24 comments

Science Fiction

Quick note: This story is part two of a previous story called "Mission Not Accomplished". If you haven't read that one quickly read it before you read this one! This one doesn't relate to the prompt though. Hope you guys like it! Enjoy!


The Plan All Along

By: Meera Lakshmi



Matthew:


God these people are stupid. Did they really think I was that dumb? I knew all about their plan. Send someone in, take me captive, the usual. I didn’t think they would send in an android, but one look from them and I knew. So, I clicked her power button. Pretty much all androids have a power button on their heel. They seriously didn’t think to put it somewhere else? Too easy. Also, they made the circuit INCREDIBLY easy to rewire. Amateurs. Right now she is rebooting so she responds to only my voice. I won’t change her identity, Sarah Blake. I don’t want anyone to suspect anything. They won’t see this coming. I’ll deploy her with instructions to go back to her base, but I put a tracker on her. So my team can storm them. Genius, right?


Hazel:


I felt like I was possessed. I was asleep, but still awake. All I remember was seeing Matthew and then the world went black. Wait, was I being rebooted?? Nooo! If I am being rebooted why do I remember things that happened previously? Maybe he did it wrong. Maybe I am still going to be there just hidden? My head jerked up. But I didn’t move it. I tried to say “Hello” but it didn’t come out. Matthew walked in. “You will go back to base. Got it?” “Yes sir.” said a voice. That came from me? But I didn’t say it. “Refuse to do so and I’ll kill you.” “Yes sir,” I said. Well, robot me said it. I guess the real me was deeply hidden, and no one knew. I needed to communicate with someone from the base. I am assuming Matthew is sending me there so he can follow me. I can’t really do anything about that. I didn’t want to die. I had to try to communicate with someone. The future of the world was up to me. 


Matthew:


Ah. I am so successful. Android deployed. Everyone at my mercy. A troop ready for battle. I’m the king of the world! Ah-ha! Destination secured. “Troop! Get ready for battle.” The troop of 20 men rushed to the hall. “We will storm the base. Any man who chickens out or betrays me will face serious consequences since I know each and every one of your families. Mark, I don’t think you want me to take your betrayal on your young baby Stella and your wife do you?” A man in the front vigorously shook his head. A man in the back seemed like he was dozing off. “Jude! You think you're funny, do you?” He shook his head. “This is a serious mission. Alan, get Cad. Everyone else, move aside. Not you Jude.” Everyone moved to the sides of the room. Jude was in the center. Begging for mercy. I pulled out a gun. And shot him. Right in the heart. “That is what you will face. Thanks for being my guinea pig, Jude.” I said as he fell to the ground limply. “Move him out.” Alan came in with Cad. “Let’s move out,” I said turning to the door.


Hazel:


I was at the base. Robot me walked into the great hall. Mrs. Ace was in the room. I tried to say, “you are going to be attacked!” but once again nothing came out. Mrs. Ace started talking, “Sarah why are you here?” “I was told to come back to base.” the creepy robot me said. “None of our agents were instructed to send you back till you have completed your-” Her face went white. My body turned around. Matthew’s crew. “What is going on!” She practically screamed. “Do pushups,” Matthew said. I dropped to the ground to do them. “That’s what’s going on.” He said with a smirk. Suddenly one of his men walked out from his spot. He stationed himself to face Matthew. He pulled out a gun. And pointed it towards his chest. He looked at his belt. Where his gun usually was. “You.” He said to the man in the front. The man had his rifle. He reached in his boot. “Looking for this?” the man said pulling out a smaller rifle. I’m guessing his backup one. “Wait,” He looked the man up and down. “I don’t remember anyone who looks like you.” Take off your helmet. They took their helmet off, per his command. Long hair billowed out of the helmet. It wasn’t a man. It was a girl. A strangely familiar girl. “Mission successful, mom.” She said to Mrs. Ace. “That’s my girl,” she said hugging her. The girl came over and pushed something in my neck. It felt like a weight had been lifted. “Am I back?” I said. “You bet.” Said, Mrs. Ace.

March 31, 2021 12:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

24 comments

22:17 Apr 02, 2021

Yaaasss love this! It’s cool how you switched POVs—and so flawlessly, too. The end wraps things up nicely, so props on that :D For some reason I was laughing during Matthew’s part cuz he was all like “dese people are stoopid. Stupid, stupid, stupid”. XDD

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
03:06 Apr 03, 2021

Haha XD. I absolutely loved writing Matthew’s part! Something about an evil kid psychopath is hilarious!!!! ❤️❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
19:59 Apr 22, 2021

New story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Palak Shah
10:00 Apr 15, 2021

It's amazing how you switched flawlessly and the ending was amazing. Well done !!! Could you please read my latest story . Thanks :)) ~Palak Shah

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
12:08 Apr 15, 2021

Aww thanks! I will. I am very busy so if it's not done by tomorrow please remind me!

Reply

Palak Shah
12:09 Apr 15, 2021

That's fine take your time :))

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
12:11 Apr 15, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Palak Shah
13:56 Aug 08, 2021

Could you please read my latest story if possible :))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
22:00 Apr 09, 2021

New story!

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
16:01 Apr 10, 2021

Yay! also, i got a new email set up. when your active again ill paste it here

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
16:03 Apr 10, 2021

the link to the doc i mean

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
22:36 Apr 10, 2021

Hey

Reply

Ari Berri
19:21 Apr 13, 2021

.

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
19:31 Apr 13, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hi Meera! how are u? Can u do me a huge favor and vote for me here: Here is the link to give me a CLAP : https://awards.storymirror.com/program/7737c3b5-c02c-4c7b-8a57-180cad19a2df/english/author/o2ifxdqp/story/class_8_12 Looking forward to your support! Refer the steps here - https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yxv5Z11nz_4&feature=share

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshara P
10:07 Nov 23, 2021

heyy! hru? :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Eren Yeagar
05:17 Sep 07, 2021

hey Meera! I am currently working on a Reedsy Cast!!!! plz pick a character.... link: https://forms.gle/tF2ZEUVaWPzdf5Vf9 and let me know what character you picked. note: pearl, Ruby and Crystal have been picked!. thank you!!

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
18:13 Sep 07, 2021

Hi! Thank you so much for the offer!! I’m not comfortable sharing any email info so I didn’t submit the form but can I have Iris?

Reply

Eren Yeagar
03:43 Sep 08, 2021

umm actually iris has already been taken, 😬

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
15:23 Sep 08, 2021

oh no! which ones are left?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Plz sign my petition to help save helpless cows and spread the word: http://chng.it/tmwTRXTcgq

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.