40 comments

General

As a growing child I never believed in love seeing the way my parents lived and treated each other, to me love was a fantasy. I had this crazy idea of never letting a guy close to my heart till I was sure he was the one and so I discarded close communication with guys. Any guy who told me he liked me I would shun. Yeah, it was that bad. Everything started to change when I entered college. I was this quite, mind my own business type of person. I had never really been exposed to the outside world that much as my parents never believed the world was save for me. Stepping out of my parents car and facing the four walls of Blueford college in all her beauty and glory I knew instantly that the life I knew before was gonna change. I was also particularly happy about leaving home cause college was going to be an escape route away from my ever fighting parents. After completing some basic registration I proceeded towards my room. Upon turning the door knob my roommate Ann rushed to give me a hug. Ann was a sweetheart who made sure I was comfortable and volunteered to show me round the school. I was greatful for that and we instantly became sisters. Two weeks passed and I got settled down fully. I was a fast adapter so getting used to a place was never really a problem. It was a Saturday and as I sat on my bed wearing my sweat pants and reading a novel I loved so much titled " After" by Anna Todd with my favourite chocolate biscuit by my side and lost in my own little world when Ann suddenly walked into the room all smiles and hopping like a baby who had just learnt to walk. I laughed at this and asked what had happened to make her so jolly. Ann replied that she had been asked out to the fresher's party which was to take place a week from now. Oh that, I hadn't really thought about it since I hated parties and was obviously not going. I congratulated her as I was happy for her and was about to continue reading my novel which I was so engrossed in when I heard" Kate who are you coming with to the party"; I smiled and replied her " Ann, I ain't going am leaving all the fun to you girl, just go and come fill me in with all the juicy gist" I noticed from the corner of my eyes that she was having none of that and was about throwing a biscuit into my mouth when I heard " you are going Missy, cause I have the perfect guy for you". Was she kidding me there was no way I was going, just no way. If she only knew how much I hated parties but then again Ann was someone who hated hearing a no.

CHAPTER 2

It was Monday, the first day of the week. I personally didn't like Monday's. It was always so packed with classes, one had to wake up extra early,arrrgh; as I proceeded down the hallways it was so busy and full with serious faces of students running up and down trying to get to their classes on time. Yep, it was definitely Monday. Time went by pretty fast with my last lecture for the day starting after about five minutes I received a text message from Ann and Sophie simultaneously asking me to meet them at the school's cafeteria immediately my class was over. You might be wondering who Sophie is well not to make you wait. Sophie is my course mate and my seat partner. She was also the daughter of the vice Chancellor and was into so many humanitarian services. Unlike Ann and I, Sophie was bossy as well as authoritative but despite that she had a heart of gold. She hated seeing people suffer and would do anything to put a smile on their faces. Each time I watch her in action my heart just melts. I was glad to be surrounded by these amazing girls I called friends. Anyways, that didn't stop me from wondering what might be so important to make both girls text me at about the same time. I hoped it wasn't what I was thinking. The class was fun as professor Brooke took it. He was a funny man and knew how to bring life back to the atmosphere. No wonder he had won best lecturer of the year ten times in a roll, am sure in the years to come he's still going to win it. The class soon came to an end but not without our usual take home assignment. I packed my books and was on my way to the school's cafeteria when I got a call from mum. Picking my phone from my handbag which was clutched tightly to my shoulders and not looking where I was going any longer bumped into Jason. Jason was the school's hottie, he was handsome not only that he was the full package of intelligent, manly, cool, and funny but despite all this I still didn't understand what most girls saw in him that made them trip. You might think am weird but am just being me. I apologized to Jason, he gave me a smile and told me it was fine. Glad that that was over with I made my way to the cafeteria and to my amazement Jason was standing right beside Ann and Sophie. Kate I have a surprise for you, Ann told me, " what's that I asked her, I couldn't wait any longer to find out why he was with them". Not that I was interested in him or anything just a little curious. " Jason's going to be your date to the party", What!, I shouted so loud that I ended up drawing the attention of those passing by. Yeah, he's your date, Sophie butted in. After the girls had a good laugh at my hilarious facial expression I drew them aside and told them I really had no interest in going. Ann tried talking me into it as she didn't want me to contact the "antisocial virus" as she called it but I was having none of it. Jason soon noticed the tension between us and offered to buy us ice cream which I gladly accepted. I really needed something cold to cool down.

He soon arrived with the ice cream and after handing each one to Ann and Sophie he beckoned on me to follow him. At first I was hesitant but I later agreed. We sat at the far end of the cafeteria and chatted for close to an hour I soon got to know that he was Ann's cousin. It was already past 3 and Jason dropped us at our hostels we bid him goodbye and entered our rooms. Ann didn't talk to me for a long period of time, the silence was gradually killing me and I had no option but to approach her. After about what seemed to be like an eternity we settled things with a promise I came to the party. Hmm, Ann had her way again.

