0 comments

General

It was a moment never like this! How could it be when I, Pequo Minchin had thrown a ball at my worst enemy Nix Manchow. Nix tried to jump as high as he could. At first, it felt like time had stopped; but then I just found out that Nix couldn’t jump with that 132 lbs. weight of his. I live on the lower street of Buchner Street. Nix lived on the higher part of Buchner Street. Our rivalries had started when Nix had skateboarded down the hill while listening to songs. Unfortunately, he didn’t see my best friend, John Scar.

And that had happened just that instant when I had come outside my doorstep to collect the mail. My friend was ran over by the skateboard. I panicked and ran towards his aid. I thought that Nix had bullied enough people, but this time he had crossed his limits. So I ran after him with a ball that was lying on the grass near me.

Nix was skateboarding comfortably, but I ran with the ball and with all my power, hit the ball at his butt. He howled in pain. He jumped from his skateboard as it went straight to the garbage can. After that, Nix made a huge loud, disturbing fart. I, who should have just taken the face mask mom was giving me, was now regretting it. I still ran to him while pinching my nose. Nix recovered quickly. He looked over at me. ‘ Oh, why did you throw a ball at me, Pee?’ I moved a step forward towards him. I was as tall as him. Just half an inch short. I punched him in the gut. But he dodged it and said ‘ What?’ I moved sideways, he saw John lying on the ground. ‘ Oh, what happened to this piece of bones?’ I told him what he had done. He replied, ‘Oh, I actually did that? Ha, well serves him right.’ This time, I actually punched him in the gut. He slowly fell to the ground. He looked injured. Because people say it is his weak spot. He groaned and howled in pain.

Then, I picked up the ball and threw it at him. Again.

 Then some kids who were watching us came in to help Nix, who was struggling. And to make matters worse, my mom called me home. Luckily, she wasn’t wearing her glasses; so she couldn’t see the group of boys who were fighting. I picked up John and ran towards my house while barely making it alive.

The kids who were fighting “me” got tired and just decided to go home. Cause they saw that we were out and clear So they steered clear and went home. But Nix ran after one of the boys for protection. So one of the boys named Jake had to go to the upper hill to drop off Nix; and in return he would get five bucks. So that would mean that Nix is not coming outside for a few days.

When I told the incident between Nix and John , my mom was shocked. She called John ’ s mom and told her to come to our house. She came in a few minutes and saw her son lying unconsciously on the bed.

          John was admitted into the hospital for a few days. So I thought of building a cool structure when he came back from the hospital.

I had waited two days. TWO DAYS! Imagine waiting for a parcel of yours that will come in two days, for you it will feel like a month had passed. That was exactly how I felt. Not that John is a parcel though.

 John had come from the hospital feeling a bit better. But his doctor had advised John to stay at rest for just one day. He told him to come out of his bed if he had to go to the bathroom or something else. Other than that, he was free to go home.

So, I decided to visit him in the afternoon. After lunch, I went to John ’ s house, which was three houses away from Nix’s. So I went up three houses ahead of John ’ s and checked at Nix. Sure enough, he was at the window wishing he could just be outside and skateboard. I waved at him slyly and smirked. I turned around and headed to the Scar’s house.

I knocked thrice before someone opened the door. It was John ’ s dad, Serio. I greeted him in. I then saw John ’ s mom, Quorin, in the kitchen, obviously makin lunch. Their family had late lunches.

I greeted her and went to John ‘s room.

John ’ s room was filled with the smell of Cinnamon. His toys were arranged neatly. His room had never been that clean. Even when he did do it, it wasn’t as good as this. So for sure his mom had done it. So that John didn’t have any obstructions when he entered his room.

John was lying in his bed reading a book when he saw me. His bruises were healed but had left rashes and scars all over his body. He had bandages on his head. His glasses looked different. They were smashed. So that means new glasses for him. Other than that he was fine. He was very happy to see me. He was bored those two days. He wanted to play outside and chat with his friends. Now he could!

          Sup, dude. Nix was so scared when I checked at him that he was at the window day dreaming about going outside and bullying kids. And tomorrow, we will do something fun.’ John whistled. ‘It will make sense to your tomorrow,’ I assured him.

          I left after that cause John ’ s mom came with his lunch.

          That night, I slept over excitedly, I was excited for tomorrow. The Big Day!!

          The next day, I woke up wearily. Feeling tired. Mainly because I couldn’t sleep over the thought of the “fun” they were going to have. But I didn’t want to disappoint John , so I got ready, and headed to the Scar’s.

