0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Holiday

                 Bacon And Lanarous

Cizon and Dorron sat down in the comfort of their wooden dining table which specifically represented the dining for two near the fireplace on the perfect night which was dark but loud by the deafening sounds of thunder and rain, the best time to fill tummies with deliciously prepared meal and slip in the comfort of warm and cozy sheets. The smell of the soil outside was soothing but their noble wooden cabin loved the smell of freshly prepared turkey bacon savored with melting spices covering every inch, with the pinch of red chili flakes and pepper, served exclusively on beautifully carved glass plate, and complimenting hot Lanarous Delight, bluish green in color which tastes like Vanilla and Chocolate, quite famous in the town of Costerwoods nearby.

Cizon and Dorron were highly excited to taste their mouth watering dish which they have been preparing since afternoon and they wished to enjoy every single moment with their dinner.

“This is going to be fun”, said Cizon excitedly rubbing his hands together and looking at the meal.

“This is the best part of the day”, said Dorron who settled himself rightly in his chair.

As they hastened to have their first bite there was a loud knock on the door. Cizon and Dorron looked at each other, this was unlikely because it was dark and rainy outside, and the town of Costerwoods was already in deep deep sleep, but there also was an explanation for the same because it was likely that someone might have lost their way and is looking for a shelter in this extreme weather.

“Should we open the door?”, asked Dorron and he looked with suspicion at Cizon.

“Not before we hide our meal, I am not sharing that”, said Cizon.

“Me too”, said Dorron as he stood up, took the plate and hid their Turkey in the oven back in the kitchen while Cizon somehow managed to hold the glasses along with the bottles of Lanarous and hurried to the kitchen behind Dorron but by this time there was a second knock on the door. Dorron then marched swiftly to the door and unbolted it, his eyes were amazed to find an eyes pleasing girl standing at their door, her eyes were enchantingly blue, and the face was a perfect oval and red hair added to her beauty. Even though she had her cloak hood on, the frills of her dress still dripped rain water; she looked scared and obviously was alone.

“I apologize for showing up this late at your door but I did not find the way to the town, it is raining and I do not find it wise to roam in the woods alone”, said the girl in her sweetest but shaky voice.

Dorron was lost looking at her and did not speak for another 10 seconds, after which his mind reminded him of her sayings.

“Oh! Do not apologize my dear, step in for it would be our greatest pleasure to serve you”, said Dorron.

“Who is it Dorron?”, asked Cizon in an echoed voice as he walked behind Dorron and finally his eyes met that of their late night intruder’s. His jaw dropped but the eye contact did not last long.

“Make way for the noble lady Cizon”, said Dorron as he simply pushed him back to the wall, Cizon came back to his senses and the girl helped to put in a faded smile.

“Close the door will you Cizon?”, said Dorron as he hurried to guide the girl to the fireplace not wanting to miss any moment with her, “I must give her something else to slip in”.

Cizon took the hold of the doorknob but before he closed, his attention was caught by a dark figure moving inside of the woods at some distance, he did not look at it for long as he knew it would have been an animal living in the same. Cizon bolted the door and hurried back in. Dorron in meantime gave her the clothes and she rushed to one of the rooms on the second floor to change.

“We must give her something to eat, she must be hungry”, said Dorron as he was enchanted by the girl.

“Are you talking about serving our meal?”, asked Cizon with desperation.

“Yes of course”, said Dorron as it was obvious.

“I will cook something else for her but that, I am not sharing”, said Cizon.

Before Dorron could speak however, the girl stepped down, wearing Cizon’s clothes, her hair were still wet but she was much comfortable to smile nicely.

She walked up to the brothers and said,

“I shall thank you for having me, I would have died otherwise”,

“Mention nothing of it but are you hungry please tell me”, asked Dorron.

“Yes, although we finished our dinner I will prepare something nice for you right away”, said Cizon quickly.

Dorron looked at Cizon with the look of disappointment but then looked back the girl and smiled.

“I am embarrassed to say but yes I am a bit hungry”, said the girl.

“You will have to wait a bit”, said Cizon after which he disappeared in the thin air.

“Warm yourself up dear”, said Dorron as he stretched his arm, showing way to the fireplace.

The girl settled in and by her side sat Dorron, both on the floor. The girl constantly looked into the burning ambers whereas Dorron was looking at her in moments.

Cizon joined them a little later with the bowl of soup in his hands. The girl took the bowl with happiness and smiled at them.

“So”, said Cizon as he tried to start a conversation, “What is your name and how come you ended up here?”.

The girl heard the question with calmness as if she knew it was coming all along. She took the sip of the vegetable soup and said,

“My name is Amber, I live in the town of Costerwoods, I was going to visit my uncle who lives on the other side of the mountain Virago but I lost my way after twilight, and it began raining and rest is before your eyes”.

“Poor you, poor fate”, said Dorron simply.

Cizon however kept on looking at the girl, who in a little while returned her gaze to the ambers in the fire.

“I will leave, the first thing in the morning”, said Amber with a smile, “you have been so kind”.

“Make yourself at home dear Amber there are no problems”, said Cizon with a smile.

There was a complete silence for some minutes and Cizon grew restless at last he spoke,

“We must take your leave now Miss, I hope you find your way easy, call us if you need anything, we will be one call away”.

Amber smiled lightly and Cizon helped Dorron on his feet who did not want to leave the girl but his brother, second time in this evening ruined his moment. They both marched upstairs, and even though Dorron knew that Cizon was right about everything in this night he still was mad, but however chose not to speak and walked quietly into his room just opposite of Cizon.

