3 comments

Fantasy Friendship Romance

I walked with you once upon a dream

There he was, as glamorous as I had known him to be, he looked out of this world and I was dismayed that it was all fiction again. I stumbled myself across the room headed his way, the closer I got, the more it felt known, I tried to fight myself out of it but to no avail, no sooner had I reached his spot than I froze. “Lia,” mom called out to me, “oh no, it was a dream again.” I sighed.

Hi, am Lia, and this is a story of how I dreamt my soul mate to life. I am an average teenage girl with a typical normal life, I’ve moved about from place to place due to the reasons I was never told by my parents, as you may guess, I have no friends or one I would call my best friend.

Mom and I had recently moved to a place in Libala, at the time, yes, my parents are divorced. Mom told me that thire marriage ended years back but it was hard for them to admit, so now they decided to separate, dad went with my elder sis Leila and I remained with mom. I fail in a deep depression due to the fact that they did not consider how I felt about it all, so, I shut everybody out.

To find myself, I would fantasize about everything impossible and made them possible, at first it was just about telling fiction stories to myself, but as time went by, it became my way of life, you would literally count the words I spoke each day. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months then years. Mom tried to get me therapy but I would easily take myself out of the session each time, so it was a failure.

The school year was finally here, after the pandemic was over and I joined a nearby high school. The class was warm and welcomed me, particularly a guy named Chris, he just never knew when to stop, technically, he was all over the place, and this didn’t really excite me, so as weeks went by, we broke apart.

Saturday morning, I jumped out of bed and decided to do something knew, I prepared myself and went to a nearby park, I wondered about until I was astonished by what I had seen, across from where I was standing was a guy who seemed a few years older than I was, he had an average height, brown eyes and a glowing caramel skin tone, I made out his face and he felt familiar.

I slowly walked to him and the closer I got, the more I was drown to him, he then noticed me and waved, I waved backed, but to my horror my hand wasn’t, "oh no," I thought to myself, with all the noise in my head I didn't noticed I had actually stopped moving, he came closer and said, “ hey, am Alphen, I’ve never seen you around, are you new?” I snapped out of my wonder and responded, “yeah I am, but have we met?” I asked, “not that I remember, “ he responded in the most sweetest way.

From then onwards, I went to the park whenever I could and I’d find him there, we grew closer and drown to each other by the day, we would go for long walks in the woods, have ice cream together and sometimes we snuck out to the movies, he one day invited me to his place, I definitely agreed.

We entered the house and his siblings warmly took me in, we had snacks and he invited me to his room for a chat, I was shocked that it was a neat one, for a boy, it was very neat actually, I complimented him on it and he said thank you.

  We watched a movie and we didn’t notice we were moving close to each other, halfway through the movie, he stopped it and said, “L, I want to ask you something, “  I suddenly got nervous and felt my feet cold, “ what’s up, talk to me," I mumbled the words out. “ don’t be scared, its nothing bad, I only wanted to tell you that over the couple of weeks we have spent together, I’ve grown to like you and I’d love to make you my girlfriend, I could hardly believe it, he was thee most hottest and cutest guy I had ever known, and he wanted me, to be his girlfriend, before I could show emotions and my excitement, he leaned in for a kiss, he kissed me, I kissed him back and it was so amazing, my first kiss, my first boyfriend, it was all as I imagined it would be , his gentle lips pressed against mine, his hands on my chick, and his chest right on mine.

We were officially a couple, and life wouldn’t get any better. He definitely swept my feet away. “Buzz ,buzz, buzz, buzz,” my alarm went off and woke me up, I looked at the day and it was Saturday, "OMG! I had dreamt all that!" I shouted, the previous day I had decided to stay in bed but,I decided to take a walk to the park instead. It was a bit cold so I put on a hood and stocking. I walked for a while and went into the park, it was beautiful, I always hated parks as they reminded me of dad, but this day, I remembered him and cried from inside, but tears did run down, I sat on a bench with my head faced down, as I tried to pull myself together when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, “ hey are you alright? “ a voice asked in a soft tone which calmed my heart. I wiped my tears as I looked up to see who it was, “ its, its you, “ I cried.

He looked exactly as I had known him to be, the same brown eyes, the same sweet soft voice, the same look he had right before he kissed me, “ how is this possible?” I mumbled to myself, “ am I going insane?” I thought as I heard him say, “calm down, if am bothering you I will take my leave, I saw you walk in the park and you seemed troubled so was making sure you’re okay,” he turned to leave but I impulsively got hold of his arm and apologized for acting wired, but he said he didn’t mind and was looking out for me, I felt fuzzy inside and looking at him, I knew I had mate thee one.

July 19, 2021 16:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

F.O. Morier
09:11 Jul 29, 2021

what a lovely story! Thank you so much! Fati

Reply

Liah M Sibs
06:28 Jul 31, 2021

Thank you so much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Liah M Sibs
06:28 Jul 31, 2021

Thank you so much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.