The mysterious haunting of Black Wood Manner

Submitted into Contest #64 in response to: Set your story in a Gothic manor house.... view prompt

0 comments

LGBTQ+ Horror Mystery

From the beginning, I’ve always been unnerved by that Manner that my Great Aunt left me. Though I’ve never heard of her till that day I got that letter, not long after her death. No one in my family would tell me about her, not even my mother. They told me she never existed, that She must have done something to piss off my whole family for them to not mention her ever.

           I did my research on the web through ancestry.com and where Black Wood Manner might be. I found her and the Manner. The sight said she was born in the year 1930 in New Orleans on the fifth of September, the same as my mother, though she was born in 1971. It stated that it was too early to state how she passed away, but they suspected natural causes like a heart attack which for her age was more common. It also says she was married several times, and that’s it not much in the article to go off of. But someone did mail me a copy of the will.

           It stated that since she had no heir or other family members, I get everything: the house, property, and whatever's in it. So, I decided to move there with my son, daughter, mother, our cat, and our two dogs. When we finally got to New Orleans, after we step through that gate I felt a weird vibe of sensation, I don’t know why but I can sense things, weird things. I have always been since I was young. But I can’t let this go, something is finally starting to look up, then the universe has to kick me from here to Sunday!

 I tried my best to ignore it for now but I know it’s going to kick me in the ass later. We started to unpack our bags in our rooms. After a while, I started to hear dogs, not our dogs or was it. It might have been Charlie, but it wasn’t Charlie since he was by me the whole time while I was working on writing my next novel, and Itchy wasn’t big enough to make a sound like that. He heard the same thing, or I assumed he did, as he tilted his head at the sound. His fur stood up as He then started to growl as he came near me as if he was trying to protect me.

           I decided to go outside to see what’s out there. I opened the door to this nice patio with fancy furniture, so nice that my whole family could envy, and or disown me, especially Grandma. I noticed that the property was very spacious about  20, 40, maybe even 100’s of achers of land, if I wanted to I could get a barn, have cows, chickens, horses, ponies, goats, bunnies, and maybe sugar gliders and hamsters, and mice. But that’s just wishful thinking. I also noticed the grounds had a beautiful garden, and it’s own Cemetery.

           Then I noticed two dog houses, with nothing in it. The names read Killer and Reginald. Then from the distance, I heard a faint voice coming from the house.

“ Hey, what are you doing over…….”

Then she stopped and looked at me. Then a spark woken within me, she was cute close to being hot, she had natural black hair, light black skin, and brown eyes.

           “ Wait… do I know you, you look familiar?”

           “N-No but I can assure you I have a  reason to be here.”

           “Oh, I see. You must be related to the grate Beldam, you’re the new owner.”

           “Yes, I moved with my family and heard of animals.”

           “What type of animals?!”

           “Oh why, is there a limit?”

                      “Um, er… no but, I have rules for the gardens.

1.    Dogs, cats, or other animals aren’t allowed in the gardens unless they are accompanied by adults.

2.    If any animals do destroy my flowers, they will be terminated by me personally.

3.    My flowers are my babies.

Got it?!”

“Y-Yes I got it.”

“You know if you keep my rules we’ll get along just fine.”

I was dumbfounded, blushing like an idiot. As she left me in the garden.

Chapter 1

Screaming lady

                      Jacob and Winnie were in their room playing while Itchy was watching them. Then Itchy was acting nervous and started barking up a storm. He ran over by the window bouncing up and down trying to look out the window.

           “ Jacob, what is Itchy doing?”

           “I’m not sure Winnie”

           Then they looked out and saw their mother in the garden, then they saw something through the glass, it was a fluorescent lady started to scream. It’s very loud scream startled Itchy and the kids as they bolted out of the room, and into their Grandma’s room.

           “Grandma!, Granma! There’s a screaming lady in our room!”

They both screamed in unison, as they jumped in her arms.

           “Screaming lady? What do you mean screaming lady?”

           “In the window, we both saw and heard a lady screaming at us!” said Jacob.

           “Yeah, Itchy was acting really weird,” said Winnie.

           “Where is Itchy?”

           Then they heard shaking underneath the bed. They pulled the blankets up and saw the scared weenier dog hiding behind his paws. They pulled him from underneath the bed.

           “Hey, did you kids see Tiger?”

           “No.”

           They said in unison.

           “Ok, well he should be around here somewhere. Let’s go find your mother.”

Then they left the room. They rushed through the hall, to the stairs, to the kitchen, to find a man cooking.

           “ Um, who are you?”

           “Oh, me well if I’m here by the stove, chopping up things and putting them in the oven, I guess that means I’m the cook. So, let me guess you’re the new owner, I was suspecting someone younger, cuter.”

           “Listen Asshole, my daughter owns this house now, and I would be really careful or you can forget about this job.”

           “Owe, ouch, I’m really scared! I’m not afraid of Karen and her daughter, sorry I dealt with worst your relative was scarer than you.”

           Just then Maya came into the door.

           “What the Hell is going on here?”

           “Oh, so you’re the new owner.”

           “Yeah, so you’re the chef?”

           “Yes, I am. Now that we all get that I’m the chef can you’ll depart from my kitchen!”

           “God, fine you grouch! Come along kids, Mom.”

           Then they left the kitchen and went into the living room.

           “So, kids tell mommy what you saw earlier today.”

           “Oh, what did you guys see?”

           “We saw a lady in the window screaming at us!”

“ A lady? What did she look like?”

           “White, long face, and white eyes.”

           “Ok, tell you what you can sleep with mommy tonight, and tomorrow I’ll investigate your room.”  

October 24, 2020 03:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.