Cizon was restless, the rain still poured and as much as he liked sleeping in the coziness of his sheets in rain today something was unusual, he thought the reason behind that was because he was hungry and stomach growled from time to time, but the uneasiness suggested otherwise. It was dark and the candle flames were dying. Cizon slept for half an hour but it felt like a minute, as if he never slept, his throat however was dry and he needed water. Cizon slipped his feet in his night slippers, opened his door and quietly walked downstairs. The fire in the living room was exhausted, and Cizon made sure that his footsteps were not heard for he feared the disturbance in the sleep of his brother and the guest. His feet were moving towards the kitchen but in the darkness of the living room, he saw something moving outside the house in swift movements through the curtains of the windows in thunder lightning, he tried to ignore it. The late night intruder was however nowhere to be seen, Cizon reached kitchen and his heart sank, he froze at the sight of what he saw. Amber was sitting like a beast on the table, her hands clutched the meat of the turkey bacon and she ate like monster, with every strike of lightening she looked more horrifying. Cizon thought he was hallucinating for a moment lightning struck him directly but it was no hallucination, he quietly ran to Dorron’s room and knocked as quietly as he can.

“Dorron, Dorron open the door”, he said in hushed voice.

Dorron finally opened the door but he was sleepy and could barely understand anything.

“What is it that got your wand in a knot at this hour Cizon?”, asked Dorron as he rubbed his eyes.

“The girl, Amber she is a witch, or a beast I don’t know but she is not what you think”, said Cizon as he entered in and closed the door behind.

“Monsters are not that pretty Cizon, you just have been dreaming”, said Dorron.

“No, I went down to fetch water, you have got to believe in me she ate our bacon”, said Cizon

“She must have been hungry”, said Dorron.

“Not that hungry, she looked like she will even eat you and me”, said Cizon, quickly, he was gasping and sweating.

“Let’s do this, I’ll go downstairs with you and we will settle the matter”, said Dorron who was sure about the nightmare that he thought Cizon had.

“It is not safe, we must lock our doors and avoid danger at all costs”, said Cizon

Dorron, took him by his hand and tried to relive him, he then opened the door and led Cizon out.

“Bad idea, bad idea”, said Cizon with a cracking voice.

Dorron and Cizon quietly walked down the stairs but to Cizon’s horror everything was perfectly fine, as it was on the first half of this night, the room was warm, the fire was alive in the fireplace and the Amber sat in front of the fire.

For a moment Cizon thought he really did dream, but his intuitions told him otherwise. Dorron walked up to the girl who still stared at fire and said,

“My brother had a nightmare about you, we are not used to strangers you see”.

The girl was quiet for some seconds but at last she said,

“One must not take in everyone, showing up their door”, her eyes fixed on fire.

“I am sorry I did not understand you”, said Dorron going a little close to her.

Cizon’s heart was thumping loud under his skin he knew something bad was coming.

Girl looked at him quietly, then in one instance, she grabbed Dorron’s collar and barked at him, Dorron got confused and scared and tried to go away from her. Ambers’ grip was however powerful and there was no easy way to avoid it. Cizon ran to help Dorron but Amber got the hold of his arm, Cizon and Dorron were putting their utmost force and the arm began slipping through her hand, but to add more pain she scratched the whole arm with both of her hands wand long nails. The bond was broken with a loud jerk and Cizon crashed on the wall, Dorron however ran to the front door, Cizon’s head messed up, but heart skipped a beat or two when he saw Amber coming towards him with her tangled body. Dorron unlocked the door and opened it wide in haste, his way however was blocked by another monster, it was an inhuman spirit, made up of nothing but darkness, ready to suck in every ray of light or happiness, it growled on Dorron and before he could understand anything, the spirit growled angrily at him and galloped him completely. Cizon’s sense gave up, his brother was gone, a monster stranger girl was coming for him and an inhuman spirit waited for him at his door, he stood up as soon as he could and ran upstairs, he did not know where to hide or where to go, the images of his dead brother were flashing before his eyes, he threw himself towards the window of his room, and even though it was high, he still made his mind for making a big jump but the inhuman spirit spread his wings growling at Cizon below on the water logged ground, it was the moment of utmost horror, he closed his door, but it was soon smashed by Amber, looking nothing less than a possessed soul, she came nearer and nearer to Cizon and as he looked out of the window, the Inhuman spirit he found was now at the level of second floor, looking like an angel of death waiting for Cizon to give up.

Cizon accepted his fate and sat down with his head between in knees, crying and waiting for death when he heard Dorron’s voice.

“Cizon, Cizon”, it called.

Cizon then looked around him and the voice grew louder.

“Cizon, wake up our dinner is ready”, said Dorron as he walked past Cizon sleeping near fireplace in their living room.

Cizon opened his eyes, but he was sweating with fear, he looked around his house and his heart received the sense of utmost satisfaction, everything was fine, Cizon knew he was dreaming. Dorron asked Cizon to help him decorate the table and he with high excitement joined.

Cizon and Dorron sat down in the comfort of their wooden dining table which specifically represented the dining for two near the fireplace on the perfect night which was dark but loud by the deafening sounds of thunder and rain, the best time to fill tummies with deliciously prepared meal and slip in the comfort of warm and cozy sheets. The smell of the soil outside was soothing but their noble wooden cabin loved the smell of freshly prepared turkey bacon savored with melting spices covering every inch, with the pinch of red chili flakes and pepper, served exclusively on beautifully carved glass plate, and complimenting hot Lanarous Delight, bluish green in color which tastes like Vanilla and Chocolate, quite famous in the town of Costerwoods nearby.

Cizon and Dorron were highly excited to taste their mouth watering dish which they have been preparing since afternoon and they wished to enjoy every single moment with their dinner.

As they hastened to have their first bite there was a loud knock on the door!

July 02, 2021 18:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.