollars.

We went to the zoo quite interesting place but it held very little animals the white lions were great view to see, when I asked the people the told us, some died with hunger while some where killed due to health problem which shocked me.

Next was the beautiful place called paghman very green and the tress were full of fruits abbas stole some fresh fruits which tasted very delicious, in USA it was like eating plastic here it’s like eating real fruits.

“You know what Sammy Afghanistan is really beautiful country if only the war would end then you will see people from all over the world would want to come”, abbas said in a sad tone.

“It’s okay abbas that day will come soon”, its all I could tell him seeing him sad.

“Yes hope so let’s go now it’s dangerous to be here during sunset” abbas told me sadly’

“Ok let’s go” but suddenly Abbas mobile ringed he received the phone and frowned,

“What happen” I asked anxious about what the called said.

“Nothing we need to go hurry up” he took my hand as we ran towards our taxi, abbas told the man something and he hurriedly started the car, I knew something was wrong because the driver hands started to shake, we made our way overy hurriedly but to our horror there were people blocking the road.

Suddenly the car stopped people surrounded the taxi with big guns , half face covered,

“Shit its the Taliban” abbas whispered to me and I knew I was doomed.

“Rakhosha motor na” (come down from taxi) one of the man said I couldn’t understand what he was saying, but abbas signaled me to come down.

“Passport wokhaya sok dai da”( show me passport who is she) when he saw my passport he smiled in victory, but before he could do anything abbas punched his face, while I kicked the other we took their guns but more of them came before we could anything.

There were gunshots everywhere, suddenly a man came unexpected came from behind and we were held hostages.

We looked at each other and our faces were covered in black clothes while our hands were tight up we were thrown to the cars not knowing where we’re we taken.

The rushing cars came stop, we couldn’t see anything yet, suddenly we were pushed hard to our knees, We looked at each other and our faces were covered in black clothes while our hands were tight up we were thrown to the cars not knowing where we’re we taken.

The rushing cars came stop, we couldn’t see anything yet, suddenly we were pushed hard to our knees, suddenly our mask were removed the sunlight hurts our eyes, then a a big broad man came and stood in front of us,

“An American citizen huh” said the man and laughed while his group followed his action.

“It was quite easy to capture you both and now you will tell us who you are and why are you here is Afghanistan” said the man while I couldn’t see his face due the sun rays covering him it surprised me how well he knew English.

I have to do something damn it who the tell leaked the information Abbas was getting restless minute by minute he knew if this people find out who we were for really our dead bodies will packed and send back.

“My name is Samantha Travolta I am just here as tourist, I wanted to see This beautiful country that’s it we are innocent”, I knew they wouldn’t believe us whoever send them the message would have probably send it with images so there was no way to get out If this mess.

I knew Samantha was up to something or else she wouldn’t be playing innocent card here but what was going on in her mind I wished I knew because this situation is going to give any faint heart an heart attack.

My fingers reached to my watch my secret code watch which will send message to my people and warn them about the danger we are in and then I will see what these rascals do.

“Oh really you are that innocent pay double of our punishment lady because we don’t pity anyone, Even if you are innocent still you will have to pay”, the man kept babbling while coded my people I knew it was a success because the vibration I got.

I looked at abbas and smiled at him so that he knew help was on it’s way suddenly the man kicked me on shoulder and I fell back.

“NOOO!!!!” I shouted at the man who hit Samantha so hard as she fell back but the smile on her face told me our time was near and then we will kick there ass,

Now I could see the man wearing a white turban dark skin, face covered full of beard and moustache and I knew exactly who he was, he was Zafar Abu Talib the head of the most dangerous gang in Kabul.

“Your mistaken we are not what you are thinking we are just tourists” i would only hope he would believe me but i know it was a hard luck but i had to save us at any cost i was trying to free my hands in which I got succeeded but as Zafar was turning around I spun around and kicked the guy in the jaw.”

he shifted position and his feet crossed, left in front of right. He spun on his left foot, the right coming up and out, catching his opponent squarely in the jaw i held the knife near to his throat

“Drop your guns or else i will cut of his neck” i told his men i looked at Abbas who was shocked but i had no choice but try to save us “release my friend now or else” i told them and they moved hurriedly to open Abbas hands.

it was like watching a movie i had no idea how to sammy set herself free i could only stare the men came forward and opened my hands i got up and took his gun not only his but few others too with a sudden attack from one man I stepped back, balancing my weight on my left foot, and threw my right fist out in a curved punch at his temple. Turning ninety degrees to the side, he brought his right forearm up to counter the blow, formed a fist with his left, and threw it at my outstretched jaw. I was in trouble.

As my eyes darted in all directions to capture a glimpse of the new foes I had encountered, I witnessed it, the heavy rock heading straight for my head with its crippled and uneven appearance I knew I would drift out of consciousness by its blunt attack it hurts really bad the knife fell from my hand and i felt dizzy i looked at abbas who was hit on the back of his head.

“Samantha travolta ,” zafar said, stepping on my hand and making me scream. “I have been waiting for this day for over 10 years. Now, it is your turn to die in the same manner my son did it was your bad luck beacuse i just got your picture and now there is no escape.”

“What is this revenge you speak of?” I said, though my voice was leaving me. I had drawn a blank. The panic had set in, I no longer had the strength to bare any of this. Not anymore. Maybe today was indeed my day to die. Maybe. Lowering my head, I said one finally thing:

“i killed your son and today i will kill you too” i looked at abbas who was unconscious i looked at zafar in the eyes eyes and i tried to get up “fight with me like a man you moron” i could see the anger in his eyes and my challenge was enough for him but before i could do anything my watch started to vibrate and i knew they were near but before any of us could do anything the jet started to strike with the missile the missile blasted everything the dust covered my view but i had to get to abbas before he was hit.

my head was hurting bad i didn’t know how long was it that i had passed out but all i could see was dust where was sammy what happened and then i saw sammy coming towards me.

She lunged forward, quickly sprinting towards me and coming closer, then jabbing out her gun in attempt to save me, but reflex kicked in and I ducked forward and she shot foe, trying to cleave her legs.

i noticed this at the last second and only got away with a small, bleeding slice but she soon recovered and pushed back hard. She was very strong and i was thankful for that

i soon healed, panting, and I dashed forward, grabbing his head and pushing it down. My knee slammed into his face. the man Blood splattered everywhere as the i shot him between the eyes.

abbas and i came back to back and shot everyone who were to come near us but firing from the jets helped a lot but the mission was still in complete i looked around with a heavy panting heart and i saw my target

“sammy its dangerous we have to get you out of here” i heard abbas screaming after me but for me only on thing matter ZAFAR ABU TALIB

“I’m going to kill you,” zafar snarled at me. He attacked with a big right overhand punch. zafar stepped out of range, but before he could bring his hands up to defend, i drove his shoulder into his chest, slamming him into the wall, where he started landing solid punches into my gut but failed atlast i got the upper hand and i knocked him unconscious and someone from behind shot me luckily it was touch and go but abbas shot him he ran towards me and shot the fire flare in the air the orange smoke signal for help the helicopter came down Zafar Abu talib was take into custody as we climbed the helicopter another missile hit the spot and everything was turned in ashes.

An impossible escaped was made possible our mission was successful who are we i am special force agent Samantha john Travolta and agent Abbas khan and we work for CBI of America.

The end.

November 12, 2020 22:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.