0 comments

Fantasy Crime Historical Fiction

It has been a while since I was captured. Those sneaky Pirates keep bringing Lava Stones which I have to continuously spread through this frozen wasteland. Do not get me wrong, I love the cold. I just do not like the fact that I am a servant to these cold-hearted traitors. They stole the hammer of my people and lied in order to gain servants. The Pirate Captain walked in laughing at my condition " Did you really think that was gonna work on us?" I responded with annoyance in my voice " What do you mean?" " The poison you monstrosity." The Pirate proclaimed in rage. I was tired of hearing him speak so i will get back to work on this. After months of working, a castle of great proportion stood high in the center of what I believed to be nothing more than an icy Prison since my arrival. As I was escorted to the castle and given these strange clothes that my people are not accustomed to, the only thing I wanted to do is weep. All I wanted to do is get what belonged to my people. Now I have to believe in their way, in their lifestyle without any say in what I want or need.

I overheard one of the warriors talking to one of the slave drivers. “ The southerner is doing nicely here.” The slave driver said “ make sure they get plenty of rest and food and they earned it.” I was furious they did not even know that I am the matriarch's daughter. They did not even ask me what i came here for, i was forced to leave my home under the guise of a friendly note. It was a lie, a trick, a form of elf knapping. The worst information came while I was weeping, “ We move to the southern ice village to help the others starting tomorrow.” their going to take more from me, i was once free, i had a chance to start my new life as my villages hero leader in training. All i had to do is bring back Izions Crusher to my village and place back at next to Icions Throne Room.

*Flashback*

My village is full of ice caves, and wraiths flying everywhere. You can hear the Elvish children playing in the childrens’ safe area being cared for by the Snow Elf Guardian. All of the adults were working hard on their daily tasks which were assigned to them once they passed their first journey and returned to the village leaders. When my brother went on his journey he came back with three Snow Lion Skins and the bones. He was able to hunt down three beasts yet I can not retrieve our most prized possession from the Northern Traitors. He was given a hero's welcome and I gave my village to these slave drivers who will steal our land and destroy our way of life. I hope they feel shameful for this decision.

*meanwhile*

The Slave driver came in and said “ Will you come with us, please your highness?” “ What did you just call me?” I said angrily “ I am the Matriarch's daughter and I hold no value in your insulting titles!” “ I am sorry, your highness. We only…” I stopped him there. I left the doorway, went back into the prison cell they gave me and smashed the shimmering wall art on the floor. “ None of this is helpful to any of us let me go home leave my people alone.” “ Why do you not understand we are only trying to help you people.” he said without trying to see my side of the situation. He walked out of the area and said “ One day you will understand that what we are doing is to help you.” They drug me out of my cell like they drug me out of that Pirates’ Ship without consideration, without remorse, and without any respect for my people.

I was sitting back on that ship of horrors. When all of a sudden the Prince sat down next to me and told me, “ We will be married when this is done, you know?” I was furious at him, at his remark the nerve of that traitor, “ How dare you speak to me like that you barbarian.” he responded in rudeness “ Well at least my people moved past savagery unlike yours, how dare you call me barbaric.” I slapped him and stormed off to another cell. They gave me crying out loud “ You should feel ashamed of these actions you took upon my people.” we arrived at my once beautiful home now it has been ruined with their barbaric structures, “ Where is the beauty of Vyken Terras’ Icy spirit that we came from, you monsters?” The Slave driver came behind me, put his hand on my shoulder and said “ This is for you, your highness.” “ What, what do you mean?” i cried “ You took everything i loved away from me, this was for you not me.” he stood there ignoring me like his people always have. “ Just take me back to your horrible dungeon. I guess i will marry your horrible Prince.” he looked at me and i could of sworn he had a frozen tear come out of his eye as he said “ Alright, if that is what you wish your highness very well.'' We began to travel back to the Northern Temple although it was not what I wanted. I just wish the other elves would try to understand why i am upset, why i choose to live the way i did. All of it is gone, nothing was left of what my ancestors worked so hard to make. The worst part is we all started the same but they chose to leave the path and thought for my people because our way did not match theirs.

It has been a while since we got back and I was working in the castle. The weather outside was getting colder and the wind began to pick up. At least I was inside, I may be used to the cold but I would die from that blizzard. All of those ruthless warriors that destroyed my home, and my peoples way of life were out making sure their people were okay. I wish they cared enough to ask me or my people how we felt instead of making decisions for us. My curiosity got the best of me so i started to walk around this large prison and found myself in this room full of paintings and in the center of the room was a case. I walked to the case and sitting in it was a ring and next to that was Icions Crusher, “ what is this in here?” the prince walked in and said “ It has been here waiting for you.” “ what do you mean?” I asked him with tears streaming down my face, my heart beating like the rage of my people who lost everything. He said “ I have been thinking about everything you have said and i want to my condolences for what your people have lost.” he proclaimed “ I would love to hear what you have to say we all will listen to you we are not our ancestors, they stole from you we have failed at making it right.” i responded “ Let me think about it, we used to live with nature and you wanted to disconnect from it are you really willing to listen then speak up for us now.” and with tears in his eyes he responded “ give us a chance, do not hold what they did against me i will make it right one way or another.”

January 22, 2021 20:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.