3 comments

Mystery Drama Fiction

The Alarm was ringing at its highest volume as it was giving tough competition with Lisa's sleep. Lisa switched it off, hugged her blanket tightly, and lost in her short nap. Am I late for the office -thought Lisa and jumped out from her quilt. She took a brush and ran towards the washroom. Lisa packed her lunch quickly, locked her room. She took her car and left for the office. On the way, Lisa met one of her colleagues, Rita. She stopped her car and asked If she would like to go with her. Rita accompanied her. Lisa played her favorite song love story and rode to the office. As Lisa entered the office, everyone started gazing at her. Lisa was familiar with everything as it is so difficult for her to wake early in the morning in the winter season, and that is why she hates winter. Though Lisa was familiar with the situation, still other's stare was making her feel awkward. Lisa's boss noticed her and came out of his cabin and welcomed her with his unpleasant taunt-''welcome miss Lisa, you have done a favor on me by coming in our office. Would you like to have coffee or tea?''. Lisa replied-''sorry sir'' and put her head down. ''come to my cabin?.''-ordered boss. Somewhere Lisa was sure that her boss is going to punish her. After commanding her boss went to the cabin. ''May I come in ?''-asked Lisa. ''Yes''-replied boss. ''Miss Lisa, please sit......so you are late today, and you are going to pay for it. I m giving you one project. You are going to complete it today itself.''-said boss. ''Sir..... stumbled Lisa. ''No excuse you have less time go and complete your work.''-ordered boss. Lisa understood she does not have any option. She took the project and went to her table. The starting of the day was so annoying for Lisa .she started her work. Everyone was busy with their work. Time passed everyone completed their working hours and then went there home in the evening except watchman, Lisa, and her boss. after a few hours, The boss came to Lisa and said-'' I am leaving, you will complete your work today. Lisa agreed and continued her work. After some time watchman came to Lisa and asked -mam, when will you go to your home?''. I still have work to do. It will take some more hours. -replied Lisa .''Mam, I m leaving for my house as it is '9 o clock' .so you take the keys lock the office after finishing your work''-said watchman. Lisa took the keys kept them on the table .she continues her work. After a few seconds, it seemed like the watchman remembered something. He came to Lisa and said -'' mam, don't go into the room near the pavement-said watchman.'' Why?'' -asked Lisa .mam it is not allowed to go near that room -replied the watchman.'' But why No one is allowed to go into the room?''- asked Lisa. Mam, it has been 9 yrs since our office shifted here. The owner of this land has said -something unusual is present in that room. People say, many years ago a foreigner named '' Katie ''came to India .she was a historian. She loved mythological objects. One day she went to a historic shop and bought a flower vase with a sculpture on it. After that her life became a mystery. No one knows what happened to her. she was a daughter of a rich businessman. Her father did every possible trial to search for his daughter but failed. After few years of the incident owner of the mythological object found that vase in his shop. He was very sure that he doesn't have any copy of that vase. Again one of the tourists got attracted to that vase. He bought that vase. After a couple of days, he was missing .Watchman completed the story and was about to leave. Suddenly Lisa stopped him and asked does anyone know what is unusual about that vase which causes  trouble in life.'' NO people assume that it must have something unusual which causes the person to miss. The Government tried to solve that case, but still, it's a mystery-replied watchman. After the conversation watchman left for his home. Lisa was a carefree girl .The whole story about the vase made her feel so excited to know more about the vase. She had to complete her work .she continues, suddenly a notification peeped on his phone. Lisa checked out her phone and said -oh, I will have to spend tonight in the office. Due to blizzards government ordered not to go out as it would be dangerous. Lisa completed her work and went near the window to have a look outside. Lisa had so many questions regarding that vase. what would happen to miss Katie and that tourist? No one is sure what happened to them .How is this possible that a non -living object can be the reason for death. It may be possible that everything is just a rumor. After thinking so much about the incident. she decided to find the reason behind the death of those foreigners. she took the keys and went to the room. Lisa went near the door of that room and unlocked the door with the help of keys. In the room, she encountered that room is full of old things .she started to check everything. She was in search of the vase. She searched everywhere, but couldn't find the vase and spending couple of hours in search of that vase. Lisa got tired and dropped the idea of the searching vase. As Lisa turned around, she saw something on the wall behind doors it seemed like a locker is made on the wall .she unlocked the locker and found the vase. The vase with purple color and unique design seemed so unique and was so mesmerizing. purple color has always been the color of mystery and magic. It is highly spiritual and related to ancient wisdom. It seemed like nature is trying to indicate something to Lisa with the color of the vase. LISA took the vase in her hand and said-wow what a sculpture. I have never seen such beautiful art. It seems like the person who made this vase must be extremely talented. A human who can make an object such an attractive must be more attractive than his art. I would feel blessed if I would meet him once, and then a notification peeped on his phone that now she could move out as currently, weather is normal. Lisa kept the vase in the locker. She Locked the room, office and left for her home. Throughout the way, she kept on thinking about the vase. she was happy that she came out well from the room. Her belief turned into surety that the vase doesn't have any power. Lisa reached her home. she was so tired to cook dinner. so she directly went to her bedroom and lied on the bed. Within a few minutes, she went into a deep sleep. After few minutes she woke with a scream. Lisa had a dream of a strange house near a riverbank. when Lisa enters the house, she saw room filled with so many statues.AS she tries to touch one of the statues ,an old man comes out and commands her not to touch any of the statues. she asks her -'' who are you''. He replies-'' your destiny''. He looks into her eyes and comes out of the home, and walks into the river. Lisa gets restless after the dream.

January 19, 2021 18:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Nainika Gupta
16:20 Jan 20, 2021

Amazing first submission, Niketa!! The only thing I would recommend is to space out that paragraph a little bit. That will make it easier to read, as well as make it easier to understand! Can't wait for more from you!!

Reply

Niketa Nitya
16:25 Jan 20, 2021

Thanks for recommendation.I will make sure next time I space out.

Reply

Nainika Gupta
16:29 Jan 20, 2021

No problem!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.