0 comments

East Asian Mystery

         Everyone has a chance to dream. A dream is related to a personal desire and situation. The first example is about a family member who has a dream about finding her new job. The company accepts the application of the family member. She has an interview with good results, and the company's managers have a good impression of her good manners and professionalism. She will work as an accounting member at an international company that offers opportunities for advancement, health insurance, gym accounts, and holiday. The family member has a peaceful dream about her future endeavor. 

       The second example is related to a group of five high school friends. The high school friends have dreams they will meet each other after the Covid-19 pandemic. Five members met each other five years ago when they were teenagers. They had several meetings to think about the carefree days of their childhood. They studied the same class and took part in extra-curriculum activities for several years. These years have been enough to build their relationships. The third example has a connection to a neighbor who has a dream that his trees will create good fruits. The male neighbor has his dream that he will earn extra money to pay for his children's tuition in the next three months. The neighbor works hard to grow his trees and takes care of the fruits. He hopes that the fruits will be delicious to attract more customers. Therefore, the neighbor will have enough money for his children's education. He hopes his children will have qualified education, certain standards of classes, good lessons from professors, and opportunities for advancement such as traveling around the world to manage factories of a semiconductor company. Therefore, his children will have good jobs, high salaries, and modern houses with solar panels, and wind turbines. 

       The third example was related to a situation of a last-year student who needed to have a high grade in his thesis research because the credit of the thesis research is worth quite a lot of grades. The grade of the thesis research had ten credits which was a huge influence to improve his final grade. He hoped his thesis research will be able to have high grades so that he could increase his grade point average. The student would have his thesis defense soon. After two months, he had a stressful dream regarding his thesis defense. In his dream, he realized he would fail his thesis defense because he would not know how to answer his professor's questions. His professors would have tough questions, so the student would be confused. He kept quiet without trying to answer the questions. His dream was terrible because his dream was able to give a prediction of his future failure as a senior student.

       The dream illustrated the student situation. At that time, the student had a part-time job at an American company and researched for the company to gain practical experience. He was under a lot of pressure because he did not have enough time to carry out his research. His part-time job was time-consuming and challenging. His manager wanted him to gain industry knowledge, so the student had to read procedures, documents, and technical guidance. Moreover, the student also came to a laboratory to carry out several experiences and write technical reports.

       The fourth example is about an employee. The employee has a beautiful dream that she makes an effective presentation, increases her company's sales and profits. The manager of the co-worker is pleased with her performance and decides the co-worker will be promoted to a high position in the company. The co-worker is happy with her dream.      

       The fifth example was related to a family member who had a dream about his grandmother. He saw the images of his grandmother, who would pass away in three months. He cries a lot and wakes up. He was surprised that his grandmother would leave planet Earth soon. She would come to a spiritual world that he could not talk to her every day. After that, he decided to spend more time with his grandmother. He came to the apartment of his grandmother to help her with housework. He helped his grandmother to go to a market to buy food. Then he helped his grandmother to cook food.

        His grandmother wrote writes a list of necessary food for a week. The list has beef, onion, tofu, and vegetables. He realizes that he could try his best to spend more time with his grandmother and learn how to cook Vietnamese food. His grandmother can cook Pho soup, which is a Vietnamese noodle with beef, gingers, vegetables, green and white onions very well. She knew the secret ingredients to make a special hot soup that helped other family members to recover from diseases. The grandmother's hobby was growing plants and vegetables. She bought a package of used green beans and grew the vegetable for the Pho soup. After that, she planted small plants and grew the vegetable. It took a lot of time and patience to take care of small plants.

       The dream in the fifth example was a personal dream about death which was a prediction about the future. According to the commencement of Steve Jobs at Stanford University, “death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it.” Everyone will pass away soon in the future. A millionaire, poor residents in a particular area, hard-working students, and other people will reach death as a destination that we all share.

       There were several questions that were asked about the fifth dream. The following questions were: How the family members could save the grandmother, what the family members ought to do, what preparation ought family members plan in advance to prepare for the worst situation.

       After several discussions, conversations, and messages via social media, a family member decided to come to meet a witch. She believed that the witch could predict the future and was helpful for the family to prepare everything in advance. She invited the witch to come to the apartment to meet the grandmother and talk to her. The witch came and talked to the grandmother. She gave a greeting and showed polite communication skills to all family members, especially old people such as and grandfather, and grandmother. Her conversation with the grandmother was thirty minutes. After that, she said that grandmother would pass away soon because of simple accidents. She suggested that grandmother ought to stay home carefully. Simple accidents might happen anywhere from a careless driver, motorbike driver, or a ball from a kid, and other unexpected events.

       The witch created a psychological approach that was fearful. She created bad feelings such as anxiety, fear, worries, and other negative emotion. Then she concluded that the grandmother ought to be careful and stay at home for safety. The grandmother was persuaded by the well-prepared conversation of the witch. She agreed and followed her instruction. A family member showed appreciation and helped the witch to come back to her home. He also paid for the fee of a motorbike driver.

       All family members did not tell the grandmother about the fifth dream. They decided to keep it secret. The witch was a thin woman who was old and deceitful. She had a talk in a clever way that persuaded family members.

       After that, there was a conflict among family members who were from different families. Family members who were from two families of uncle and aunt had a conflict and they could not handle them peacefully. The family member from an aunt was impressed with the conversation of the witch; then she invited the witch to come to her house to talk. The aunt had a daughter, and she wanted the daughter to have a marriage soon. The daughter’s age was over thirty-two years old, so the aunt worried that her daughter wouldn’t have a marriage. After that the daughter talked to the witch, she had a huge crush on a boyfriend. She wanted to marry him. The daughter knew the boyfriend on Facebook because her boyfriend sent her several messages to make friends with her.

       After an investigation, a family member realized that the boyfriend was a terrible person. He dated another daughter in a family of an uncle. He did not have a job to provide a stable income. He was lying about his jobs and his character was unfaithful. Therefore, the daughter in the family of the uncle decided to stop meeting him. 

      After that, a family member from an aunt came to see the house of the witch. She shared her concern about the situation of her daughter. After understanding all suffering and emotional problems, the witch made a prediction that the aunt’s daughter ought to married to her boyfriend in six months and the marriage would be the best marriage. If the aunt’s daughter wanted to spend more time to find more information about her boyfriend’s character, she would be alone forever. The witch was a character who had magical and persuasive communication skills. She was a person who could interpret people’s dreams. She understood emotion and psychology effectively and was able to create fearful predictions, deceitful suggestions, and terrible conflict that could break the family’s happiness, harmony, and peace.

       In conclusion, the witch in the previous story was able to interpret people’s dreams. She applied the emotional approach with the support of anxiety, fearful emotion, negative feelings, and a psychological approach effectively to control the motion of family members. With the knowledge of fearful predictions, she created deceitful suggestions that could lead to conflicts between family members.

(1607 Words)

October 01, 2021 18:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.