CHAPTER 3

The D-Day finally arrived,Ann and I had bought our gowns the previous day so what to wear wasn't a problem at all. I got my hair done and applied my make up. The only thing left was for me to put on my gown. It was nine thirty and I was all ready and patiently waiting for Jason to show up. Ann and Sophie had left much earlier with their boyfriend's so I was practically alone. Just as I was about pulling my heels off I heard a knock on the door and went to open it and there he was looking so handsome in his suit, gosh, I must confess this guy was so breathtaking. He apologized for coming late,took my hand and led me to his car. The ride was fun but I couldn't help notice how he stared at me. I was a little bit uncomfortable and wondered if something was wrong with my dress, makeup or did I have something in my teeth. We soon arrived and as I was about getting out of the car I heard a faint compliment almost like a whisper

" You are so beautiful", my heart skipped a bit. I soon discarded the voice in my head as I was so sure he had told many girls that same word. We entered the hall and while I was trying to take in the scene before my eyes Ann rushed towards us scolding Jason for making me wait. He apologized once again and asked for a dance. I wasn't a good dancer but he wouldn't have no for an answer. We danced and danced, it was the first time I would allow a guy so close to me as well as touch me. Strangely I felt comfortable in this stranger arms. Fear crept all over me and instantly let him go. I have never felt this way before and all I wanted was to escape at that moment. I managed to go to the balcony admist the dancing just to clear my head. The night air was so cool that I was drugged by it not realizing Jason behind me watching me closely. I was still lost in my own little world gazing into the sky when I heard someone cough I was instantly brought back to reality and turned my head to see who it was. Jason walked towards me and demanded to know why I had left so abruptly without telling anyone. After much thought I told him and to my surprise he understood. Silence engulfed us and we just stood watching the stars together. It was a silence we knew meant more.

The party soon came to an end and we all went back to our destinations.

CHAPTER 4

Days, weeks, months and even years passed by and finally my stay in Blueford college was finally coming to an end but there was no denying that Jason and I had a really deep relationship that I never thought I could have with any guy . We confided in each other with our deepest secrets knowing that it would be safe. A day wouldn't pass by without Jason giving me a call or texting me to know how I was doing. I felt really special and loved. Deep down I knew I had found my person, I had found the one but I wasn't sure if he felt that way or it was all in my head. Most times I lied to myself that what I felt wasn't love at all. Honestly, I was scared that I might end up like my parents. It was the last day of my final paper in college. I was so happy and sad as I would be living this place I called home but deep down the memories will forever remain. I was lost in thought as usual when I got a call from Sophie asking me to meet them at the beach once I was done since we had to celebrate our last day in college. I hurried to the hostel wore my beach dress and packed some stuffs I was sure we would need I didn't want to waste any more time and miss out on all the fun. I arrived at the beach in no time and saw that the party was in full swing. Hell yeah, I joined my girls in dancing, drinking and playing some games which I obviously won. It was a fun day. As I sat and watched the beautiful people around me Jason came over and told me he would love to show me something. We walked and walked for what seemed like hours before we came to a beautiful beach house surrounded by red roses with golden lights everywhere and candles adorning the ground. I was speechless as the scene in front of me was so beautiful. The person who built this place must have been an angel I thought to myself. I was trying to pluck some roses when the lights suddenly became dim bringing out more of the beauty of the place. Trying to call out to Jason to ask how he discovered such a magnificent place I heard the words " Kate, will you be my forever" turning around I saw Jason with our friends on one side on his knee with a beautiful diamond ring on his hand stretched out to me. I was lost for words as I choked on my saliver. I didn't want to reject him as I was sure I was in love with him as he was in love with me but I couldn't help asking myself this question, will all my fears be gone if I accept him?














May 22, 2020 20:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

40 comments

Philip Baker
13:19 May 28, 2020

It was a great story. As some constructive feedback, I would point out that it felt more like a journal rather than a story. Everything was radically abstract and blurry which made it all feel like a dream rather than an actual thing. I missed the feeling of getting some real details either in the environment or the people or the conversations. Nevertheless, no question it is one of the very good stories someone can read on here.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mohammed Azeez
00:00 Jul 05, 2020

Big sister mi wow beautiful story....😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:46 May 29, 2020

Beautiful story Ajayi🌼🌷

Reply

Show 0 replies
07:05 May 28, 2020

Interesting story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bruce Lorenzo
06:12 May 28, 2020

grammar needs some work (mostly run on sentences), but a sweet story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amal Arivi
17:16 May 27, 2020

Your creative potential seems limitless, 100 points... Lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Testy Oyekpen
11:45 May 27, 2020

Nice read dear. Weldone😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
11:11 May 27, 2020

This is very nice Diamond😃😃

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ayomide Precious
11:10 May 27, 2020

What a wonderful piece,u got here Good job

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kaycee Tony
10:14 May 27, 2020

Beautiful piece. 10/10

Reply

Show 0 replies
Efua Light
08:55 May 27, 2020

Amazing write up

Reply

Show 0 replies
07:34 May 27, 2020

Nice one

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ayomide Olumofe
07:12 May 27, 2020

Interesting good job

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jubilee Forbess
01:58 May 27, 2020

Shoot, guess I should get to dancing. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:40 May 26, 2020

Excellent 😎

Reply

Show 0 replies
Adeteye Dimeji
23:24 May 26, 2020

Great write up

Reply

Show 0 replies
Covenant Angel
22:52 May 26, 2020

Nice one

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:52 May 26, 2020

Hit b2b

Reply

Show 0 replies
Esther Olajumoke
22:47 May 26, 2020

This story is really lovely and captivating. Good job👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Travis Reid
22:27 May 26, 2020

Really incisive, 10/10

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.