          Apparently, John hadn’t slept either. He was dangling here to there. But he looked fine now. His rashes and all that were dim now. But his scars weren’t. But he was still fine. He came to the doorstep eating a croissant. ‘Shall we go then?’ he asked. I nodded. We headed to the tree where I had recently tried to fight of the boys. There was a nice and cozy tree up there. Beneath the tree was some wood. ‘These woods had fallen from the tree. Someday, I don’t remember when.’ I said. John kneeled at the wood. ‘This is perfect and strong wood. But why did you bring us here?’ I replied. I couldn’t hide the “fun” away from him anymore. ‘Oh, that is because we are going to make a tree house!’

          There was silence! Well, except for me laughing like an evil maniac. And then, John gasped. ‘Dude, that’s a great idea. But how are we going to make a tree house.’ I stopped laughing. My evil laugh turned into a smile. ‘Bruh, you know how to architect stuff.’

‘Well yeah I can do that but who is going to build.’ Said John . ‘Don’t worry about that, just do your architecting, man. That’s all. Well, you are going to help me build! It’s a lot of work so get ready to be sweaty.’

          I was right about being sweaty. I always am! After thirty minutes of working John said he needed water. So I told him to bring me some water, too. And some sunscreen. I looked over John ’ s design, it was pretty impressive and decent for building. It looked like it could take a whole day, though. So when John came with the water and sunscreen, I told him it was time to go sweaty try hard! So we took a five-minute break to chill and put some sunscreen. After five minutes, we began the construction!

          I have to admit that I was actually good at building. John had finished the design in five minutes after his break. After finishing his design, he gave the paperwork to me. When John was working on the design, though, I had gone to get some stuff from my garage. (I took private lessons from my dad!) I came with like a driller and other stuff like that.

 The other kids at the street must have gotten pretty interested by the idea, because they put a chair and a fan, and helped themselves to popcorns and cold drinks as if it were a movie, including Nix. They had totally forgotten about the skateboard incident. Because they were enjoying themselves.

The building was actually going pretty well. And it was only 10: 30. So that meant we had plenty of time till afternoon.

We first made the bottom, which I had made smooth using a thing I didn’t know what was called. But I knew the feature. My dad had told me a few days ago. Then we made the sides. That was used by nails, and John put some hot glue as well. The top was probably the hardest one. So I went in the house and checked how high the roof should be! After that, John did some measuring of wood and put the top. But the wood was going out of stock very swiftly. So John went to some other trees in the street to get some wood. He came with a huge pile of woods; which was more than sufficient. We worked an hour more and finished the tree house. All that was left was painting. I asked John if he had paint, but he said he didn’t. I said that I didn’t have it either. And so that was a problem, because without paint, it wouldn’t really look like a tree house. In my opinion.

And that meant only one thing. Nix’s family had just gotten their house painted last week. And there was plenty of paint left in their garage.

So me and John , being left with no choice, went to Nix’s house. Nix was sitting with his chair chewing his goldfish crackers. When he saw us, he panicked. But I tried to explain him that we weren’t here to hit him. And that kind of calmed him down. Kind of!

          ‘Nix, I am not here to hit you. Clam down. But instead we are here for an offer. We are wanting to build a tree house. And we just needed some paint for our finishing touch. And we know that you have the paint. So if you can please give us that paint, it would be a real help.’ That was something I had never wanted to say. But I had to make a fair offer to the dude. You gotta do what you gotta do! Nix thought about it a lot. As if this was a question to life or death. But he said, ‘Then I can only give it to you for one deal.’ He paused. Probably rethinking this. ‘So, I’m gonna help paint as well.’ That was the only thing left to say. The ONLY! Why did he have to ask that? But I knew that we were going to become this idiot’s friend to get the paint. But why not make some profit for this street as well. So I asked, ‘Ok, but I have one condition.’ Nix nodded. I resumed, ‘Yeah, so you’re gonna have to stop bullying people, forever!’ Nix stopped cold. But he was desperate for painting. So he just said “yes.” He had PROMISED!

He went inside to get the paint. After a few minutes, He had buckets of paint.

           And so we started painting after getting Nix to climb up. It was actually pretty quick because Nix knew how to paint well. The tree house looked awesome when it was complete. The outer body was red. Except the door, which was brown. The inside was normal brown. But the insides were smooth. I brought a carpet to sit on. Me and John even put pictures. This afternoon, we had decided that we had done enough work for a day. So when Nix’s mom called him to come home, he went. John went to get some more water and some snacks. And then John and I lay on the carpet and took a quick nap after we had eaten their snacks.

          We woke up in the evening and saw the sun setting down. We decided to put the ladder down and head home. We bid goodbye to each other.

          This week, we had many visitors in their tree house. John and I decided that if kids wanted to see our accomplishment, then why not? But why not earn some money off of it as well. So we charged the kids two bucks for entering the house. Pictures are allowed. Only two people allowed at once. And many other rule that are used in places like the museum. They named their tree house Buchner because it was our street’s name and soon might become an attraction!!

July 16, 2020 01:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.